Mine Ride Construction Update

Mawg

It's definitely not opening in Spring of 2013.

There is no way to put a halt to the swinging cars unless the entire track it torn out and re-done. The shape of the track is designed for the swaying motion and wouldn't work for a normal coaster vehicle.

My bad, I'm still stuck in 2012. I meant Spring of 2014 and would not at all be surprised if it was 2015.

tl77

It is not "very complex." The mountain is a small steel structure. The coaster track is all prefabricated offsite. None of this is anywhere yet near a point where it is difficult or unusual for the crews involved.

Disney's Califnornia Adventure, Antartica: Empire of the Penguin and Transformers: The Ride 3-D. 'Nuff said.

I think you still need to "get it." The construction teams are going to get it done when Disney wants it done. This is not some big puzzle like you keep trying to claim where they're doing the best they can and will be done as soon as possible. It has all been planned from the beginning, from before the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster was back in the project. If the Fantasyland project had stayed as announced we'd be discussing the Toon Town Fair replacement and its 2014 opening. The Fantasyland project was always intended to open in phases from 2012 - 2014.

The way you explain it, no i don't get it.

Sorry I don't have time to explain it again, but you need to look at the situation under which the Mine Train is being built, they have a small area that they are working in, plus the fact that the mine train is basically like a giant jigsaw puzzle, each piece is custom made and assembled by hand, this is the reason why it is going so slowly. It's a different set of circumstances that the projects at DCA and Universal

lazyboy97o

Sorry I don't have time to explain it again, but you need to look at the situation under which the Mine Train is being built, that they have a small area that they are working in, which is why it is going so slowly. It's a different set of circumstances that the projects at DCA and Universal
And what you repeatedly fail to understand is that small constructions sites are nothing new and or unusual. Neither are steel roller coasters. What part of Fantasyland always being scheduled to open in phases, before the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was added back into the project, do you really not get? It's just that simple. Something was always going to open last in 2014.

tl77

And what you repeatedly fail to understand is that small constructions sites are nothing new and or unusual. Neither are steel roller coasters. What part of Fantasyland always being scheduled to open in phases, before the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was added back into the project, do you really not get? It's just that simple. Something was always going to open last in 2014.

all the pices of the Mine Train need to be put in place by a crane, they only have room inside the small constrution site for 1 crane, so they can only do one thing at a time, and this is the reason it will take until 2014

lazyboy97o

all the pices of the Mine Train need to be put in place by a crane, they only have room inside the small constrution site for 1 crane, so they can only do one thing at a time, and this is the reason it will take until 2014
You still have it backwards. Why would Pixie Hollow have opened in 2014? It was at the edge of the park.

ctxak98

You still have it backwards. Why would Pixie Hollow have opened in 2014? It was at the edge of the park.
Yes, correct. Disney could have really pushed and made it all open at the same time, But its not what they wanted! They wanted to spread it out to seem like they were doing more to the park then they really are! The tight space and each piece stuff is just there excuses to seem like they are doing their best to the publics eye. There is no way it should take ONE attractions just as long to build ONE theme park....AKA EPCOT!

lazyboy97o

The tight space and each piece stuff is just there excuses to seem like they are doing their best to the publics eye.
I don't even think it is really even Disney's excuse. I don't recall seeing any mention of difficulty in regards with the attraction, just that it will open when it opens. The excuses seem to come more from Disney fans who just cannot accept that Disney decided to spread Fantasyland out from 2012 - 2014.

ctxak98

I don't even think it is really even Disney's excuse. I don't recall seeing any mention of difficulty in regards with the attraction, just that it will open when it opens. The excuses seem to come more from Disney fans who just cannot accept that Disney decided to spread Fantasyland out from 2012 - 2014.
Not excuse that wasn't the right word. Its more of a thing they had difficulty starting and had to scale to the ride back. I remember that part. The ride didn't start on time because of the Ride system testing I believe!

NormC

I believe they started on time. They used the site where the coaster is being built for staging of construction equipment and supplies for the rest of the FLE.

lazyboy97o

Not excuse that wasn't the right word. Its more of a thing they had difficulty starting and had to scale to the ride back. I remember that part. The ride didn't start on time because of the Ride system testing I believe!
I believe they started on time. They used the site where the coaster is being built for staging of construction equipment and supplies for the rest of the FLE.
The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train also started later because it was not in the original announcement. As approved by Jay Rasulo, the site was going to contain Cinderella's Chateau and Aurora's Cottage.

ctxak98

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train also started later because it was not in the original announcement. As approved by Jay Rasulo, the site was going to contain Cinderella's Chateau and Aurora's Cottage.
Yup I knew that, But I am still sure they started (not by much) but sometime later then expected!

Jake Wilson

Yes, correct. Disney could have really pushed and made it all open at the same time, But its not what they wanted! They wanted to spread it out to seem like they were doing more to the park then they really are! The tight space and each piece stuff is just there excuses to seem like they are doing their best to the publics eye. There is no way it should take ONE attractions just as long to build ONE theme park....AKA EPCOT!

Thanks for the back up!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

I would disagree with that statement. In one of Scott Keating's aerials from last October after the walls around the site were in place you can clearly see two cranes on site and there is easily room for more if they wanted to.

http://pix.aerog.com/Disney/fantasy...54288_MJnQVZ#!i=2143265246&k=4J38Gwr&lb=1&s=A

Sped2424

how about we shift focus to getting more pics of the construction and updates instead of bickering on why its not done.
I didn't take pics but I was there on sunday the back part of the mountain has taken a deeper shade of brown and tritons treasures and the building next to it are looking much more finalized wouldn't be shocked at them opening in june.

tl77

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom