Mine Ride Construction Update

orky8

Based on the aerial picture from the 9th, it looks like that was the only area that was ready to have the walls come down.

Probably. The area in front of the mountain, where the queue is can't possibly be ready. There's not much left to do on the storybook circus side either, but I suspect walls are still up over there.

WDWYankee15

From twitter - more here http://twitpic.com/dv6z72

838454555.jpg

838454489.jpg

838454277.jpg

838454403.jpg

838453934.jpg
Is the scrim down under the bridge and water moving freely underneath?

phi2134

Looks like on the ground they are going to go with a lot of fern coverage around track. I kind of like that to make it look more foresty and it definitely has the look of the movie.

Steve1005

I was pretty excited to see running water from the falls last week, but I'm not gonna lie, pretty bummed out that two days after I leave the walls came down. I would have loved to see it without fighting to peek over those things.

kap91

Looks great! So happy they're down. Though I was really hoping (unrealistically) that there would be some Disneyland style large trees going in that tower over the sidewalks providing shade and a forest feel.

alissafalco

Is just the angles or are the coaster tracks that close to the wall and guests?

Seems like it's just a "sitting on the wall and falls backwards' moment away from someone getting killed or some or mean-spirited guest from tossing something into a passing train.
They do look like they are that close to guests. I could see teenagers trying to high five their friends as they whip past. It definitely is VERY dangerous, UNLESS it just looks that way from the pics, and hopefully in person its not that close.

tl77

They look like spikes to me, but have been there for at least a week now. Nonetheless, it does seem like the fake grass should be going up soon.

I remember it took quite a few weeks to do the grass on the Mermaid building, and there's like 3 times as much on the Mine Train, but is was the last thing the finished on Mermaid before it opened

Soarin' Over Pgh

Is just the angles or are the coaster tracks that close to the wall and guests?

Seems like it's just a "sitting on the wall and falls backwards' moment away from someone getting killed or some or mean-spirited guest from tossing something into a passing train.

That's what I thought too... hopefully it's not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom