Mine Ride Construction Update

articos

The yellow sections of track and the markings on the track are a normal part of testing pre-opening. There are all sorts of wear and pressure points where the wheels meet the track that affect the wear, lifetime of parts and ride of a coaster, and part of the process is minimizing those points. Although you can engineer it ahead of time, you never really know what is going to happen until you cycle the cars over and over again in the environment. Then you can adjust wheel composition and hardness to compensate to get the ride you're looking for with the expected lifetime of the parts you're looking for. Dropping into that curve is one of the spots where you'll get more G-force against the track, and it has the additional component of water right there which can affect things too. Special attention is being paid in that area to make sure everything is just right before handing the attraction over.

Last edited:

Sped2424

The mountain looks larger now that they have added way more trees near the entrance to the queue. Really transforms the area.

brihow

Ya this will be the rug that "tied the room together" no question. The real fantasyland reviews are about to begin.

I agree to an extent. I've only heard praise about the look and theming of new fantasyland, but I think the issues are coming from the attraction(s) themselves, i.e. Mermaid's lackluster interior rooms, 7DMT being less of a thrill than most were hoping for. I personally don't have an issue with the attractions, just seems to be the general consensus here.

estam

Is that an actuator? Or just a sensor?

It hadn't occurred to me that they might lock the swinging of the cars on the lifthills and then release them again, but I guess it makes sense. Minimizes the random stresses on the lifthill chains and motors from rocking cars.

But on that drop I would've thought a release would've been farther up the drop.

-Rob
he was very sure it had to be a actuator as they use contact free sensors these days ( induction or photo electric)
that's why he ask if somebody had a more clear picture of it.
( mentioned a possible failsafe as a possebility for its use)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
im trying to understand why people ever thought 7DMT was anything more than a family/kiddie coaster.... it will serve its purpose in NFL and be a very good attraction....

I don't think many people did think that. Somehow it became "common knowledge" here that all these pixie dusters were expecting so much more and were going to be disappointed.

Tom

Beta Return
im trying to understand why people ever thought 7DMT was anything more than a family/kiddie coaster.... it will serve its purpose in NFL and be a very good attraction....

Exactly correct. Anyone who thought it would be more than this was daydreaming. It's exactly what it needed to be.

Tom

Beta Return
I agree to an extent. I've only heard praise about the look and theming of new fantasyland, but I think the issues are coming from the attraction(s) themselves, i.e. Mermaid's lackluster interior rooms, 7DMT being less of a thrill than most were hoping for. I personally don't have an issue with the attractions, just seems to be the general consensus here.

We spent a lot of time this past week standing along the new rock wall where the construction walls came down. Both my wife and I were overwhelmed with the immersive theming that has unveiled in NFL.

Completely ignoring what's INSIDE all the new buildings, there's no arguing that the exteriors look fantastic. When you walk through that area, you're in another world. It really does look great.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
he was very sure it had to be a actuator as they use contact free sensors these days ( induction or photo electric)
that's why he ask if somebody had a more clear picture of it.
( mentioned a possible failsafe as a possebility for its use)

Are you referring to this? It does look like some sort of actuator.

IMG_20140304_182840_262.jpg

twebber55

it might be less of 'thought' and more of 'wanted'
i agree but I don't know what more people would want for a ride in fantasy land which is a little kids area....again this ride isn't for me but it sure is for my 11 yr old daughter....heck I d rather ride gringotts in june and not 7DMT but again this isn't about me
JMO

Jabbas

i agree but I don't know what more people would want for a ride in fantasy land which is a little kids area....again this ride isn't for me but it sure is for my 11 yr old daughter....heck I d rather ride gringotts in june and not 7DMT but again this isn't about me
JMO

This is what I've been saying all along. Adults are not disneys target audience. Yes we are the ones with the wallets, but most people on this forum are going to bring their kids regardless no matter how disappointed they are with the rides.

Jabbas

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."- Walt Disney.
Lmao. I am just stating the truth. I am big little kid like everyone here. I love Disney. But their target audience is children. Especially fantasyland. Period.

Stupido

Any decent marketer knows you can't just target children. No matter how much you might please a child, at the end of the day no 6 year old is working 40 hours a week to afford a Walt Disney Vacation. Yes, making children happy is a good move. But you must also target those who fund the trip. Mom's with kids is one of the biggest demographics in all marketing cases. So Disney definitely includes parents in their target audience.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Let's hope;)
It's also not in the middle of Fantasyland.
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."- Walt Disney.
The MK and Fantasyland in particular is geared towards children. That is a fact. It's not that they are marketing the park only to children, but families with kids is the largest demographic they are looking to target. Of course they welcome adults without kids or groups of teenagers or anyone willing to shell out $99 to get in. The Walt quotes about adults are some times taken out of context. Walt wanted a place where parents and children could enjoy rides together. He wasn't marketing to just adults. I think a family friendly coaster with a low height restriction that the whole family can enjoy together fits the mold of Walt's vision.

Jabbas

I don't get what the big issue is here. It's called "fantasyland". I don't think Peter Pan, Cinderella, etc are real. Kids do. It's called fantasy. If Fantasy land is targeted towards adults, why aren't they're more adult like places there? Seriously. I am not trying to argue but pointing out that a place called fantasyland is targeted to adults is quite laughable. Enjoy the coaster for what it is and relax. If you want adult rides hit up Universal or Busch Gardens. Stop putting Disney down for doing what they are supposed to be doing .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom