Mine Ride Construction Update

danv3

So, doesn't that late date for CM training kinda mess up the media preview and "grand opening" dates (in the April 30-May 2 timeframe) that have previously been out there? They ride CMs have to get trained first and then they will have to do some time with soft openings to work out kinks, right?

It's late for that reason (not much time for soft openings) and it's also inconsistent with past history for major ride openings (e.g. rest of FLE, Everest). OTOH, I've been trying to remain hopeful for early April openings but with each passing day that seems less and less likely.

dstrawn9889

it seems they have been MORE thorough with the inspection and worthy-ness of the track... at least from what i have seen here. the retracking of space did nt take that long

JLipnick

We havent seen pics lately of the right side of the mountain (looking at the entrance). the left side appears to be almost 100% complete with the walls down. also, it appears the roof work on the buildings has been complete for a while so all other work to be done in that area is indoors and can obviously move ahead much quicker. I am still holding out hope of an earlier CM training and soft opening. I still have 7 days until my guess of soft openings on 3/27!

EPCOTCenterLover

Just a question. I cannot tell from the photos, but does the "forest" part of New Fantasyland really feel like a forest? Seems the greenery all around is a bit lacking. But I haven't been there myself to see it.

orky8

Just a question. I cannot tell from the photos, but does the "forest" part of New Fantasyland really feel like a forest? Seems the greenery all around is a bit lacking. But I haven't been there myself to see it.

I think we need to give it time to fill in. Obviously there are wide pathways, which aren't foresty, but I think the line to the mine train will feel more foresty based on what I saw. Many of the trees don't have their spring foliage yet, as well, and obviously were just transplanted. So, short answer is yes, but with the caveat that the necessary wide pathways reduce the actual forest feel.

EPCOTCenterLover

I think we need to give it time to fill in. Obviously there are wide pathways, which aren't foresty, but I think the line to the mine train will feel more foresty based on what I saw. Many of the trees don't have their spring foliage yet, as well, and obviously were just transplanted. So, short answer is yes, but with the caveat that the necessary wide pathways reduce the actual forest feel.
Thank you!

HeatherWatson

Me too! I'll be there that weekend but if they're just starting training... I'm REALLY hoping that maybe they're training in waves or something and this particular CM isn't in the first group. But then I have no clue how things are actually done, so that's just my wishful thinking.

Sounds like "waves" of training could be a strong possibility! I read this on screamscape:

"(3/18/14) Good news… I’m told that Cast Members will begin training to run the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train starting on April 20th. UPDATE - Other CM’s will begin to train at Seven Dwarfs well before April 20th as well."

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_magic_kingdom.htm#DwarvesCoaster

"Well before" means more than a week (at least in my mind) so perhaps the April 13 date listed by the Instagram user won't be the earliest training start date either. Fingers crossed for 7DMT to be open for our 5/3-11 vacation--I'll be so disappointed if we miss it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom