Mickey's PhilharMagic coming to DCA this April

fravit

This is clearly just a temporary space awaiting the wrecking ball once the proposed Marvel themed area begins construction.

I don't think anything north of Mission Breakout is getting the Marvel treatment any time soon, or ever. Especially if the phase 2 indoor coaster south of the tower happens. But I think it's going to be a very long time before the back lot area gets any kind of significant changes. Buckle in, Hollywood is DCA's Tomorrowland now.

brb1006

Yikes. They've really ruined the whole point of this otherwise predictable 3D movie; it's amazing theater that changes and morphs magically.

Since I was in Tokyo last year, and am making a return visit in 2020 after the Olympics are over, I'm going to skip this one at DCA.

Seriously, how much of a panic do you have to be in to approve spending money on this? It's not a good sign for this summer. 🧐
Yikes I agree, the queue for the DCA version of Philarmagic makes the WDW and Tokyo version look better.

brb1006

Not surprised at all to hear the DCA version is a quickie overlay.
Folks will still go and see it though, so TDA is probably satisfied in just the fact it will remove some bodies from the walkways.

Yes, it's disappointing...but we all expected this considering the short time span slotted for it's installation-to-opening.

Would have been nice if there was a little 'surprise' addition, but let's be honest -
This is clearly just a temporary space awaiting the wrecking ball once the proposed Marvel themed area begins construction.
No way that today's Disney was going to 'waste' money on this.

-
Plus it appears DCA opened the show with little fanfare compared to the other versions besides this photo.
Mickeys-PhilharMagic-DCA-FP.jpg

WDW was giving the show a lot of advertisement between 2004 through 2005.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

Disney really needs to cover that wall with the exit dooor in the lobby. It’s quite plain and doesn’t match with the rest of the lobby with it’s red wall paper.

Phroobar

Not surprised at all to hear the DCA version is a quickie overlay.
Folks will still go and see it though, so TDA is probably satisfied in just the fact it will remove some bodies from the walkways.

Yes, it's disappointing...but we all expected this considering the short time span slotted for it's installation-to-opening.

Would have been nice if there was a little 'surprise' addition, but let's be honest -
No way that today's Disney was going to 'waste' money on this.

-
Ten years later... They finally replace Mickey's Philimagic with a revival of Muppetvision Encore but keep Donald's butt that hasn't moved in nine years.

brb1006

Duck butt curtains are inoperable already, per Twitter.
Finally found a photo of Donald Duck from the DCA version.
D5F2UcpU8AYxP0Q.jpg

That moment looked more amazing when it was in the dark and made Donald Duck look easily visible as seen in the other versions of the show.

In video form (Skip to 10:01 when it happens)

Seeing the effect with the lights on in the DCA version ruins the moment since it's bright and Donald doesn't move. Plus the curtains go out to early making some guests miss the moment.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, this makes me sad to see the Yell & Howl projector is now gone as the time I was there during the Nutcracker preview everything was just behind curtains....But we can basically see that Donald crashes into the area where the Swedish Chef once was..
muppet-vision-3d-gallery03.jpg

Which makes me sadder thought to wonder what they had done with Statler, Waldorf & Bean AA's in the Balconies?
Dca_muppet_theater.jpg

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Well, this makes me sad to see the Yell & Howl projector is now gone as the time I was there during the Nutcracker preview everything was just behind curtains....But we can basically see that Donald crashes into the area where the Swedish Chef once was..
muppet-vision-3d-gallery03.jpg

Which makes me sadder thought to wonder what they had done with Statler, Waldorf & Bean AA's in the Balconies?
Dca_muppet_theater.jpg

Disheartening. All that wonderful Muppet theming striped for a brick wall and a dodgy fiberglass figure from the old Disney store

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom