Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade with Pics

WDWKat26

Are you sure? I coulda swore a few years ago Chip & Dale were up there baking. ~2003 or so?

Anyway. What about the dancing reindeer and the dancing snowman couples? The snow people used to come right in front of the skater girls. My wife loves the snowmen. And the marching clown band? All gone?

The Snowflakes are still there, as are the Dancing Reindeer. There is a new unit of skating carolers on Rollerblades which is really cool. There's no snowmen or "marching clown band" which I don't remember at all. :confused: The only bands that they had last year were Showboat, Green Army Men, Toy Soliders and Glock Girls.

was at MK yesterday on a last minute visit with some friends from back home ... was pleasantly surprised to see this:
DSCF0421.jpg
I figured they wouldn't do this until after the first MVMCP ...... also had a magical moment as we were watching Wishes ... a guy proposed to his girlfriend during the fireworks ... all of us around them cheered and clapped ... was a pretty good end to a great day ... here's a closer shot of the castle:
DSCF0423.jpg

joanna71985

I would just like to chime in for those of you asking about the riverboat. It is not in this parade and from what i have been told, retired.

Darn it! I really enjoyed that float unit.

Okay guys here's answers to a lot of your questions:

1. The Kids on Main St. were there for filming.

2. There is NO more Showboat this year, it has been retired.

3. The music is different with every unit, but there is a same underlying track. The tracks are different with every unit. Some are upbeat, some are slower. You can hear it, "It's that very special time, and the magic that you'll find, on that Once Upon A Christmastime" etc. etc.

4. This parade was at 2 a.m. and it was a Cast Only Preview. The first party is tomorrow night and that's when it'll officially be introduced to the public.

5. Most of you are saying that they re-used the floats. Well, no offense, but duh! They did the same thing for the day parade when it transitioned into the Disney Dreams Come True Parade. But, there are new units (Ex. Skating Carolers, Clarabelle and Horace, etc.) and the music is of course new.

Thanks for the info Kat.

Gorjus

One of the most magical parts of the Christmas parade was seeing the Princesses on horseback, and the mini-horse drawn carriage...I hope they are not gone now?

While I love that Jasmine was on horseback for the Pirates and Princess parties, I always felt sorry for her. One she rode side saddle; two, the horse didn't always behave.

Anyway. What about the dancing reindeer and the dancing snowman couples? The snow people used to come right in front of the skater girls. My wife loves the snowmen. And the marching clown band? All gone?

Aw come on guys. You have to balance out getting a new parade with losing some of your favorites. Half of the people will be commenting on an old parade that needs reworking while the other half comments on the fact that they are missing their old favorites.

I've never seen the other parades, so this one was great for me. The most magical were the "ice" skaters on Main St. Talk about skill....!

Figment1986

Oh, and the only time that the Christmas Parade will be available during the day is the week of Christmas.

I remember they would show the Christmas parade right after taping the extended version for day guests in its entirety on the first Saturday of the month for the Christmas special rather than the normal parade, its how I usually got to see it.

ADevereaux

This is seriously important to me! :)

PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy are still in the parade!!!

I'm a avid Raggedy collector and I was OVERJOYED to see them last year. :sohappy:

Great pictures and info! I can't wait to see the new parade!

tigsmom

Great job Rain! Its my ambition to make it to WDW for the holiday celebrations, but until then I'll just steal a few of the memories here. :lol:

tnchefbear

Are you sure? I coulda swore a few years ago Chip & Dale were up there baking. ~2003 or so?

in 2003 Chip and Dale were bakers, I have a picture if I could figure out how to post them on here

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom