Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade with Pics

rainfully

Original Poster
Last night they had a preview for CMs! There is lots new in the parade, with some of the old standbys!

They lit the castle up for us:

219947404-M.jpg

Mickey and Minnie float: (they accidentally turned off the Main Street lights at first!!)

219949577-M.jpg

Scrooge and his house: (before Scrooge was Donald and Daisy being pulled in a carriage by horses... but I had a camera issue for that bit... sorry)

219949743-M.jpg

Pooh float seems to be the same:

219949755-M.jpg

The skating girls:

219949830-M.jpg

Chip & Dale's float smelled like pine trees!

219949985-M.jpg

Snow White's new float:

219950094-M.jpg

Cinderella is still pulled by the mini horses:

219950271-M.jpg

There it is again... everyone's favorite...

219950298-M.jpg

Hoop Dancing Elves:

219950529-M.jpg

More comin' up!

Gorjus

New Christmas Parade Review

I saw the Christmas parade last night/this morning. No photos here, but I will provide spoilers. So beware.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
The music was nice. I imagine somewhere around the 20th time seeing the parade, I'll be singing along.

The parade started with a title float, followed by Mickey and Minnie standing on another float. If I remember correctly, they were on two separate tiers.

I'm never going to get the order correct, but I'll just list random floats.

A bunch of characters followed on foot, like Peter & Wendy, Alice, Hatter, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore. Jasmine & Aladdin might have been there. I can't remember. Following that was one of the Halloween floats with Kanga & Roo & a tree.

Donald and Daisy were in a horse drawn carriage. Daisy appeared to have lost her hat along the way. It was on the seat in front of her.

Horace Horsecollar was on the barn float. Clarabelle Cow was on a float that looked like she was in a kitchen cooking.

Chip and Dale were on a float making two snowmen, or rather snow chipmunks. They talked and threw snow up. They had lots of energy.

Snow White and Snow Prince Charming were on the gazebo float dancing.

The crystal/prism float that usually holds the Pals characters during dreams come true parade (3:00 parade) held the couples. The couples just stood with each other and waved. I saw Belle & Beast, Ariel & Eric, Aurora & Philip, and 2 other couples who I can't remember.

Cinderella and Prince Charming were in their coach.

There was a toy float preceeded by a tiny red car. On the toy float were Buzz, Woody, Jesse, and more.

Goofy was on his candy float from Halloween.

Of course Santa Claus was on his sleigh high in the air and Mrs. Claus was on a tier below.

In between the floats is where the performers shined. "Ice" did some elaborate moves on rollerblades...and on Main St where there are railroad tracks to trip you up. There was a group of couples doing ballroom dancing on rollerblades, then there was a group of ladies in white doing their moves. All were wonderful.

The march of the toy soliers was phenomenal. I marveled at the band members who not only had to see through the heads, but play musical instruments as well.

There was a group of gingerbread men, some dancers, elves, dancers moving with guys who held cloth banners in the air the the dancers could move under the cloth. There were the female elves, the dancing reindeer, and I know I'm forgetting a whole lot more.

They lit the castle up about 15 minutes before starting the parade. Can I just say "kids in a candy store" was the reaction of the cast. They had cleared up from the streets, you know, lined up on the sidewalk for the parade. The minute the castle was lit, everyone piled back into the street oohing and ahhing and snapping photos. Eventually they got us all back on the sidewalk again.

The castle lighting, while not static, does not blink and twinkle either, at least while we were there. Some of the effects fade in and out kind of like a fiber optic wreath would. It was beautiful.

The fun part for me was that I was seated across the street from some entertainment cast members who were obviously not in the parade. It was fun to see their faces as they alternately hooped and hollered for their friends, but also looked in awe at some of the performances. It was the experienced critical eye of appreciation. I also saw that they too were examining some of the faces trying to figure out if they knew the person or not.

I thought the parade was long enough to make it seem worth your money (or in our case, worth hanging out at work for 2 more hours til 2AM to see it). But the parade wasn't so long that you were bored.

There were children there last night. Why I don't know since it was a cast preview. Someone speculated that they were there so this could be filmed for a commercial.

Well, that is my parade report. I liked it. I loved the castle lighting.

rainfully

Original Poster
Back of the Castle float:

219950552-M.jpg

Goofy's Candy float:

220015537-M.jpg

Horrace Horsecollar and his sweet house:

220015862-M.jpg

Gingerbread men!

220016268-M.jpg

Clarabelle Cow has a float of her own... and a speaking role!!

220016454-M.jpg

More Clarabelle baking away:

220016520-M.jpg

To start off the Toy section, there was this funny guy in this little car:

220016860-M.jpg

Toy Story float basically the same:

220017474-M.jpg

Guy on a rocking horse:

220017531-M.jpg

TOY SOLDIERS!!!

220017978-M.jpg

The exciting conclusion to follow.

NoVa Mom

OMG!! Those pics are awesome!! Thanks rainfully! The floats look so fresh and pressed! I cant wait til FRIDAY!!! :wave::xmas::kiss:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Actually, come to think of it, i dont think any opf those floats are "new."

The most likely to be "new" is Chip and Dale, and i think it's just the pirate float from MNSSHP/PPP parades redressed.

Joevn

So far, none of the floats seem new, just redecorated. The Chip and Dale float looks like it's the float that used to have a skating rink on it that had Donald and Daisy on it one year and Snow White another year.

rainfully

Original Poster
Toy Soldier mini float:

220019217-M.jpg

Ribbon Dancers:

220018685-M.jpg

I nicknamed these guys the "bedsheet dancers" lol. Their routine was pretty cool.

220018991-M.jpg

More "bedsheet dancers"

220019230-M.jpg

Big presents:

220019560-M.jpg

Glockenspiel girls:

220019666-M.jpg

And... of course... SANTA CLAUS!!! Who now share his float with his wife: (made it big beause I like it so much... hehe)

220019771-L.jpg

rainfully

Original Poster
Well there are definitely a lot of new little details. And no more Splash Mountain float... which I always enjoyed. No more green army men, either. I'm not incredibly well-versed on this parade having only seen it a few times, but you can definitely tell everything looks shiny and new... if not BRAND new, then redressed and refurbed.

There are a lot of missing pics of the in-between float dancers... sorry!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom