Mine Ride Construction Update

HTF

Yes. Spring 2014 I believe is the actual projected opening.

Q2 2014 is the window

Im not so sure we can say that yet lets so how it is when it opens! I have high hopes for this one.

I know many here are hoping the same thing, but I just have this "feeling" many will be secretly disappointed and claim it to be the best 7 seconds of dark ride ever created on a coaster made for 9 and under. And that's not aimed at you in any way it's just I want to see Disney CHALLENGE themselves rather than the budget is all. It's a very simple albeit pretty attraction.

Sped2424

Q2 2014 is the window

I know many here are hoping the same thing, but I just have this "feeling" many will be secretly disappointed and claim it to be the best 7 seconds of dark ride ever created on a coaster made for 9 and under. And that's not aimed at you in any way it's just I want to see Disney CHALLENGE themselves rather than the budget is all. It's a very simple albeit pretty attraction.
Now this is how to correctly disagree with someone on this forum ^ (Too many people who start off with you are wrong shut up, I don't have to like it I hate you or worse sarcasm and cynicism) But I completely see your point I know all too well that TDO is way to budget crazy and its a shame, because if you spend more on big projects that are done well you will reap bigger rewards, carsland is living testament for that.

HTF

Now this is how to correctly disagree with someone on this forum ^ (Too many people who start off with you are wrong shut up, I don't have to like it I hate you or worse sarcasm and cynicism) But I completely see your point I know all too well that TDO is way to budget crazy and its a shame, because if you spend more on big projects that are done well you will reap bigger rewards, carsland is living testament for that.

I wish the pixie pals around here had a chance to visit Carsland so they can see what WDI is capable of when given a challenge, and a ridiculous budget lol. Pictures just simply dont do it justice. The week before New Fantasyland started softs I was in Carsland. To go from that to this is the equivalent to getting punched in the stomach by Mike Tyson, total TDO gut check. It's one reason why I'm so hard on New Fantasyland.

Sped2424

I wish the pixie pals around here had a chance to visit Carsland so they can see what WDI is capable of when given a challenge, and a ridiculous budget lol. Pictures just simply dont do it justice. The week before New Fantasyland started softs I was in Carsland. To go from that to this is the equivalent to getting punched in the stomach by Mike Tyson, total TDO gut check. It's one reason why I'm so hard on New Fantasyland.
I agree I think that it was just hyped a little too out of proportion I mean by all means it really is a beautiful addition but you walk through it in ten minutes and then you just kinda say, well now what hopefully the 7dmt can help fix that I feel like seeing the mountain from a distance could be really beautiful.

ToTBellHop

I agree I think that it was just hyped a little too out of proportion I mean by all means it really is a beautiful addition but you walk through it in ten minutes and then you just kinda say, well now what hopefully the 7dmt can help fix that I feel like seeing the mountain from a distance could be really beautiful.
I'm not sure you'll be able to see it from much of a distance. It's the shortest of the MK mountains. Come to think of it, is Disney intending to view this as the 4th Magic Kingdom Mountain?

In Disney's defense, Carsland and FLE were developed with entirely different intentions. FLE is extra space for bodies already in the park. Carsland was meant to bring new bodies into a failing park. The MK is not failing from a numbers perspective. It needed (needs) capacity.

tl77

Exactly. There's also a construction timetable. In other words, you can't do C before you do B, before you do A. So I'm sure there's probably a couple of reasons that construction is proceeding at the pace it is... Keep in mind too that we can't see everything that's going on. "Slow" might just be our perception and/or impatience.

Whatever they're building, I'm sure it'll be pretty cool - if the rest of New Fantasyland is ANY indication.

Plus it's not exactly simple job. It's a brand new ride system with the swinging cars that have to be figured out and tested. It travels through a themed mountain, the back half of the which relates to a completely separate attraction, all of that needs to be built. It has animatronics inside so I'm sure they'll double check all that so they another "yeti" type situation, and it's all being done in a fairly small confided area surrounded on all sides by the public, which they've never had to do before. It's a rather complicated thing to try and pull off I'm not surprised it isn't getting done over night

Jake Wilson

Plus it's not exactly simple job. It's a brand new ride system with the swinging cars that have to be figured out and tested. It travels through a themed mountain, the back half of the which relates to a completely separate attraction, all of that needs to be built. It has animatronics inside so I'm sure they'll double check all that so they another "yeti" type situation, and it's all being done in a fairly small confided area surrounded on all sides by the public, which they've never had to do before. It's a rather complicated thing to try and pull off I'm not surprised it isn't getting done over night

This is still a VERY LONG build for what we are used too? It is not Splash Mountain or any Mountain in my personal oppinion....

lazyboy97o

It is not a brand new ride system. The car design is new, and even then Arrow Dynamics did suspending swinging cars back in the 1980s. If the swing of the cars has not been figured out already then it is too late as that is a factor highly dependent on the track design. Adjusting the cars themselves would require the track to be installed, as would ensuring that there are no intrusions into the ride envelope. The animatronics are nowhere near anything like the yeti in their complexity. They're simple figures probably closer to an animated figure than an animatronic. Nothing about the construction of this project is overly complicated and the most complicated aspect, the cars, need everything done before they become a factor.

tl77

It is not a brand new ride system. The car design is new, and even then Arrow Dynamics did suspending swinging cars back in the 1980s. If the swing of the cars has not been figured out already then it is too late as that is a factor highly dependent on the track design. Adjusting the cars themselves would require the track to be installed, as would ensuring that there are no intrusions into the ride envelope. The animatronics are nowhere near anything like the yeti in their complexity. They're simple figures probably closer to an animated figure than an animatronic. Nothing about the construction of this project is overly complicated and the most complicated aspect, the cars, need everything done before they become a factor.

if it's so simple then build you own in you back yard see how long it takes you

Jake Wilson

They are on schedule. It is not any longer than planned.

For the new Disney build it is not any longer than planned.... Disney back in the good ole day was able to produce a high thrill, amazing back drop, quality ride in half of the time... Just saying...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom