Mine Ride Construction Update

flyerjab

So, we are in the Contemporary, club level, watching the fireworks as I type this. Always wondered what the allure was about this resort and now I know. Incredible experience all together.

Anyway, we walked all around the 7DMT site today. I would post some pictures but I haven't figured out how to do that yet, so I will summarize what I saw today. I saw construction workers on the main lift hill. There had to have been seven or eight workers all grouped around the same spot looking at something and they were there for some time.

As we walked around the site, there were also a good number of workers at the cottage. Again, I just couldn't make out what they were doing but there certainly was a lot of activity in the mine site today. Makes you wonder how much is also going on inside where we can't see. :)

The roofs of the queue are still missing quite a number of shingles. There are also patches where the grass on the hill still has not been filled in. They seemed to have been making great progress on that particular aesthetic but have stopped concentrating on it for some reason.

All in all, the overall progress on the exterior is not much farther than some of the other recent pictures I have seen so I won't bother trying to figure out how to post mine (I'll save that project for later). I will say though that what has been completed looks really, really fantastic. Once completed, this part of the park will be beautiful, especially later in Spring when the leaves on the trees fill in.

Over and out for now...

Rob562

Perhaps there are major flaws in the track so they are going to have to tare it all out and start over meaning the ride won't open for a couple more years so they will probably give up on it entirely and just leave it to be the rotting shell of another abandon attraction...:(

Or I could be over re-acting.... :)

Well, Cedar Point had to have a short section of track on their Maverick coaster re-designed and fabricated before it opened in 2007 because the forces on the passengers in that track element exceeded what had been calculated in the computers. I don't know how long it took them to realize the problem and get the track fabricated, but it only opened 2 weeks later than planned. (I know, because I was visiting the park for my first time ever the weekend *before* it finally opened...)

-Rob

Lee

Adventurer
Just speculation, but maybe the back of the house will be cut away so you can see inside, or you will just see the scene through the windows and doors. This area is still one of the remaining mysteries about the Mine Ride.
Not really a mystery.
Based on the original plans, you will see inside through windows.
(Not sure if there is glass. Probably not.)

Fox&Hound

Does anyone know if there has been discussion of a meet and greet with snow white or any of the dwarves near this attraction? I know the cottage is a show scene and not a M&G, but it seems like the walkways around the attraction are quite large and a character spot could nestle right up to this attraction and not be in the way. Nothing elaborate. But how cool would it be to meet a dwarf and get your picture with him? They could change out which dwarf it is randomly so you are not sure who you will see. Just curious....

Weather_Lady

Does anyone know if there has been discussion of a meet and greet with snow white or any of the dwarves near this attraction? I know the cottage is a show scene and not a M&G, but it seems like the walkways around the attraction are quite large and a character spot could nestle right up to this attraction and not be in the way. Nothing elaborate. But how cool would it be to meet a dwarf and get your picture with him? They could change out which dwarf it is randomly so you are not sure who you will see. Just curious....

It would be lovely to have such a thing. (Plus, then they could replace some of Snow White's appearances at Princess Fairytale Hall with other "visiting princesses" that we don't see in the MK, like Mulan or Anna/Elsa...)

Soarin' Over Pgh

I wonder if they'll continue the aesthetic upgrades to other parts of FL (like, say, the AWFUL facade of IASW), so it doesn't look like you're walking through a cheap carnival/renaissance fair that was thrown together overnight? It's like night and day between the 2 sections of the park and would be a relatively cheap do.

I'm hoping so. I asked this earlier in the week and I don't think I got a response. Peter Pan's Flight, iasw (for sure!) could really use a facelift. They look SO CHEAP compared to the 'new' parts of the park.

Bocabear

God I hope not...there are enough M&Gs already...I can certainly enjoy the It's A Small World without meeting the international dolls afterwards...

Bocabear

Yeah, but M&G's are great for everyone. Either you love them and don't mind waiting in line, or you hate them, and get to make fun of the dummies wasting their time waiting in line.

Everyone in line for a M&G is one less person in line for a ride.
That assumes they don't continue to remove attractions in order to build the M&Gs....

dstrawn9889

i think a razing of DQ and revamp to move M&G's there, make it a one-way trail floor to floor one after another... and charge 'em a day at the parks.

Fox&Hound

I'm hoping so. I asked this earlier in the week and I don't think I got a response. Peter Pan's Flight, iasw (for sure!) could really use a facelift. They look SO CHEAP compared to the 'new' parts of the park.

I vote for IASW moving to EPCOT. Then- Tangled, ride where IASW used to be. The bathrooms can't be there as a coincidence can they????? I know it will never happen, but I can dream.

Sorry, back on topic.

This ride is really looking great. Excited to see it done, construction walls down, and the land filled with trees and water features. I really think it will be quite the view.

estam

Just a remark on the yellow painted points on the track.
A colleague who have worked at Vekoma ( a dutch track builder) is remarking that they are looking for damage marks from the wheels as this can be bad for both the live time of the wheels and/or track.
This is why you can see it at times on top of the track or at the sides.
These tests can take weeks as they may need to change harder or softer compound on the wheels.
Changing can also make the ride go faster or even slower if they think that is better.
Quite interesting stuff

Last edited:

Rose&Crowner

Yeah, but rides are great for everyone. Either you love them and don't mind waiting in line, or you hate them, and get to make fun of the dummies wasting their time waiting in line.

Everyone in line for a ride is one less person in line for a M&G.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom