Mine Ride Construction Update

brihow

At magic kingdom now, lots of activity on the mine train. Grass is being installed, rock work being touched up, but specifically a lot of imagineers and workers are marking the track.

Got some good pics and will post them later.

Super exciting! Can't wait to see the pics - I feel like the exterior of 7DMT has looked the same for the past couple weeks (still great) but I'm dying for the scaffolding and walls to come down!

Soarin' Over Pgh

I vote for IASW moving to EPCOT. Then- Tangled, ride where IASW used to be. The bathrooms can't be there as a coincidence can they????? I know it will never happen, but I can dream.

...You know, I actually like this idea! A lot!

At magic kingdom now, lots of activity on the mine train. Grass is being installed, rock work being touched up, but specifically a lot of imagineers and workers are marking the track.

Got some good pics and will post them later.

Interesting. I wonder what they are marking the track for? Going to check out the update from DM now.

estam

Love to see some photo's of the new markings, would like to show them to my colleague.
He did notice at a few older photo's that they where mostly near connection points.
At the drop near the waterfall the masse of the vehicles shifts so looking at these points is important.
So some new pictures please :)

Tom

Beta Return
IMG_20140304_182840_262.jpg
IMG_20140304_183019_227.jpg

estam

Looks more like a sleeve as it rotating. Thanks for the photo's by the way.
Will be back soon on this

Edit: try to zoom in and you see the wheels shift there pressure point on the track.
The second photo isn't sharp enough but you can see darker spots where the wheels run.
That is what they like to avoid.

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

i would expect it to be like how you test for clearances. you cannot visualize how the wheels interact with the surface, as they are moving too fast, so you put a thin paint coat, and see if the wheels run through it or are not touching at that position.

estam

A question from my colleague, is there somebody with a sharper picture of the actuator ( white arm/lever)???
He thinks that it's something for the swinging of the cars (brake release)

Scuttle

I vote for IASW moving to EPCOT. Then- Tangled, ride where IASW used to be. The bathrooms can't be there as a coincidence can they????? I know it will never happen, but I can dream.

Sorry, back on topic.

This ride is really looking great. Excited to see it done, construction walls down, and the land filled with trees and water features. I really think it will be quite the view.

Maybe demolish the odyssey and make IAS the entrance to the countries. Hey you said we're dreaming right?

Rob562

A question from my colleague, is there somebody with a sharper picture of the actuator ( white arm/lever)???
He thinks that it's something for the swinging of the cars (brake release)

Is that an actuator? Or just a sensor?

It hadn't occurred to me that they might lock the swinging of the cars on the lifthills and then release them again, but I guess it makes sense. Minimizes the random stresses on the lifthill chains and motors from rocking cars.

But on that drop I would've thought a release would've been farther up the drop.

-Rob

doctornick

Maybe demolish the odyssey and make IAS the entrance to the countries. Hey you said we're dreaming right?

Conceptually cool, but I think that location would not house the show building very effectively. But it's a good thought.

I've pictured IASW going on the west side of the WS, which desperately needs a ride. Ideally, I'd love to see it next to the International Gateway, welcoming you to the park from that entrance -- maybe with an entrance between the UK and the gate with the showbuilding neat the World Showplace events building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom