News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Has anyone on here been to both the Mickey's Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? My wife and I did the Christmas Party a few years ago (2018?) and we were rather disappointed, mainly due to the huge crowds. We were told by Disney that FastPass was not offered because it was not needed since crowds were not like they were during normal park hours.

In a way, they were right. The crowds during the party seemed like they were twice as bad as earlier during the day. We'd arrived around 9:00am and stayed close to midnight. Rain, crowds, no parades because of the weather and no way to pay to avoid the long lines at the rides.

I know Disney cannot control the weather (I don't think so, anyway) but they can control the crowds by how many tickets they sell for these special events. We'll be at WDW near the end of September and I'm wondering if I pay for the the Halloween party if it'll be just as crowded as it was for us at Christmas.
The Halloween Party is leaps and bounds more enjoyable than the Christmas party. We’ve done both numerous times and always find the Christmas party to be a bore. You can dress up, get lots of candy, and seeing how the other guests dress up is such a delight; plus the best parade at Disney is during the event too!

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The Halloween Party is leaps and bounds more enjoyable than the Christmas party. We’ve done both numerous times and always find the Christmas party to be a bore. You can dress up, get lots of candy, and seeing how the other guests dress up is such a delight; plus the best parade at Disney is during the event too!

I actually like the equally. I think MK is at its best during Christmas though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Has anyone on here been to both the Mickey's Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? My wife and I did the Christmas Party a few years ago (2018?) and we were rather disappointed, mainly due to the huge crowds. We were told by Disney that FastPass was not offered because it was not needed since crowds were not like they were during normal park hours.

In a way, they were right. The crowds during the party seemed like they were twice as bad as earlier during the day. We'd arrived around 9:00am and stayed close to midnight. Rain, crowds, no parades because of the weather and no way to pay to avoid the long lines at the rides.

I know Disney cannot control the weather (I don't think so, anyway) but they can control the crowds by how many tickets they sell for these special events. We'll be at WDW near the end of September and I'm wondering if I pay for the the Halloween party if it'll be just as crowded as it was for us at Christmas.
Starting at the link below are vlogs of the sold out opening night. That will give you an idea of how 'crowded' the party nights are now.

The Christmas Party this past December was significantly less crowded than the pre-pandemic party.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Starting at the link below are vlogs of the sold out opening night. That will give you an idea of how 'crowded' the party nights are now.

The Christmas Party this past December was significantly less crowded than the pre-pandemic party.

Will be interested to see how that sells this year with MVMCP starting at $159 - $50/person more than MNSSHP.

TheMaxRebo

Will be interested to see how that sells this year with MVMCP starting at $159 - $50/person more than MNSSHP.

For sure ... Though it is similar in past years (I think last year the cheapest Christmas party was $149.

The early Halloween parties are the cheapest - once you get into a September they are all $149+ as well, so for the last two months of each they are similar priced, just no "cheaper third earlier month" for Christmas

I was wondering if the more expensive Halloween parti s would sell as.well as the earlier/cheaper ones but so far they seem to be selling better than last year so guess people are still willing to spend $ on these parties - even if if overall crowd levels seem to be down

CntrlFlPete

I did not go to any parties in 2018, but from other experiences (in the aughts), the rain is a big factor. When it is raining, the crowds flock to the rides. Without the rain, large crowds of people are doing character meets, watching the parade, watching the stage show -- basically the things that make the party unique -- just to say that rain changes the dynamics of the 'low ride waits'.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I didn't see him in the first night's video - must have missed him. So glad he is back!
DSC08485-Enhanced-NR-1.jpg

DSC08491-Enhanced-NR-2.jpg

Corylancaster

So I haven't been to a MNSSHP since 2016ish but have tickets to go in early October during our trip. Should I expect things to be similar to how they were the last time I went as far as wait times and trick or treating? Also, this will be our first trip going since Virtual Queues were a thing. How will that work with the party for Tron? If we get to the party at 4, will we be able to use an ILL for tron if they have any available or no since we won't have regular park tickets?

tanc

I've heard from other places that the Not So Spooky Dessert party isn't serving the party exclusive food (hades cone, pumpkin funnel cake ect). I guess it has more generic offerings compared to the rest, which is understandable. Personally I'm not going to do it since I'd like to try the party event food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom