Mickey's Not So Scrary Halloween Party

FigmentIN1982

My Wife Son and I are preparing for a Trip to disney in a couple of weeks and while we are there Mickey's not So Scray Halloween is going on and I wanted to see from everyone if it is worth the money to go to this. My son is 15 months and my wife and I who travel to Disney a lot have never been to Disney during Halloween. If you have been and couple help guide that would be great.

bgraham34

Hello Figment, I would say to you it certainly can be worth it. The parade and fireworks alone are a great touch. Not too mention seeing the park decked out in Halloween. The way Main Street Lights up at night is really nice and will add to the magic of your trip. Also the crowds are lighter so you can get on some attractions much quicker as well.

Upvote 0

djpoore94

Definitely worth the money. DH & I went last year and I'm going again this year on my solo trip. The parade and fireworks are awesome (and different from the regulars). There are tons of trick or treat stations (we got lots of candy since the adults get to trick or treat too), all of the characters are in their costumes, plus the atmosphere is great. I love Halloween and this is one of my new favorite things to do at WDW.

Upvote 0

corey154

I've never been before but i'm taking my 15 month old ds and 10 yrd old dd this year. At least he's free so you only have to pay for you and your wife.

I've heard from my co-workers who go every year with their now 3 yr old how great it is!

Upvote 0

KnK

We were thrilled when they started offering it in early September (yes, I know it is early but so what!). My husband loves the fact that he can be a 40 something kid and trick or treat.

The fireworks and parade are great also. Can't wait until we get to go this year on September 15.

Upvote 0

durangojim

It is without a doubt the best hard ticket event at WDW. We've been foruntunate enough to go for the past 5 years and woudn't miss it. Our kids are 4 years old and 17 months and it's a great time for all of us. Have fun!

Upvote 0

mousefan76.8

A friend and I went last year for the first time and we loved it. Many of the more popular attractions you could basically walk on. The dressing up and seeing all of the costumes is great as well. We are actually going again this year. They will let you in the park at 4pm. Have fun!

Upvote 0

SeaBreeze

I went for the first time September of last year as well and absolutely loved it. For a long time I refused to pay for the parties at MK but went to both MNSHHP and MVMCP last year. I did not find MVMCP to be worth the money but I thought MNSSHP definitely was! Like the poster above me said, the attractions were walk on so we covered the entire park easily and did all the extras. I'm not huge on parades or fireworks but I can't say enough good things about Boo to You (parade) and Hallowishes. I would definitely go back just for those!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

If it was just the two of you, then definitely do it as MNSSHP is awesome. Adding a 15mo into the mix is a different story. That will really depend on the child. If they (and you) stay at the hotel and sleep all day, so that they will be able to stay awake for a majority of the party, then it would be a good deal. But if you think your child will crash, cry, or generally not be pleasant to be around while you are at the parks til midnight, then it may not be worth it.
If you feel comfortable leaving your child with a sitter, one of the 3rd party baby sitters may be an option. Have them come for 7-8 hours while you go to the party.

Upvote 0

toystorymaniacs

I forgot to mention we took my youngest when he was 9 months old, he loved. We took it easy that morning, made sure he (and his older brother) got a nap, and then stayed until it closed. He fell asleep in the stroller about 10:30.

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Go for it!!!

My Wife Son and I are preparing for a Trip to disney in a couple of weeks and while we are there Mickey's not So Scray Halloween is going on and I wanted to see from everyone if it is worth the money to go to this. My son is 15 months and my wife and I who travel to Disney a lot have never been to Disney during Halloween. If you have been and couple help guide that would be great.

Please make sure you bring a stroller for the baby so one of you does not have to carry the child at all times. Mickey's Halloween party IS the very best of the two. The fireworks, the excellent parade, and the treats are wonderful. Seeing adults and children all dressed up in costumes is a blast. This is a wonderful event, so go and have fun!! PS an afternoon nap will do wonders for the child and for you sanity during the evening event. :ROFLOL: :sohappy:

Upvote 0
I'll be going to MNSSHP for the first time in October so I hope its as good as everyone says. I watched the parade and fireworks on youtube the other day and was very impressed with what I saw. I'm sure it will be even better in person. About half the adults dress up from what the cast member told me when I booked my trip. Question: if you don't dress up, can you still get candy from the trick-or-treat stations? I wasn't planning to dress up seeing as I have a 4:30 dining reservation at the Sci-Fi Dine In before going to the party, so I really dont want to lug a costume to the Studios or have to go back to the resort to pick it up before heading to the Magic Kingdom, but I still am interested in participating in the treat stations?

Upvote 0

tecowdw

Nope. Over-rated and way over priced event...especially since they encompass so many nights causing the park to close early for day guests.

Just kidding!!!!
:animwink:

It is a great event! It is especially cool the very first time. The Cast Members are usually quite festive during the parties also. I think you will enjoy it.

Upvote 0

Tonphanan

Many of the characters that you don't normally see in the course of a day are available for pictures. I know when i went there was a photo OP with Snow White and all seven dwarfs, not something you see too often. Can be a little scary for kids because of how some of the other adult guest dress, but still lots of fun.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
If it was just the two of you, then definitely do it as MNSSHP is awesome. Adding a 15mo into the mix is a different story. That will really depend on the child. If they (and you) stay at the hotel and sleep all day, so that they will be able to stay awake for a majority of the party, then it would be a good deal. But if you think your child will crash, cry, or generally not be pleasant to be around while you are at the parks til midnight, then it may not be worth it.
If you feel comfortable leaving your child with a sitter, one of the 3rd party baby sitters may be an option. Have them come for 7-8 hours while you go to the party.
Good point, Dreamfinder. Your 15 month old's habits should help determine if this is worth the extra expense for you and your wife. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom