News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

kalel8145

I hope this bodes well for MVMCP. We are trying to make a short trip the week after Thanksgiving. Never been there during the Christmas season. Does anyone know round abouts the MVMCP usually starts?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, I don't know if I'd venture to Orlando in August or September again (way too hot), but...

Not being an APer any more, I'd have to buy a ticket for park entry anyway.

And the cost of a Party Night isn't too much more than the day ticket.

And I'd get 8 hours in the park, which is sometimes all you get in the off-season.

And it's in the cool of the night... mostly.

It doesn't seem that bad.

I'd prefer the AH version for lesser crowding, tho. <shrug>

mikejs78

Premium Member
Well, I don't know if I'd venture to Orlando in August or September again (way too hot), but...

And I'd get 8 hours in the park, which is sometimes all you get in the off-season.

I do wonder if with the increased ticket pricing if it will be as crowded as 2019 levels or if they'll back it off a little bit....

Kevin_W

'member when you could get tickets for like $34? And it actually included all kinds of cool and unique things?

I 'member.
I'm not that old. Our first trip with our daughter was in October 2010 and tickets were $54+tax for adults (she would have been free). We didn't go as that was fairly pricey! (We did go a couple times when she was older.)

DisneyDreamer08

So let’s just say you don’t purchase a day time ticket and use your Halloween ticket to enter at 4pm. Can you still purchase Genie+ and use it from 4-7pm? 🤔

Fido Chuckwagon

Factor in the fact that with a day ticket you also really need Genie+ to get on the rides at MK, but with the Halloween Party, there is no line skip system so everyone is on an equal footing, and the Halloween Party looks even more attractive.

Fido Chuckwagon

So let’s just say you don’t purchase a day time ticket and use your Halloween ticket to enter at 4pm. Can you still purchase Genie+ and use it from 4-7pm? 🤔
I believe the park actually closes at 6 pm to day guests so that seems like it would be a spectacular waste of money. With that said, Disney used to allow you to use FP+ during that 4-6 time period, so they'll likely be willing to sell Genie+ as well.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I'm curious why the first event is priced so high? Is that a seasonal thing but before the old 8/16 dropoff or just because they know there is a lot of demand from vloggers and the people who want to meet vloggers?

I'll add that I really liked Boo Bash because I just like the low crowds of DAH. Good to see the stage show back though
First night is most in demand. They're socking it to the b/vloggers, which should make a certain group of people here giddy.

Disney is all about demand/surge pricing. They spearheaded it on Broadway. It's now in the parks. It's part crowd control and it's part profiteering.

Just wait, true demand/surge pricing is when the price of things fluctuate in real time. Imagine event tickets that keep going up in price as you get closer to the event date because they're starting to sell out. The last few tickets could get double or triple the price. Just like on Broadway. Coming to Disney parks.... soon.

DisneyDreamer08

I believe the park actually closes at 6 pm to day guests so that seems like it would be a spectacular waste of money. With that said, Disney used to allow you to use FP+ during that 4-6 time period, so they'll likely be willing to sell Genie+ as well.
I was thinking if you pre-purchased Genie for the length of your stay, would your party day be included.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The 50th plans were to conclude at the end of this calendar year.

And the new DE was supposed to be a highlight of it. That's why last year had After Hours so that day guests wouldn't miss that spectacular 50th show (which was not related to the 50th or that spectacular).

But now, the parties will take the place of the supposedly important 50th fireworks show. The 50th anniversary celebration is all but dead.

DisneyDreamer08

Pick a date during the weekend of Halloween.

It'll be about $300 more!
We are aiming for March for our next family trip but initially looked into October around Columbus Day as our kids have a 4 day weekend. If we chose those dates, party tickets would be about $650 for mom, dad, 11 year old “adult” and a 6 year old. Never gonna happen.

Indy_UK

Hmmm. I’m not sure if I would have preferred the Boo Bash in all honesty.

We don’t do rides at the parties but the one we went to in 2017 was so stupidly over crowded that I didn’t find it that fun.

Lines for characters are so long so it just candy stops, show, parade and fireworks for us

Wanted to do the 12th too but it’s pretty much Vlogger city isn’t it? Decisions….

For any wondering how the company views the guest response to the 50th internally, I think this decision makes that quite clear.
The whole 50th has been about as ho-hum as you can get. Aside from DE, castle appearance, those pointless gold statues, and a bit of merch, has there been anything that really sets the 50th apart from any other day?

DLP's 30th is getting a way better treatment. Heck, even the Electrical Parade seems to be getting more press lately.

I don't think them not showing DE is a reflection of guest response, but rather just continuing the already-established game plan of making the 50th about as forgettable as possible.

castlecake2.0

First night is most in demand. They're socking it to the b/vloggers, which should make a certain group of people here giddy.

Disney is all about demand/surge pricing. They spearheaded it on Broadway. It's now in the parks. It's part crowd control and it's part profiteering.

Just wait, true demand/surge pricing is when the price of things fluctuate in real time. Imagine event tickets that keep going up in price as you get closer to the event date because they're starting to sell out. The last few tickets could get double or triple the price. Just like on Broadway. Coming to Disney parks.... soon.
Me, I am the group that is giddy. I would have made the first night $200 and watch them complain and gripe as they hand over their credit card and charge up their auxiliary power packs.

ilovetotravel1977

The 50th plans were to conclude at the end of this calendar year.

And the new DE was supposed to be a highlight of it. That's why last year had After Hours so that day guests wouldn't miss that spectacular 50th show (which was not related to the 50th or that spectacular).

But now, the parties will take the place of the supposedly important 50th fireworks show. The 50th anniversary celebration is all but dead.

So we can still see the 50th fireworks show if going first week of December 2022?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom