Mine Ride Construction Update

alissafalco

tumblr_n0t0ik5eRa1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Seems like they are expanding the concrete area in the hub, this is where the benches used to be on the way to Adventure land. Now it looks like they want to make that area into a solid square, my guess is another fastpass + reserved fireworks/parade area.
tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Scuttle was off. Hopefully they are giving his beak tlc

Water effects seem to be on and full in the m
tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo2_1280.jpg
ine train area, maybe now they can remove that ugly fake scrim over by the be our guest bridge as these areas of water connect to each other.
tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo5_1280.jpg
tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo7_1280.jpg
Thanks so much for the pic updates! It's looking good!

JLipnick

I dont know if you are trolling or being honest hahahaha but we do not actually have a contract with them as of now so IDK....it does not look like it yet unless the bidding for this has yet to begin.
Honest appreciation. I can't wait to check it out myself in June, but until then, i rely on the fine folks on this forum for pics and info.

flyerjab

Thanks so much for the pic updates! It's looking good!

It's funny, but seeing this thread, and also the thread about the FOF Parade, it is ashame that WDW does not build with the expediency that UNI does. I just think it would have been infinitely better to have opened NFL all at once instead of piecemeal over 4 years. If this project could have been built in 2 years, and coupled with the opening of the FOF Parade, that would have been phenomenal.

Still, it is what is. And I truly cannot wait for this coaster to open. I think the entrance and animatronics are going to be amazing.

HokieDevil

Competition is always good for the consumer, so lets hope that Universal continues to build up, putting pressure on Disney to do the same. I think opening up all of NFL at that same time would have been good too, but Disney f-ed up and last minute had to scrap the over femininzation of NFL and allow for it to be more marketable to boys. I'm sure this put a change on construction schedule. I also don't think it helped having the portion of the project that would open last in the center of the entire project

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
That's all I've seen so far, but I guarantee there are many people on their way there now to investigate. I'm sure we will have many more pictures by this afternoon.

Based on the aerial picture from the 9th, it looks like that was the only area that was ready to have the walls come down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom