Mine Ride Construction Update

phi2134

If this ride gets the amount of people I think it will when it opens, then the queue is going to be circling the ride layout. I have seen the color coded pictures other people have done to show where things will be, but the queue space still seems small to me for this ride.

Sped2424

If this ride gets the amount of people I think it will when it opens, then the queue is going to be circling the ride layout. I have seen the color coded pictures other people have done to show where things will be, but the queue space still seems small to me for this ride.

I think half of the que also goes inside too remember this photo of concept art!
They want to do an interactive element with gem digging!
mine-train-construction-2013.jpg

phi2134

I think half of the que also goes inside too remember this photo of concept art!
They want to do an interactive element with gem digging!
mine-train-construction-2013.jpg
Pretty cool looking, never saw this before. I'm guessing its going to be similar to voyage of the little mermaid queue in terms of detail

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I know I'm going to be attacked on this but.

Wouldn't this be similar to Radiator Springs Racers' scope?

I mean, both rides have a dark ride portion ending with a family thrill.

I'll give it a shot...The ride is only 26 seconds long, has inferior AAs, just a regular bridge (no log) and is only for kids. It will probably have a maximum height of 48".;)

Even if it's every bit as enjoyable as RSR you'll never get a lot of people to admit it. It was branded a kiddie coaster from before the shovels hit dirt.

Turtle

I'll give it a shot...The ride is only 26 seconds long, has inferior AAs, just a regular bridge (no log) and is only for kids. It will probably have a maximum height of 48".;)

Even if it's every bit as enjoyable as RSR you'll never get a lot of people to admit it. It was branded a kiddie coaster from before the shovels hit dirt.
Wait? 26 seconds long?! I take that statement back

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Wait? 26 seconds long?! I take that statement back

Just an exaggeration. It'll be longer than that.

I am not in the "kiddie ride" camp, but I am also not going to delude myself into believing that this is going to be anywhere near RSR.

I'm probably in the same camp as you. I don't think it will be on par with RSR but I also think it could be better than many are making it out to be.

doctornick

I'm probably in the same camp as you. I don't think it will be on par with RSR but I also think it could be better than many are making it out to be.

I still think that the Matterhorn is a good comp -- it's pretty mild for a coaster and even had a fairly low height restriction before recently putting in new cars. And the ride time is a little over 2 minutes, which should be fairly comparable to the 7DMT. The 7DMT should have more in the way of decor/show scenes and will have the swaying effect, but the Matterhorn is probably faster.

And the thing is, the Matterhorn is beloved. Some of that is nostalgia, of course, but it would be easy to write it off as a "kiddie coaster" with pretty lame show scenes is one wanted to be critical. (Not me, I enjoy the Matterhorn, I'm just saying you could characterize it that way....)

Pixiedustmaker

I think 7DMT will have a queue around it's perimeter. I'm guessing they'll go counter-clockwise when looking at an aerial view, so as to avoid the bridge area if at all possible.

The "S" curves are really going to make the swaying motion pronounced on some part of the track. I would figure that Disney has patented it, but it is so novel that I think a lot of people will come just to have that experience.

Imagine going on BTMRR, or the Matterhorn, in a ride vehicle that also sways side to side . . . I think it would up the thrill factor another degree.

I think that if 7DMT had something like 8 show scenes, telling the story of Snow White, with all the thrills, it would be as popular as Splash, if not the most popular attraction in the park. As is, I think it will still be pretty popular, it has a thrill you can't get on BTMRR, Space, or really another other coaster. People are used to going at high speeds in a car, even accelerating/de-accelerating, in a forwards/backwards direction, but adding on the sideways motion, and I'm guess it will feel like you're going to fly out of the mine car, way better than just a "goat trick."

Sped2424

I don't thi k this is part of the queue but rather a waiting area for people who can't go on the ride

Naw its next to the other images that display the actual que, besides most people in wheelchairs can ride all of the roller coasters and Disney doesn't really build areas for people who don't wanna ride the ride. And if it was a play area Disney would have mentioned that long ago.

Captain Neo

Naw its next to the other images that display the actual que, besides most people in wheelchairs can ride all of the roller coasters and Disney doesn't really build areas for people who don't wanna ride the ride. And if it was a play area Disney would have mentioned that long ago.

I didn't just mean people in wheelchairs it could be for kids too small to ride as well. If you notice in the art it shows a mom or older girl managing some little kids.

Also since you did bring up people in wheelchairs the Nemo Submarine Voyage in Disneyland actually has a seperate themed room for them. So it's not unprecedented.

Sped2424

I didn't just mean people in wheelchairs it could be for kids too small to ride as well. If you notice in the art it shows a mom or older girl managing some little kids.

Also since you did bring up people in wheelchairs the Nemo Submarine Voyage in Disneyland actually has a seperate themed room for them. So it's not unprecedented.

this ride is intended to be a family coaster meaning most kids should be able to ride with the exception of toddlers and infants. Also if you look at the image there definitely seems to be fencing around the part where the little girl is that continues to where the child in the wheel chair is, something definitely reminiscent of a Que or line. Besides this ride by all means should be accessible to those in wheelchairs (depending on the disability) so a separately themed room doesn't make sense.
tumblr_mq7rj9KHpQ1rb3d4bo1_400.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
this ride is intended to be a family coaster meaning most kids should be able to ride with the exception of toddlers and infants. Also if you look at the image there definitely seems to be fencing around the part where the little girl is that continues to where the child in the wheel chair is, something definitely reminiscent of a Que or line. Besides this ride by all means should be accessible to those in wheelchairs (depending on the disability) so a separately themed room doesn't make sense.
tumblr_mq7rj9KHpQ1rb3d4bo1_400.jpg

I think this is part of the interactive queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom