Mine Ride Construction Update

dreamscometrue

Came to this thread to read discussion on the mine train, instead read 2 pages about school vacations. I'm more interested in hearing about the water that was posted about before the topic was changed...

You are correct. Sorry for contributing to thread drift. Seriously; I complain about that, so should not enable it. Now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion. :)

(And welcome to the boards!)

Sped2424

There was an update posted on orlando theme park news for the mine train recently! They are starting to fill up the water area under the track near the bridge!
tumblr_myfn5mRT6g1s0c4z4o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Came to this thread to read discussion on the mine train, instead read 2 pages about school vacations. I'm more interested in hearing about the water that was posted about before the topic was changed...
Sorry, that was my bad.
I guess I've been spending too much time in the "Chit Chat" section, where anything goes.

A discussion of varying school vacation times does, however, have some merit. If you are trying to avoid the busier times of the year, does it not help to know when the bulk of the kidlets are out of class?

Last year, we were in the World during a time known as "Jersey Week". The parks were unexpectedly busy - outrageously so at times. Had I known of the school break known as Jersey Week, I would have re-jigged our dates by a few days.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
in Canada, most universities (if not all) end their regular academic year in mid to late late April (it's all done by then, including exams), so we tend to have university study breaks in early to mid March as well.

Btw, I have to ask my American friends why they all refer to universities as 'college'. They have names like 'Florida State University', 'University of Nevada Las Vegas' and 'Harvard University'. But when you talk to someone from the U.S., they talk about 'going to college'. It's even called 'College Football', but it's university football. :confused: (In Canada, colleges and universities are both post secondary institutions, but have different course offerings, program lengths, etc.)

My DD last week just graduated from the University of Illinois. Illinois has tremendous breadth and depth in academics, with more than 150 undergraduate and more than 100 graduate and professional programs. There are 14 major academic units (colleges) within the university. Her college degree is from the college of Liberal Arts and Sciences, with a degree from the University of Illinois, where her double major was mathematics and statistics. Not all colleges in the United States are Universities. But all Universities have colleges. Thus College football, etc.

Sped2424

It looks like there's a water line on the faux track support pilings as if it was filled with water, but then drained.
I was noticing that too, the support beams both have water lines, and pretty well up there too, after all its supposed to be stream going from that side feeding into the be our guest area.

AEfx

Well, you can see how tempting it is to go off topic, when watching the Mine Ride construction progress is tantamount to watching paint dry! Seriously, 89 pages of time lapse photography is really taxing everyone's patience. :)

Precisely. I come to this thread like every six months and it's like...seriously? At the pace Universal adds a new attraction, this little hill would have taken six months, max - and in the time his has been going on, they could have built an entire resort from ground breaking to opening day.

tl77

There was an update posted on orlando theme park news for the mine train recently! They are starting to fill up the water area under the track near the bridge!
tumblr_myfn5mRT6g1s0c4z4o1_1280.jpg

I think the waterfall pictures a few pages back, and this puddle at the bottom of those waterfalls might be related some how... or maybe be the dam under the bridge to Belle's Village just sprung a leak

Wikkler

The old Snow White gift shop is going, wonder if it will be replaced by another princess shop in its current location, and a Snow White shop at the end of SDMT

Animaniac93-98

The mine shop will likely get a minor name and theme change. There's no space or building for a gift shop on the plot of land where the mine ride is. The cottage is just a prop, not intended for guest use.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The mine shop will likely get a minor name and theme change. There's no space or building for a gift shop on the plot of land where the mine ride is. The cottage is just a prop, not intended for guest use.

There is still the other structure that is being built closer to Storybook Circus, it's possible that it could be used as a gift shop

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom