Mickey's PhilharMagic coming to DCA this April

Phroobar

Well, this makes me sad to see the Yell & Howl projector is now gone as the time I was there during the Nutcracker preview everything was just behind curtains....But we can basically see that Donald crashes into the area where the Swedish Chef once was..
muppet-vision-3d-gallery03.jpg

Which makes me sadder thought to wonder what they had done with Statler, Waldorf & Bean AA's in the Balconies?
Dca_muppet_theater.jpg
They've probably been turned into droids at GE.

Just like Lincoln.

PizzaPlanet

This whole situation is ridiculous. Philharmagic and Muppet Vision are two of the best 3D/4D theater shows ever created, but sticking one show into a theater that's purpose built for another with little changes is lazy and kind of awkward. It would be like if they brought Muppet Vison to the MK but with no animatronics, and the screens on the side blacked out.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I watched it this weekend. Never having seen the WDW version, I must say I like the show for what it was (even if its a lesser version than WDW). And I feel most DLR visitors will feel the same way. The whole audience I was in clapped at the end.

Not everyone has the ability to visit multiple Disney Parks around the world. Those that can should consider themselves lucky. For the rest that can't they enjoy what is available to them.

TP2000

I'm not sure how they move the entrance to the Award Weiners dining area??? Seems like a wild guess from a neckbeard blogger to me.

It would be nice if they were fixing that sad dining dungeon that is there now. It's the perfect example of Paul Pressler's DCA 1.0; industrial, cheap, charmless. It's been this way for 18 years and counting, and no one in TDA seems to care. I doubt most TDA executives even know this dining area exists.

Look how IMMERSED those customers are as they eat their $10 hot dogs!
hollywoodwishlist_wienerseating2015ww.jpg

In related news, as we've been talking about how uncrowded the parks are this week, the App shows that Philharmagic is a complete walk-on with no wait time other than the normal show cycle.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Will be interesting to see if it being accessed from the main strip has an effect on show attendance.

I think just having a marquee up there will help but they should probably keep both entrances. Parents with strollers will have to park them inside the Hollywood backlot anyway.

mickEblu

I'm not sure how they move the entrance to the Award Weiners dining area??? Seems like a wild guess from a neckbeard blogger to me.

It would be nice if they were fixing that sad dining dungeon there. It's the perfect example of Paul Pressler's DCA 1.0; industrial, cheap, charmless.

Look how IMMERSED those customers are as they eat their $10 hot dogs!
hollywoodwishlist_wienerseating2015ww.jpg

In related news, as we've been talking about how uncrowded the parks are this week, the App shows that Philharmagic is a complete walk-on with no wait time other than the normal show cycle.

I can confirm. I saw it yesterday for the first time. I enjoyed parts of it, particularly the Peter Pan and Aladdin segments but overall was a bit underwhelmed. I’d love to be able to compare to the complete show in Florida.
And people do seem to be enjoying those dogs. On a pretty empty day that area was full with people chowing down on them. Has anyone tried one? I think I had one years ago but can’t remember if it was any good.

TP2000

I can confirm. I saw it yesterday for the first time. I enjoyed parts of it, particularly the Peter Pan and Aladdin segments but overall was a bit underwhelmed. I’d love to be able to compare to the complete show in Florida.

Don't bother with the Florida version, it's poorly maintained and blurry and staffed with CM's who.... um.... work at WDW.

Instead, go to the Tokyo version which is perfectly maintained, plussed up from the cheaper Florida version, graciously operated by top notch CM's, and super impressive to experience. Aim high! See the superior Tokyo version! :D

mickEblu

Don't bother with the Florida version, it's poorly maintained and blurry and staffed with CM's who.... um.... work at WDW.

Instead, go to the Tokyo version which is perfectly maintained, plussed up from the cheaper Florida version, and super impressive to experience. Aim high! See the superior Tokyo version! :D

Id love too. Although, if I make my way out there I’d imagine Mickeys Philharmagic would be pretty low on my priority list.

TP2000

Id love too. Although, if I make my way out there I’d imagine Mickeys Philharmagic would be pretty low on my priority list.

Well, true. But if you go to Japan you have to do at least one day at Tokyo Disneyland, if not a 3 day park hopper. I'm sure you could squeeze Philharmagic in towards the end of the day.

But the point is that they have really, really dumbed down and cheaped out this Philharmagic attraction to squeeze it into DCA in a last minute panic for this summer's Star Wars Land crowds (that have yet to show up). Seeing the DCA Philharmagic is better than a stick in the eye, or better than sitting for 15 minutes in Award Weiner's ugly dining dungeon.

But to think that this attraction is currently operating in a far superior facility and format in Tokyo is kind of sad.

It's like those poor children in Appalachia who grow up in poverty thinking the WDW version of Pirates of the Caribbean is all that ride can be. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom