News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

MM311

Speaking of TRON, hopefully this hasn't been answered already, but if we only had tickets for MNSSHP, could we technically purchase an ILL for sometime between 4 and 6, since they let you in before the party starts? Sorry if that has been asked before, just couldn't remember if the ability to do so required a day ticket as well.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Speaking of TRON, hopefully this hasn't been answered already, but if we only had tickets for MNSSHP, could we technically purchase an ILL for sometime between 4 and 6, since they let you in before the party starts? Sorry if that has been asked before, just couldn't remember if the ability to do so required a day ticket as well.
Yes, you can. I bought a 4:20 ILL right at 7 AM from my stateroom docked at Port Canaveral. No Park Pass, just MNSSHP ticket.

Then starting about 5:58 PM, you'll see half of the people in the park stop dead in their tracks and pull out their phone. At 6:00:10, they all start moving again - half with huge smiles, and half really angry. It's really strange.

TheMaxRebo

Who wastes 20% of their $100 party on TRON, anyway?

Any reports on how long the VQ line has taken to get in the ride during the party? I know during the day it can take upwards of an hour once in line to get in the ride, often 40ish minutes.

Unless they keep the # of VQ spits super low so it is virtually a walk on, I, person can see using up a good chunk of party time for the ride - guess if you are only doing the party and no regular MK days

MM311

Yes, you can. I bought a 4:20 ILL right at 7 AM from my stateroom docked at Port Canaveral. No Park Pass, just MNSSHP ticket.

Then starting about 5:58 PM, you'll see half of the people in the park stop dead in their tracks and pull out their phone. At 6:00:10, they all start moving again - half with huge smiles, and half really angry. It's really strange.
Thank you! We are doing HHN on 10/31 and MNSSHP on 11/1 and wanted to sleep in (well not me since I will have to get up at 7am to buy the ILL), so opted to not do MK all day, good to know we can at least to TRON once if we don't get the VQ. Thanks Again!

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Any reports on how long the VQ line has taken to get in the ride during the party? I know during the day it can take upwards of an hour once in line to get in the ride, often 40ish minutes.

Unless they keep the # of VQ spits super low so it is virtually a walk on, I, person can see using up a good chunk of party time for the ride - guess if you are only doing the party and no regular MK days
I was in the first group called (128), and it was a walk-on (my train went out with 5 people).
My friends were called at 9:15 (176), and it was 20 minutes. They said it was more like the typical ILL wait as opposed to the typical VQ.

No ragrets. Not even one letter.

TheMaxRebo

I was in the first group called (128), and it was a walk-on (my train went out with 5 people).
My friends were called at 9:15 (176), and it was 20 minutes. They said it was more like the typical ILL wait as opposed to the typical VQ.

No ragrets. Not even one letter.

Very good info, thanks for sharing .... Makes it much more of an option for us I think if that is the case but also probably ties to them having very few VQ spots they are giving out

dmw

In the Parks
No
Can Anyone explain to me why I got a large discount offer on tickets this morning though my company HR platform?

Is that how “unprecedented demand” looks? 🤔
yeah... I just received a similar notice from LifeMart / TicketsAtWork. Up to $30 off select dates. Same offer for the MVMCP. Plus, discounts for Epcot After Hours, H2O Glow After Hours, and Jollywood Nights at HS.

Ayla

yeah... I just received a similar notice from LifeMart / TicketsAtWork. Up to $30 off select dates. Same offer for the MVMCP. Plus, discounts for Epcot After Hours, H2O Glow After Hours, and Jollywood Nights at HS.
I got the same email to my home email and I haven't visited in over a year. I didn't even bother reading it. Went right into the trash and deleted. Looks like they're getting desperate.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I received a similar offer today. If they have to discount the tickets, maybe there's a problem there they should be looking into? Or are the "sold out" optics all they care about?
It’s the latter…cause they haven’t been selling

There’s been the thought they’re tinkering with numbers too

The next quarter park numbers are gonna be an absolute hoot 🦉

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s the latter…cause they haven’t been selling

There’s been the thought they’re tinkering with numbers too

The next quarter park numbers are gonna be an absolute hoot 🦉
You don't think a month and a half of Halloween parties will bolster the numbers enough to make things look rosy again? I think I have the solution!

"Coming soon - The Disney Guaranteed Vacation Plan!!! We take care of the details, you simply enjoy the vacation and pay once you're home! You'll enjoy world-class Disney accommodations, world-class Disney dining, and world-class Disney theme park attractions and shows! Don't worry about the price, we've made sure it's affordable for everyone!"

(Family looks at the bill once they are home)

Neil Patrick Harris Debt GIF by The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You don't think a month and a half of Halloween parties will bolster the numbers enough to make things look rosy again? I think I have the solution!

"Coming soon - The Disney Guaranteed Vacation Plan!!! We take care of the details, you simply enjoy the vacation and pay once you're home! You'll enjoy world-class Disney accommodations, world-class Disney dining, and world-class Disney theme park attractions and shows! Don't worry about the price, we've made sure it's affordable for everyone!"

(Family looks at the bill once they are home)

Neil Patrick Harris Debt GIF by The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
…I’m gonna keep saying till the dusters put a bounty on me:

This attendance dip is during a “non-recession”

For 10 points: name the last time that happened?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom