Mine Ride Construction Update

NormC

Those who pretend or jump on a bandwagon maybe.

I'm talking about those who've known this ride for the last year. The "minority" as you put it.
Agreed. Those that can read blueprints and have actually seen the ride have been quite fair for the most part. I was just there in Feb and what I saw was very well done. As far as thrill level I will have to wait until I ride it to judge that. The bandwagon people are those to whom I am referring. The ones that just want to pile on the negativity for the arguments sake.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

Disney needs to get this thing open so this thread can be put out of it's misery. The same arguments that people have been having for 3 years keep going round and round. It gets tiring and quite frankly at this point we know where everyone stands.

It'll be a fine addition, nothing fancy. It'll look nice and let down those who were expecting something they were never going to get. But really at this point, there's nothing left but for the damn thing to open.

djkidkaz

Disney needs to get this thing open so this thread can be put out of it's misery. The same arguments that people have been having for 3 years keep going round and round. It gets tiring and quite frankly at this point we know where everyone stands.

It'll be a fine addition, nothing fancy. It'll look nice and let down those who were expecting something they were never going to get. But really at this point, there's nothing left but for the damn thing to open.

This.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

People are still arguing about Mermaid and it's been open for over a year. The ride opening won't stop the arguments.

tdpolo26

The excitement level for this ride is definitely noticeable. I saw so many people looking through the peep holes and others taking pictures all around the site. If WDW was smart, they would be playing the music from the actual movie of the dwarves singing and whistling. I think the people would get a kick out if that.

adding to that they should have one of the dwarves do a walk through of the area like a inspection when the guests are watching how funny would that be... couldn't they make a sleepy animatronic out of a garbage bag a blower set on 10 sec intervals and if he goes 101 they can replace him with a imaginer who is sleeping...

Soarin' Over Pgh

tumblr_m8vw4jY1wV1rqpx0x.gif

smhurlb

Gosh, it sure seems a little much to get worked up one way or another about this. I mean, the ride has not even opened yet and people have such strong feeling about whether its any good or not. If you've ridden on it, then I think a person's opinion carries some weight, as a reviewer. At this point, I don't think many forum members have ridden... :) Why can't it just be fun to see pics and videos of the attraction as we wait for it to open? I'm looking forward to being there with my kids and family in May. Lots of struggles in this life - WDW is a fun escape for me and mine. I hope its not a source of angst for too many here...

Scuttle

Gosh, it sure seems a little much to get worked up one way or another about this. I mean, the ride has not even opened yet and people have such strong feeling about whether its any good or not. If you've ridden on it, then I think a person's opinion carries some weight, as a reviewer. At this point, I don't think many forum members have ridden... :) Why can't it just be fun to see pics and videos of the attraction as we wait for it to open? I'm looking forward to being there with my kids and family in May. Lots of struggles in this life - WDW is a fun escape for me and mine. I hope its not a source of angst for too many here...
We're just fans getting anxious, but bottom line is we are fans and as much as Disney is an escape for you(it is me as well), it's long overdue for some new stuff.

I will say though the parade looks bada$$. I'll be watching my first daytime parade in 5 years next week.

And it is fun to post pics and stay updated on it. Expect me to post pictures from next week.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

You obviously haven't read some of the Avatar threads, this by comparison is nothing!

Soarin' Over Pgh

We're just fans getting anxious, but bottom line is we are fans and as much as Disney is an escape for you(it is me as well), it's long overdue for some new stuff.

I will say though the parade looks bada$$. I'll be watching my first daytime parade in 5 years next week.

And it is fun to post pics and stay updated on it. Expect me to post pictures from next week.

Can I go with you? :)

I watched it last night- its beautiful. I hate to fanboi, err.... fangirl over a parade, but ... there really hasn't been much to fawn over lately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom