News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

Fido Chuckwagon

First night is most in demand. They're socking it to the b/vloggers, which should make a certain group of people here giddy.

Disney is all about demand/surge pricing. They spearheaded it on Broadway. It's now in the parks. It's part crowd control and it's part profiteering.

Just wait, true demand/surge pricing is when the price of things fluctuate in real time. Imagine event tickets that keep going up in price as you get closer to the event date because they're starting to sell out. The last few tickets could get double or triple the price. Just like on Broadway. Coming to Disney parks.... soon.
I'm sure dynamic genie pricing is coming.

ToTBellHop

The whole 50th has been about as ho-hum as you can get. Aside from DE, castle appearance, those pointless gold statues, and a bit of merch, has there been anything that really sets the 50th apart from any other day?

DLP's 30th is getting a way better treatment. Heck, even the Electrical Parade seems to be getting more press lately.

I don't think them not showing DE is a reflection of guest response, but rather just continuing the already-established game plan of making the 50th about as forgettable as possible.
This was a change of plan. They intended to show DE nightly for 18 months.

TRON’s acceleration is also a change of plan. They have finally realized they took WDW for granted far too much.

mikejs78

Premium Member
This was a change of plan. They intended to show DE nightly for 18 months.

TRON’s acceleration is also a change of plan. They have finally realized they took WDW for granted far too much.
They need to do a lot more to make up for the missteps of the past two years.

* Completely lackluster 50th
* Genie+
* Magical Express
* Park reservation frustrations

mm52200

The 50th plans were to conclude at the end of this calendar year.

And the new DE was supposed to be a highlight of it. That's why last year had After Hours so that day guests wouldn't miss that spectacular 50th show (which was not related to the 50th or that spectacular).

But now, the parties will take the place of the supposedly important 50th fireworks show. The 50th anniversary celebration is all but dead.
50th has always been an 18 month celebration and will continue to be.
But them opting to close the main park early 3 or 4 nights a week does say a lot.

mattpeto

That’s all I was trying to suggest. No reason to remove the banners and 50th medallion on the castle, though.

Everything about the 50th just feels rushed. (And really not all of it is their fault, if I'm being honest).

Look at the timeline a little bit:
  • May 2021: original teaser for the 50th. The teaser didn't even feature CC with firework effects, but did showcase the Beacons.
  • June 15th 2021: Happily Ever After and EPCOT Forever announced to return.
  • June 22nd 2021: Enchantment and Harmonious gets announced to start on 10/1
  • July 2021: HEA and EF start.
Enchantment likely got green-lit in June 2021 (or maybe a month earlier at tops). That's not a ton of time all, but they wanted "something" to debut on 10/1. Since it was such a late production, they probably abandon all nostalgic plans to go with something that would make Enchantment live past the 50th. That was a mistake.

Fast forward to this year...They had an opportunity again to make something "50th specifically related" when they restored a parade at MK and could have turned Festival of Fantasy into a "Magic is Calling" parade and utilize the 50th cavalcade float, but skipped on that too.

Not showing Enchantment 4 days a week starting in August, should be the clear sign that changes are coming. They are exiting the 50th fast and furious.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Its taking place twice while I'm there (August 22nd through 26th).

My sister and I are considering going.
Not sure which day to go or how to switch our days around to now not be at MK on those evenings if we aren't going.

drew81

Predictions:

-Encanto dance party
-Hardly any villains meeting
-Princesses
-Bye bye 7 Dwarfs photo op
-Sanderson Sisters soirée(character dining/dessert party etc)
-Separate reserved paid seating section for parade, fireworks and stage show
-Enchanted Tales will still be closed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom