Mine Ride Construction Update

Sped2424

so check list based off what we can see that is left to finish, Cottage, painting, trees and landscaping. The entrances. What we don't see is what worries me inside scene and interactive que and how far along those may or may not be, which I am guessing they won't start on until the outside is done.

Last edited:

Jakester

image.jpg
Just saw this heading out

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
so check list based off what we can see that is left to finish, Cottage, painting, trees and landscaping. The entrances. What we don't see is what worries me inside scene and interactive que and how far along those may or may not be, which I am guessing they won't start on until the outside is done.

Disney released video months ago that showed some work being done on the indoor mine scene. It's very likely that all the interior work is well under way.

Ralphlaw

My 6 year old daughter loves Little Mermaid, both here and in California. I think we all need to remember that the things that thrill an adult might be too much for littler kids. Little Mermaid, like Small World and Peter Pan, may not appeal to adults who love Disney, but they very much appeal to littler kids, with just enough interest to keep teens and adults from getting overly bored.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
My 6 year old daughter loves Little Mermaid, both here and in California. I think we all need to remember that the things that thrill an adult might be too much for littler kids. Little Mermaid, like Small World and Peter Pan, may not appeal to adults who love Disney, but they very much appeal to littler kids, with just enough interest to keep teens and adults from getting overly bored.
I think the main complaint about Mermaid, is the fact that the mechanics of the "show" are apparent, especially in the "under the sea" scene. Most (if not all) of the MK's attractions do a MUCH better job of hiding those elements. The designers of Mermaid (especially the main show scene) seem to have completely disregarded the fact that the ceilings, catwalks, lighting, etc....were all installed without thought of disguising those elements. As far as the "story" of the attraction, we can argue about how linear it is, or whether certain scenes should have been added or deleted, but as for attraction "quality", the immersive aspect of the attraction really isn't there. If those elements had been dealt with, I think the complaint factor would drop substantially.

Sped2424

I think the main complaint about Mermaid, is the fact that the mechanics of the "show" are apparent, especially in the "under the sea" scene. Most (if not all) of the MK's attractions do a MUCH better job of hiding those elements. The designers of Mermaid (especially the main show scene) seem to have completely disregarded the fact that the ceilings, catwalks, lighting, etc....were all installed without thought of disguising those elements. As far as the "story" of the attraction, we can argue about how linear it is, or whether certain scenes should have been added or deleted, but as for attraction "quality", the immersive aspect of the attraction really isn't there. If those elements had been dealt with, I think the complaint factor would drop substantially.
which is why they are going to give it a big refurb over in cali at some point.

Ralphlaw

That all makes sense. I think the imagineers may have been so wrapped up in Ariel's hair and the going underwater effect that they forgot to disguise the infrastructure. Of course, when it comes to undisguised infrastructure, I think Small World takes the cake. From certain angles, you can actually see the mechanics of moving animals and other such stuff.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I give Small World a break when it comes to show mechanics.....Since the attraction is based on dolls, singing a song, the immersion factor is different than an attraction with roots in a movie. We all accept that dolls are just that, dolls. It might actually be creepier if we didn't see the mechanics of some of these animatronics (is this maybe the plot line of a movie where the dolls come to life after the park is closed?)!

Anyway, here's hoping that the mine scene in the Mine Train attraction is properly themed and the sets appear "real".

vagabondarts

I give Small World a break when it comes to show mechanics.....Since the attraction is based on dolls, singing a song, the immersion factor is different than an attraction with roots in a movie. We all accept that dolls are just that, dolls. It might actually be creepier if we didn't see the mechanics of some of these animatronics (is this maybe the plot line of a movie where the dolls come to life after the park is closed?)!

Anyway, here's hoping that the mine scene in the Mine Train attraction is properly themed and the sets appear "real".

I will LOL if the dwarves in the show scenes end up as plywood flats

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom