Mine Ride Construction Update

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sorry, not going to read through 56 pages - any speculation on an opening date?

Soft openings 11/16/13 right after I arrive:););):)

Seriously, its coming along, but there seems to be a lot to go. I would expect them to shoot for spring break. Easter is 4/20 so it would make sense to at least soft open by the first week in April. Pure speculation on my part, but seems logical to me anyway.

Pixiedustmaker

Sorry, not going to read through 56 pages - any speculation on an opening date?

Rockwork completion: Mid-September
Snow White gift shop/queue completion: Mid-October
Indoor show scenes completion: Early October, testing animatronic begins late October
Horticulture/outside completed: Late October
Testing: Early November to Late December.
Soft Opening: Late December to January.

The track has already been put in place, and work is continuing on the inside of the attraction.

My Guess, 7DMT Soft Opening December 20th, 2013, as a conservative estimate. Could have soft openings sooner.

cslafferty

Thanks for the info. When we were there last Dec. I was sure it would be open by this year's Dec trip (Dec 6-11), but looks like we'll just miss it. :(

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Rockwork completion: Mid-September
Snow White gift shop/queue completion: Mid-October
Indoor show scenes completion: Early October, testing animatronic begins late October
Horticulture/outside completed: Late October
Testing: Early November to Late December.
Soft Opening: Late December to January.

The track has already been put in place, and work is continuing on the inside of the attraction.

My Guess, 7DMT Soft Opening December 20th, 2013, as a conservative estimate. Could have soft openings sooner.

I am pessimistic, I would add 3 months to all of these dates.

muteki

Just my guesstimate, nothing official. Could open earlier, they were doing some of the work on the third shift.

Rockwork seems a bit more off to me. While we have certainly seen more added lately it still seems like they have so far to go. And the painting on the back took quite a while too. They could pick up the pace at any point though, and could be doing interior work in the mean time.

Pixiedustmaker

Rockwork seems a bit more off to me. While we have certainly seen more added lately it still seems like they have so far to go. And the painting on the back took quite a while too. They could pick up the pace at any point though, and could be doing interior work in the mean time.

I think they started on the back because they'll be able to open the "Eric's Village" part well before the 7DMT opens, and this gave them time to finish installing the track.

Now they're working on the east and west sides of the mountain, probably to give time for the crew to pour any remaining foundation for the queue area. The queue will be partially integrated with the rockwork, so they want a head start on any building construction here as well. This will probably be the last area to be worked on, as far as rockwork goes.

You're right that my dates might be off a bit for the rockwork, but it'll get done by November at the lastest, IMO. the big issue is the queue, Mid-October is a little ambitious, but could still get done around that time frame, IMO.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think they started on the back because they'll be able to open the "Eric's Village" part well before the 7DMT opens, and this gave them time to finish installing the track.

Now they're working on the east and west sides of the mountain, probably to give time for the crew to pour any remaining foundation for the queue area. The queue will be partially integrated with the rockwork, so they want a head start on any building construction here as well. This will probably be the last area to be worked on, as far as rockwork goes.

You're right that my dates might be off a bit for the rockwork, but it'll get done by November at the lastest, IMO. the big issue is the queue, Mid-October is a little ambitious, but could still get done around that time frame, IMO.

The queue area is also one of the only places they have left to stage material and equipment.

Pixiedustmaker

The queue area is also one of the only places they have left to stage material and equipment.

That's a really good point. I'm thinking that some of the area between the southern construction wall and the queue building will be the bucolic landscaping seen in the concept art, so after heavy construction is finished, all they'll have to do is add walkways, water features, bridges, so even when constructing the queue, they'll have room to stack stuff. They probably start around 5 a.m. getting supplies moved to this storage area, so that its done before the guests get there.

Maybe it'll look like this Thomas Kincaid:

Snow-White-and-the-Seven-Dwarfs-Snow-White-Discovers-the-Cottage.jpg

It will be interesting to see if the entrance is just a plain mine entrance:

Dwarf_coaster-over_1600.jpg

Of if there is some sort of wood structure providing some shelter over an outdoor portion:

Seven_Dwarfs_Mine_Train_concept.jpg

cslafferty

I would think they would be shooting to have it all up and running when the hoards of people come for the holidays, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that we get in for a soft opening in early Dec. We can only afford one Disney trip a year, and we were thinking that we would go west to DLR for our 2014 trip, so if we miss out this year, it'll be 2015 before we get to ride it! :(

lunchbox1175

I'm pretty sure they have said all along that it won't open until 2014, so I highly doubt there would be anything going on with it in December.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I would think they would be shooting to have it all up and running when the hoards of people come for the holidays, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that we get in for a soft opening in early Dec. We can only afford one Disney trip a year, and we were thinking that we would go west to DLR for our 2014 trip, so if we miss out this year, it'll be 2015 before we get to ride it! :(

Recently, Disney has been consistently saying "Spring 2014".

Pixiedustmaker

Here's a fun idea: Everybody put down a specific date when they think 7DMT will have soft openings.

Be fun to see who gets the closest.

Pixiedustmaker: December 20th 2013.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom