Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade with Pics

mousefan1972

Thank you so much for posting the pics! I tried not to open the thread, since we'll be there for Christmas and I didn't want to ruin the surprise. But, I couldn't! (no willpower, I fully admit it) :lookaroun Anyway, the parade looks great and the Castle lights are amazing. Can't wait to see them in person. :xmas:

Mickey's very Merry Christmas Parade has been retired (because, well, it's essentially the same parade - can you imagine them re-decorating the floats each day to fit which parade its supposed to be?)

I dont understand...i just paid $80 for MVMCP so what did i pay for? is this parade exclusive for those who paid to see it? Its my first time to the world during the holidays...im assuming Spectromagic doesnt run?:confused::confused:

Gorjus

I dont understand...i just paid $80 for MVMCP so what did i pay for? is this parade exclusive for those who paid to see it? Its my first time to the world during the holidays...im assuming Spectromagic doesnt run?:confused::confused:

The Christmas Parade will be seen exclusively at the Hard Ticket Christmas parties until the week before Christmas or so. Then the parade will also be seen by day guests as well as the 3 and sometimes 12:30 PM parade. When you pay for a party, you get a lot of things you wouldn't get during a regular day at MK. You get lower crowds. You get characters in different costumes. You get snow. You get a special parade. You get a discount on photos. You get snacks for free. You get special fireworks in addition to Wishes. Relax and enjoy.

Kat25

Questions about Christmas at Disney

Yeah, I'm a little confused about that too. Are both parades going to run but just on different dates or has Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade been retired?

Thanks OP for the pics, you really made my day! I can't wait to see it in person in a few weeks!

We will be going to WDW in 2 weeks. This is our first time during the holidays. How do we see the Christmas parade? Do you have to have tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? Or does it replace the afternoon or evening parade? What about the Christmas version of Wishes? Is this only for those attending the "Party?" I would appreciate any info you can give!!!

WDWKat26

Okay guys here's answers to a lot of your questions:

1. The Kids on Main St. were there for filming.

2. There is NO more Showboat this year, it has been retired.

3. The music is different with every unit, but there is a same underlying track. The tracks are different with every unit. Some are upbeat, some are slower. You can hear it, "It's that very special time, and the magic that you'll find, on that Once Upon A Christmastime" etc. etc.

4. This parade was at 2 a.m. and it was a Cast Only Preview. The first party is tomorrow night and that's when it'll officially be introduced to the public.

5. Most of you are saying that they re-used the floats. Well, no offense, but duh! They did the same thing for the day parade when it transitioned into the Disney Dreams Come True Parade. But, there are new units (Ex. Skating Carolers, Clarabelle and Horace, etc.) and the music is of course new.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Well there are definitely a lot of new little details. And no more Splash Mountain float... which I always enjoyed. No more green army men, either. I'm not incredibly well-versed on this parade having only seen it a few times, but you can definitely tell everything looks shiny and new... if not BRAND new, then redressed and refurbed.

There are a lot of missing pics of the in-between float dancers... sorry!

Great pictures and info Rain, thanks!

I was sad to hear about the green army men band not being in this parade....I thought they were great...then again I have a soft spot for all bands.

GoofyMom2

Thanks for posting those great pictures!

Really gets me in the Holiday spirit!

Just wish I could see it in person this year.....last year was just so beautiful.....

Happy Holidays! :xmas:

JeffH

No more horses?

One of the most magical parts of the Christmas parade was seeing the Princesses on horseback, and the mini-horse drawn carriage...I hope they are not gone now?

We will be attending our 1st of 3 2007 MVMCP this Friday...

tirian

A few notes...

1) Clarabelle's float was originally Goofy's in 2005. It has never belonged to Chip and Dale. Goofy' candy float from the 2005 Halloween parade was redecorated and added to the Christmas parade in 2006.

2) Scrooge's float is the old Mrs. Claus' gingerbread house with a new paint job.

3) Everyone misses the Song of the South unit. :(

But the new music is nice! :D

rainfully

Original Poster
Great pictures and info Rain, thanks!

I was sad to hear about the green army men band not being in this parade....I thought they were great...then again I have a soft spot for all bands.

Me too. :( Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess that means the parade is down two bands now, with the green army men and the showboat/splash mountain float both gone (they had a Dixieland-ish type band if I remember). The only live instruments I can remember were the Toy Soldiers and the glockenspiels. Or was there another one I don't remember? Kat?

And yes, the parade is also down a few horses. Donald & Daisy are pulled by horse(s) (I mentioned that in the review that my camera had an issue as they went by) big Clydesdales... as well as Cinderella also has her mini horses. The other princesses are on the Castle float, with the exception of Snow in her Gazebo. And speaking of the Castle float, didn't that used to have a band in the past as well?? Yeesh. But I'm going to miss the "Holly and the Ivy" with the princesses with the horses... it always seemed so regal I guess...

KeithVH

A few notes...

1) Clarabelle's float was originally Goofy's in 2005. It has never belonged to Chip and Dale. Goofy' candy float from the 2005 Halloween parade was redecorated and added to the Christmas parade in 2006.

<SNIP>

Are you sure? I coulda swore a few years ago Chip & Dale were up there baking. ~2003 or so?

Anyway. What about the dancing reindeer and the dancing snowman couples? The snow people used to come right in front of the skater girls. My wife loves the snowmen. And the marching clown band? All gone?

WDWKat26

I'm almost 100% sure too that Chip and Dale were on the baking float back in 2003. Rainfully you are correct, there are only 2 bands now. Toy Soldiers and Glock girls. Princesses ride on the Castle Float except for Snow White and her Prince. They are dancing in the Gazebo float.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom