Mine Ride Construction Update

Soarin' Over Pgh

Anyone have new photos?

And has anyone been able to confirm the 'chicken wire' netting stuff on expedition Everest? Someone else mentioned it but I haven't been able to figure out where it was/is.

Sped2424

Anyone have new photos?

And has anyone been able to confirm the 'chicken wire' netting stuff on expedition Everest? Someone else mentioned it but I haven't been able to figure out where it was/is.
Chicken wire really isn't bad in person at all, I had to focus to see it and I probably wouldn't have noticed had no one mentioned it on here. The whole mountain looks beautiful right now its lush with flowers and a lot of the trees are now thriving and green.

Scuttle

Chicken wire really isn't bad in person at all, I had to focus to see it and I probably wouldn't have noticed had no one mentioned it on here. The whole mountain looks beautiful right now its lush with flowers and a lot of the trees are now thriving and green.
I couldn't disagree more. I thought it looked terrible.

Scuttle

The rest of the mountain does look fantastic though you are right. And I don't think the plan is to let the foliage grow in because if it does the guests won't be able to see anything.

Sped2424

I couldn't disagree more. I thought it looked terrible.
Terrible? Naw It really didn't catch my eye, I suppose it could be brown or at least make it look like it belongs in the universe of the seven dwarfs, then again by that logic the mulch shouldn't really be there either!

Scuttle

Terrible? Naw It really didn't catch my eye, I suppose it could be brown or at least make it look like it belongs in the universe of the seven dwarfs, then again by that logic the mulch shouldn't really be there either!
I guess I just think something else could have been done instead. I guess this is why you don't build a coaster in the middle of a theme park on what is essentially an island.

csm

The snow white aa wasn't what the guy was claiming, he was saying that the aa's within the mountain themselves were better than ursula, and then he later said he never saw all of them working. His story kept changing.

What's going to happen if the infamous poster was correct?

Part of me is sad I missed the apparent outbursts earlier, while part of me is glad to avoid even more internet drama.

...the part of me that *does* know what the dwarf animatronics are going to be on the other hand...

What's being done with them is completely different than what was done with Urusla. Whether or not you call that better or worse comes down to a matter of personal preference -but given a *lot* of rides are slated to get plussed in this manner in the somewhat near future lends support to the fact that internally, WDI is pretty excited about it. Similar technology has been used, but not to the extent of which it is being used on the dwarfs.

So, call me the bearer of good news (or bad news if you wanted who ever the nimrod from earlier was to be wrong entirely), but you might be pleasantly surprised. This is WDWMagic though, so you can't leave everyone happy. I believe that's in the rules somewhere. So here it is - the Dwarf effect isn't even due to be installed prior to spring break - so for all of you "OMGz WHEN IS SOFT OPENINGz" folks out there... Hi. Don't sit outside the wall every day hoping it might open soon.

Sped2424

What's going to happen if the infamous poster was correct?

Part of me is sad I missed the apparent outbursts earlier, while part of me is glad to avoid even more internet drama.

...the part of me that *does* know what the dwarf animatronics are going to be on the other hand...

What's being done with them is completely different than what was done with Urusla. Whether or not you call that better or worse comes down to a matter of personal preference -but given a *lot* of rides are slated to get plussed in this manner in the somewhat near future lends support to the fact that internally, WDI is pretty excited about it. Similar technology has been used, but not to the extent of which it is being used on the dwarfs.

So, call me the bearer of good news (or bad news if you wanted who ever the nimrod from earlier was to be wrong entirely), but you might be pleasantly surprised. This is WDWMagic though, so you can't leave everyone happy. I believe that's in the rules somewhere. So here it is - the Dwarf effect isn't even due to be installed prior to spring break - so for all of you "OMGz WHEN IS SOFT OPENINGz" folks out there... Hi. Don't sit outside the wall every day hoping it might open soon.
The poster was using the animals not the dwarves for his reasoning, I think he was outed by many on here pretty quick. Safe to say he was a guesser at best.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ehh, I actually gave the guy the benefit of the doubt but it was fun while it lasted.

You weren't the only one, I did to at the beginning, but when we started getting really defensive when people were calling him out I knew something wasn't right. When you actually have insider info, especially information that will be easily verified shortly, there is no reason to become defensive when people doubt you.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You weren't the only one, I did to at the beginning, but when we started getting really defensive when people were calling him out I knew something wasn't right. When you actually have insider info, especially information that will be easily verified shortly, there is no reason to become defensive when people doubt you.

I think he SERIOUSLY underestimated the knowledge of people here on WDWMagic. He must have felt completely overwhelmed and then realized that he had gotten himself in WAAAAAYYY over his head. He picked the wrong website to bring all that flim-flam to. (I love when she says that in Saving Mr. Banks).

It didnt take long to poke holes in his story. The folks on this site are like The Bad News Bears. We fight and disagree a lot but when we come together we are a force to be reckoned with.

doctornick

I wonder if they are using the "mapping" projection on the faces of the dwarves? They could be medium movement animatronics with projected faces.

In the most recent Disney Files (the DVC newsletter), they have an article about the 7DMT called 'Drawn' Together and with the tagline "Animators, Imagineers, creating next-generation Audio Animatronics Characters". The article states "Emboldened by the challenge, the team dreamed up a groundbreaking new design that would blend hand-drawn, computer and Audio-Animatronics animation, and then partnered with Walt Disney Animation Studios to help materialize their vision".

Also, Imagineer Dave Bosset is quoted as saying in regards to the 7DMT: "This is a complete integration of animation media into a dimensional figure, and it's like nothing you've seen" and "When you look at the Dwarfs in the attraction, you won't know what you are looking at. They're just alive, and it's jaw-dropping".

I'm curious as to how the final product ends up. The insiders on here don't seem to have been impressed by what they have heard about the ride. I'm cautiously hoping (but not convinced at all) that there is some impressive show scenes that we will be experiencing on the ride that have been kept a tight secret. In particular, I find it interesting that the cottage scene at the end of the ride has been very tightly guarded, so I think that is the best bet for a real visually impressive and immersive scene that would make the ride.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the most recent Disney Files (the DVC newsletter), they have an article about the 7DMT called 'Drawn' Together and with the tagline "Animators, Imagineers, creating next-generation Audio Animatronics Characters". The article states "Emboldened by the challenge, the team dreamed up a groundbreaking new design that would blend hand-drawn, computer and Audio-Animatronics animation, and then partnered with Walt Disney Animation Studios to help materialize their vision".

Also, Imagineer Dave Bosset is quoted as saying in regards to the 7DMT: "This is a complete integration of animation media into a dimensional figure, and it's like nothing you've seen" and "When you look at the Dwarfs in the attraction, you won't know what you are looking at. They're just alive, and it's jaw-dropping".

I'm curious as to how the final product ends up. The insiders on here don't seem to have been impressed by what they have heard about the ride. I'm cautiously hoping (but not convinced at all) that there is some impressive show scenes that we will be experiencing on the ride that have been kept a tight secret. In particular, I find it interesting that the cottage scene at the end of the ride has been very tightly guarded, so I think that is the best bet for a real visually impressive and immersive scene that would make the ride.

Sounds to me like they are going to use a projection effect to create the faces. It's possible the insiders (the real ones) didn't know about the effect, and only knew about the physical characters themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom