Mine Ride Construction Update

Dawn2001

I have been reading quite a few posts and haven't come across anything that addresses a question I have.
I travel to a Disney Park every couple of years or so. Most recently I was at DL in 2011. I rode the The Little Mermaid ride, and had a blast.
Now this year I will be going to DW. I will absolutely ride The Little Mermaid ride again, (being a redheaded girl from the 80's Ariel is my favorite princess). But I am wondering why doesn't Disney build one ride in one park and a different ride first in another. In other words, why didn't they build the 7DMT first and then The Little Mermaid ride. Is it a technology/logistics issue or was one conceptualized first and had a head start? Thanks for any info.! :)

neoshinok

I have been reading quite a few posts and haven't come across anything that addresses a question I have.
I travel to a Disney Park every couple of years or so. Most recently I was at DL in 2011. I rode the The Little Mermaid ride, and had a blast.
Now this year I will be going to DW. I will absolutely ride The Little Mermaid ride again, (being a redheaded girl from the 80's Ariel is my favorite princess). But I am wondering why doesn't Disney build one ride in one park and a different ride first in another. In other words, why didn't they build the 7DMT first and then The Little Mermaid ride. Is it a technology/logistics issue or was one conceptualized first and had a head start? Thanks for any info.! :)

Bolded is correct. The new coaster area was originally supposed to be an elaborate princess meet and greet area.:eek:

Jake Wilson

I guess the good news is that the track pieces are showing up.... Maybe they can get the track asembled and start testing the ride while the hill is being finished? ;)

BoarderPhreak

I have high hopes for 7DMT. This is supposed to lean more towards BTMR than say, Barnstormer right?

I guess the good news is that the track pieces are showing up.... Maybe they can get the track asembled and start testing the ride while the hill is being finished? ;)
I seriously doubt it - for hopefully obvious reasons. ;)

ToTBellHop

From what I've seen the theming all around will be top notch and a worthy centerpiece for New Fantasyland. Just don't expect much of a ride experience is all.
That could describe The Little Mermaid, as well.

Remember when Disney could build fantastic queues AND fantastic rides in Florida. Then comes WDW in 2013 where the focus only seems to be on what guests will get to look at when they wait for rides and not on what the actual ride will entail. Perhaps their logic is that we spend significantly more time in the queues than on the rides??? sigh...

tl77

I think it's better that they take the time to build something iconic that will last forever, then slap together something that will get torn down in 10 - 20 years.

It's not as intense as BTMR which is more for adults, and it's not a kiddie coaster like Barnstormer. I get the feeling they're aiming for something the whole family can come back and enjoy generation after generation

Sped2424

From what I've seen the theming all around will be top notch and a worthy centerpiece for New Fantasyland. Just don't expect much of a ride experience is all.
Im not so sure we can say that yet lets so how it is when it opens! I have high hopes for this one.

BoarderPhreak

The slow pace of construction has absolutely nothing to do with being meticulous.

Budgets do however....

Exactly. There's also a construction timetable. In other words, you can't do C before you do B, before you do A. So I'm sure there's probably a couple of reasons that construction is proceeding at the pace it is... Keep in mind too that we can't see everything that's going on. "Slow" might just be our perception and/or impatience.

Whatever they're building, I'm sure it'll be pretty cool - if the rest of New Fantasyland is ANY indication.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom