Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade with Pics

bgraham34

Great Photos. Thanks so much. I really enjoyed them. I was just setting up my Christmas lights outside, so right now i am in the spirit.

Night_Aaron

A few notes...

1) Clarabelle's float was originally Goofy's in 2005. It has never belonged to Chip and Dale. Goofy' candy float from the 2005 Halloween parade was redecorated and added to the Christmas parade in 2006.

Well not to be a know-it-all but this isn't right. The Baker float did belong to Chip and Dale before it belonged to Goofy. Goofy's Candy float got here for Halloween of 2006 and was redecorated for Christmas that year. Take my word for it.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
While I love that Jasmine was on horseback for the Pirates and Princess parties, I always felt sorry for her. One she rode side saddle; two, the horse didn't always behave.

Aw come on guys. You have to balance out getting a new parade with losing some of your favorites. Half of the people will be commenting on an old parade that needs reworking while the other half comments on the fact that they are missing their old favorites.

I've never seen the other parades, so this one was great for me. The most magical were the "ice" skaters on Main St. Talk about skill....!

:lol: That sums up life on these boards, doesn't it?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that Castle Float used during the parade for the 25th anni? I feel like I see it used in more than one parade but always think I've seen it for that parade specifically, or was there one similar to it?

Captain Hank

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that Castle Float used during the parade for the 25th anni? I feel like I see it used in more than one parade but always think I've seen it for that parade specifically, or was there one similar to it?
That poor float has been used in almost every parade since the 15th anniversary, with exceptions being Mickey Mania, Surprise Celebration and the first version of Share a Dream Come True. It was a featured float in Remember the Magic, the 25th anniverary parade.

disney9752

:ROFLOL: yes this float has been around for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, i have pictures of it from 86 when it was in the 15th anniversary parade.:eek:

SGT623

TOY SOLDIERS!!!

220017978-M.jpg

The exciting conclusion to follow.

What kind of camera are you using? Awesome pics.

LoriMistress

Thanks everyone for posting pictures and links for the videos. The parade, castle show, castle light show, etc. were all beautiful. I cannot wait to be there! 24 more days. I cannot wait to read reviews of MVMCP. :xmas:

TheDisneyGirl02

25 more days! I can't wait! It's my first holiday trip to WDW and I'm so excited! It's also my first trip with my DBF!!!!!! :) :sohappy:

Great pictures!!!!

Joevn

The Castle Float and its many incarnations:

CastleFloat.jpg

tecowdw

The Castle Float and its many incarnations:

CastleFloat.jpg

Gawrsh....can we retire that poor float yet? Disney is doing alot of "reimagineering" of floats these days it seems. Can everyone say "cost cutting"? Seems the new Christmas parade is "reimagineered" alot too.
:lol:

Gorjus

Gawrsh....can we retire that poor float yet? Disney is doing alot of "reimagineering" of floats these days it seems. Can everyone say "cost cutting"? Seems the new Christmas parade is "reimagineered" alot too.

Come on! It is a great float. One, it holds all the pals. Two, if necessary, it holds all the pals and 3 princesses with their princes. You can't retire a float that holds that many characters.:D

Joevn

Heh heh. I think of it as like seeing an old friend. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom