Mine Ride Construction Update

rreading

The back and forth motions indicated on the drawings make me think these are animated figured and not animatronics.

Hope not. But in either case, what suggests that to you? I would think that animatronics could make these movements fairly easily. But I have only seen the show, not the behind the scenes.

lazyboy97o

Hope not. But in either case, what suggests that to you? I would think that animatronics could make these movements fairly easily. But I have only seen the show, not the behind the scenes.
Because an animatronic has ranges of motion that are programable. A few parts moving uniformly and repeatedly are the realm of animated figures.

sponono88

Once again, apologies for the quality! It's the best I could do in a very crowded Imagineering pavilion. These sheets were strewn about in a desk and I wish I could have taken a picture of all of them but as I said, it was quite crowded in there.

IMAG6097_1_1.jpg

phi2134

Once again, apologies for the quality! It's the best I could do in a very crowded Imagineering pavilion. These sheets were strewn about in a desk and I wish I could have taken a picture of all of them but as I said, it was quite crowded in there.

View attachment 29803

Thanks for sharing these, I think its pretty amazing to get a look at these "blue prints" and what we can expect the AAs to do. Favorite part of these is the storyline on the right.

WDWDad13

Actually, you can blame TDO. They could easily have construction happening during the park's operating hours, just like in DCA. The Little Mermaid attraction, Buena Vista Street, and Cars Land all had constant construction during operating hours. TDO just refuses to spend the money to get the project completed on time and would rather draaagg out the construction process to save a few bucks.

it's not that... this ride is right smack in the middle of fantasyland and you can walk around it(for the most part) - metal work and heavy equipment going in and out, etc. would NOT be ok in the magic kingdom during the day. I'd rather it be delayed then to be an extreme annoyance around that area for park guests

muteki

Actually, you can blame TDO. They could easily have construction happening during the park's operating hours, just like in DCA. The Little Mermaid attraction, Buena Vista Street, and Cars Land all had constant construction during operating hours. TDO just refuses to spend the money to get the project completed on time and would rather draaagg out the construction process to save a few bucks.
The project is more than likely on schedule and will be completed on time. It is not "late" if they decided early on that the completion date would be a year or two after everything else.

However as time goes on I feel like they aren't really aiming to get the mermaid shops open any earlier than the rest of the structure. Progress there has been slow lately, compared to how it was going a while ago.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The project is more than likely on schedule and will be completed on time. It is not "late" if they decided early on that the completion date would be a year or two after everything else.

However as time goes on I feel like they aren't really aiming to get the mermaid shops open any earlier than the rest of the structure. Progress there has been slow lately, compared to how it was going a while ago.

Someone in another thread mentioned that they peeked through some cracks in the construction walls and saw that there is till a lot of work that needs to be completed on the inside of those shops. I could still see them opening before everything else but the window between them opening and the rest of the ride is getting smaller.

muteki

Someone in another thread mentioned that they peeked through some cracks in the construction walls and saw that there is till a lot of work that needs to be completed on the inside of those shops. I could still see them opening before everything else but the window between them opening and the rest of the ride is getting smaller.
And looking at the latest photos the building on the left's exterior is still incomplete. Roofwork looks done, but still a good bit of work still seems to done to me both on the outside and as you say, the inside.

This could all change very quickly but the past few weeks I have seen little change with those buildings.

Animaniac93-98

I doubt Disney will want to drag out the cost of building the shops beyond this fiscal year. Besides, the sooner they're done, the sooner they can start generating revenue. I'm still betting they'll be done by September 30.

phi2134

From the conceptual art it seems like there will be a lot of "grass " on the mountain as well as throughout the ride as well, can anyone confirm this or does anyone know what the filler landscaping will be like?

A1st

From the conceptual art it seems like there will be a lot of "grass " on the mountain as well as throughout the ride as well, can anyone confirm this or does anyone know what the filler landscaping will be like?

Even though I have no facts behind this, I would assume that it would be the same or similar to the grass that's on top of the little mermaid attraction

Attachments

• 100_4629.jpg
    100_4629.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 88

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom