Mine Ride Construction Update

dstrawn9889

lordy, let the guys sync up the video, audio and the motion capture... MMe Leota didn't fly the first time this was used in the mansion... it took time to get everything in sync. likely this was the first day of live programming, everything needs tweaking when it is installed.

kap91

So where are all the insiders that were adamant that the claims of super awesome aa's were false? That if Disney was planning anything at all special they would have hyped the heck out of it? I say they should have kept it quiet even longer and just sit back and watch the first reports roll in.

Indeed the description of being an amazing blend of animation and animatronics seems right.I'll have to wait to see in person but this looks like the definition of projection being used right.

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

but you only need a100's for key characters in an extended show area.... Lincoln, WWotW, Pirate Auctioneer, Father in CoP... these characters are in view for a long time, and need compliance and the range of motion to tell the story. Dopey does not need so much, but all the animatronics with this new projection face have to have compliance built in, as well as the link back to the projector so that the face doesnt walk off of the projection space

Mawg

Those are sure nicer than expected and not cardboard cutouts. Looks like some people knew what they were talking about even it they did get completely out of line when attacked by some that could just not believe their precious insiders might not have all the information. Looks like this ride will be a great ride, not too much people can complain about now, maybe length. And I hope people get over that this is not a thrill ride. But this ride meets and surpasses all my expectations.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I would agree.

The figures look good, and they work well with this application for use on an animation based attraction. Best ever though? Not even close.
I will agree with that.
Much better than expected though I'll give them. The combination of movement and projection here is much better than I had thought they would put into what will amount to a small part of the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom