News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

RememberWhen

Its taking place twice while I'm there (August 22nd through 26th).

My sister and I are considering going.
Not sure which day to go or how to switch our days around to now not be at MK on those evenings if we aren't going.
We’re going to be at WDW for the first and second. We’re considering the second party. I had been expecting prices $150+ so needing 4 tickets we were planning to skip. If the tickets are $109, maybe $99 if those dates are discounted, I’m fairly tempted.

Mmhmm. And that they have another parade sitting in storage. But, you know it cost $$$.
And that's totally fine, but given that MSEP is, apparently, the only night parade that can operate at WDW due to float sizes (heaven forbid we reengineer anything so it'd work), and they decided to keep it in DLR, just makes everything that much worse.

I don't get the hate of the 50th castle. It looks fine to me. I agree that the new fireworks are terrible, but the castle decorations?
Honestly, at first, I hated the new castle look too. The colors were friggin weird and all that. But once all the decorations got up, it doesn't look bad anymore (still not loving the colors, but that's no longer a standout issue). I looked at an old photo today and the blue/gray castle looked "skeletal" in comparison :)

So yeah, I don't hate the 50th version anymore.

TTA94

And that's totally fine, but given that MSEP is, apparently, the only night parade that can operate at WDW due to float sizes (heaven forbid we reengineer anything so it'd work), and they decided to keep it in DLR, just makes everything that much worse.

Not sure if the updated drum could be easily changed from saying Disneyland, or if the new ish finale float could be packed up, in particular the castle float.

Maybe that’s why PTN isn’t moving because it can’t be dismantled and shipped like MSEP could. Who knows.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don't forget they still have the hybrid Halloween/50th decorations from last year, so, they can at least pay lip service to the 50th while shutting it down.

yensidtlaw1969

Predictions:

-Encanto dance party
-Hardly any villains meeting
-Princesses
-Bye bye 7 Dwarfs photo op
-Sanderson Sisters soirée(character dining/dessert party etc)
-Separate reserved paid seating section for parade, fireworks and stage show
-Enchanted Tales will still be closed
Honestly, I'm kind of surprised they haven't tried this bolded one yet - I would think they could pretty handily put something like this into Liberty Tree on Party Nights and make a pretty penny. Turn down the lights, do some light redecorating - add The Black Flame Candle, Winifred's Spellbook, some Brooms and a big glowing Cauldron in the lobby, have the sisters making the rounds through the restaurant (would love to see Billy thrown in too, but he might be too intense for an up-close encounter). Add some live entertainment in the form of the Skeleton Band from the movie's Town Hall Party and it would sell out in an instant.

I'm not one for all these upcharge dining parties, but something like this seems like a no-brainer. And as long as the Witches are kept inside there shouldn't be a problem running the Spelltacular at the Castle, I wouldn't think.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised they haven't tried this bolded one yet - I would think they could pretty handily put something like this into Liberty Tree on Party Nights and make a pretty penny. Turn down the lights, do some light redecorating - add The Black Flame Candle, Winifred's Spellbook, some Brooms and a big glowing Cauldron in the lobby, have the sisters making the rounds through the restaurant (would love to see Billy thrown in too, but he might be too intense for an up-close encounter). Add some live entertainment in the form of the Skeleton Band from the movie's Town Hall Party and it would sell out in an instant.

I'm not one for all these upcharge dining parties, but something like this seems like a no-brainer. And as long as the Witches are kept inside there shouldn't be a problem running the Spelltacular at the Castle, I wouldn't think.
better idea than that Cruella one, that's for sure.

castlecake2.0

I don't get the hate of the 50th castle. It looks fine to me. I agree that the new fireworks are terrible, but the castle decorations?
My issue (I don’t hate them but also don’t love them) is that they’re so lifeless. Like maybe they could have added some real fabric on top of the swags? Give it some kinetics? Also no bunting on Main Street was just cheap.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No

Good idea! If people were paying $99 for Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party on top of the cost of MVMCP, there must also be people who’d splurge for your improved version with Sanderson Sisters. Hocus Pocus 2 is supposed to premiere exclusively on Disney+ Autumn 2022.

Dranth

This was a change of plan. They intended to show DE nightly for 18 months.

TRON’s acceleration is also a change of plan. They have finally realized they took WDW for granted far too much.
I don't know it this qualifies as making up for much though, at least not for a lot of us. Certainly doesn't for me as I would rather see DE then sit in the mess of a crowd that was the last holiday party I attended. Even the off days got worse as everyone tried to cram into the park on the few days it was open for a full day. I got to the point where we just didn't go to the MK anymore on trips during party seasons.

Don't get me wrong, I know this will make a lot of people happy and I am glad for them, but it just seems like they are swapping around who they irritate rather than do anything meaningful.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom