News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Hello, New to the forum. I had a question for anyone who may know. Does Disney sell last minute tickets on the day of? I will be landing tomorrow, and did not get tickets for the halloween party on August 15th amd hoping there is some how I can.

Thanks in advance!
You might get lucky day of but typically, in my experience at least, when the parties are listed as sold out they generally don't offer last minute tickets.

Ayla

Hello, New to the forum. I had a question for anyone who may know. Does Disney sell last minute tickets on the day of? I will be landing tomorrow, and did not get tickets for the halloween party on August 15th amd hoping there is some how I can.

Thanks in advance!
The party tomorrow is sold out.

MagicHappens1971

Thanks in advance!
If the party is sold out, no. It appears the party for the 15th is sold out.

People will tell you to go to GR/Ticket Window and ask anyway, but it's very unlikely.

Squishy

Disney's Not-So-Spooky Spectacular fireworks 2023

The show used to have the mainstreet party floodlights & spotlights synced with the show, for some reason they also seem to have went away along with the BTY floodlights last year. The building spotlights were replaced by Enchantment projectors but the floodlights are still used during the event..

Here's what it looked like in 2019

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Very similar to 2022. Busy on Main Street and the hub. Very busy during parade and castle show. Minimal waits at attractions.

Are the post-fireworks parades still pretty empty? I'm not sure we will make it to that one with a 3 year old and a 1 year old but we are going to try for crowd purposes.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Are the post-fireworks parades still pretty empty? I'm not sure we will make it to that one with a 3 year old and a 1 year old but we are going to try for crowd purposes.
The second parade was still busy on both Main Street and through Frontierland. The second will still be your best bet, and Town Square is a good option.

TheMaxRebo

The party seems to be selling better than ever

Yeah, the 13th date sold out yesterday. Last year the 13th party didn't sell out until Aug 23rd, so we are outpacing it by 10days this year

Now, maybe some of the non-sold out dates are even less sold than parties last year, but from at least one stat seem to be selling well

DCBaker

Premium Member
The next Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party date to sell out is October 5.

Current sold out dates -

Aug. 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29
Sept. 1, 4, 8, 12, 15, 17
Oct. 5, 31

Update - October 5 seems to be available again.

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 1.14.03 PM.png

GabeP

I've seen this happen a few times before. Once it disappears, even if it comes back, it tends to be sold out again fairly soon after its reappearance.
Do 3rd party resellers (UT, etc.) have their own 'stock' of each date, or do they just draw from disney when a customer wants to buy a tic?

RoadiJeff

Has anyone on here been to both the Mickey's Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? My wife and I did the Christmas Party a few years ago (2018?) and we were rather disappointed, mainly due to the huge crowds. We were told by Disney that FastPass was not offered because it was not needed since crowds were not like they were during normal park hours.

In a way, they were right. The crowds during the party seemed like they were twice as bad as earlier during the day. We'd arrived around 9:00am and stayed close to midnight. Rain, crowds, no parades because of the weather and no way to pay to avoid the long lines at the rides.

I know Disney cannot control the weather (I don't think so, anyway) but they can control the crowds by how many tickets they sell for these special events. We'll be at WDW near the end of September and I'm wondering if I pay for the the Halloween party if it'll be just as crowded as it was for us at Christmas.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Has anyone on here been to both the Mickey's Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? My wife and I did the Christmas Party a few years ago (2018?) and we were rather disappointed, mainly due to the huge crowds. We were told by Disney that FastPass was not offered because it was not needed since crowds were not like they were during normal park hours.

In a way, they were right. The crowds during the party seemed like they were twice as bad as earlier during the day. We'd arrived around 9:00am and stayed close to midnight. Rain, crowds, no parades because of the weather and no way to pay to avoid the long lines at the rides.

I know Disney cannot control the weather (I don't think so, anyway) but they can control the crowds by how many tickets they sell for these special events. We'll be at WDW near the end of September and I'm wondering if I pay for the the Halloween party if it'll be just as crowded as it was for us at Christmas.

The 2018/2019 parties are bad indicators. They were extremely oversold to the point that even Disney realized they had too much capacity in the parks.

The capacity has been much reduced since then.

Figments Friend

Yes, if this years Party Events have a similar capacity cut off, then it will be delightful as in the days of yore.

I highly recommend the MNSSHP to anyone thinking about trying it out.
It is one of the things WDW really does well, and the live entertainment options as well worth the admission ticket price alone.
I have been to many of these Halloween Events over the years, and last year for me was one of the best to date in terms of crowd levels and offerings for attendees.

P.S. - I will be attending the Sunday, Sept 10th Party if anyone here would like to meet up !
I will be easy to spot....dressed yet again ( 15 years running...? ) as a purple dragon you might know....
;)

-

JustInTime

Yeah, attendance is lower now. Also - don’t arrive at 9:00. Arrive at 4:00.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom