News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

gerarar

Premium Member
The 6pm Tron VQ drop lasted for ~7 mins for tonight's party.

For comparison to the usual 6pm drop during EEH on Wednesday evenings and the last recent parties on Monday (9/4) and Friday (9/8):
scatter_plot-456.png

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Pretty shocking to see so many dates still open, wonder if the event will get a discount soon. I think a lot of people just don't see the value in it, even though this party seems way better than the previous ones.

Debating whether or not to bring a candy bucket, just seems like so much to try and take back lol
They are all selling out, just not massively ahead of time. I think they will be quite happy with how sales have gone.

Figments Friend

Attended last night, Park felt crowded to me.
It was a sold out night, but the party i attended last year was also sold out.
Seemed to be more people there this time around…

Attendance dropped a little after the second parade as it typically does, but it still felt to me like it was busier then last year.

Received a Disney survey today asking for my thoughts on my party experience, and found the third choice listed below interesting…
They are on to us…!

IMG_2109.jpeg

Also….great to see WDW Magic BACK as being listed on the survey as a choice for ‘unofficial Disney websites’…!
Way to go, Steve!
🥳

IMG_2110.jpeg

RoadiJeff

Matched our collection. Glad we didn't miss out on anything (where are the Reese's, Disney?). Felt like 50% of our candy was some version of Milky Way, but plenty of skittles and starburst too.
How big is the bag that Disney gives you at the start of the party? I've heard that people should bring their own larger bag but I'll be dressed up as Peter Pan and I don't want to be carrying a large trick-or-treat bag around the park all evening.

Gillyanne

How big is the bag that Disney gives you at the start of the party? I've heard that people should bring their own larger bag but I'll be dressed up as Peter Pan and I don't want to be carrying a large trick-or-treat bag around the park all evening.

Pictures from this year I've seen the bags look similar to last year; we go to the party Sunday, but I happen to have last years bag sitting by me.

when opened, it's 9" tall, 7" wide, and 3" deep/thick. The bottom is made to be boxy when opened (like a paper grocery bag) and folds out to make it flat

ETA some pics:
1694535550228.png
1694535570501.png

I'll also add in years past, they were about the same size, but just plain plastic (a bit thicker than store bags, but still just plastic). Last year started with the sturdier bags, closer to the reusable shopping bag types, thicker than the older ones, almost like they have an interface on them

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

We only used the bags that were provided and went through about 5-6 trails and that pretty much filled them - getting 8-12 pieces at each stop

So if you are going to do a handful of trails you will be ok, but if you really are wanting to hit them up multiple times you will want to bring a backpack or something to dump candy into

Thepuma

We did this event about 2 years ago....we looked at doing it this time but the price has practically doubled...we just can't justify the cost now.

I just don't know how families afford it.

Thepuma

Trouble with doing this sort of thing in Orlando in summer is that all your chocolate in your bag is a melted mush by the time you get home. .unless you want to stuff your face as you go round

JustInTime

Pretty shocking to see so many dates still open, wonder if the event will get a discount soon. I think a lot of people just don't see the value in it, even though this party seems way better than the previous ones.

Debating whether or not to bring a candy bucket, just seems like so much to try and take back lol
Huh? Almost every date has sold out. These likely will too closer to time.

Pictures from this year I've seen the bags look similar to last year; we go to the party Sunday, but I happen to have last years bag sitting by me.

when opened, it's 9" tall, 7" wide, and 3" deep/thick. The bottom is made to be boxy when opened (like a paper grocery bag) and folds out to make it flat

ETA some pics:
View attachment 742578 View attachment 742579

I'll also add in years past, they were about the same size, but just plain plastic (a bit thicker than store bags, but still just plastic). Last year started with the sturdier bags, closer to the reusable shopping bag types, thicker than the older ones, almost like they have an interface on them
The bags are almost identical this year to last year as far as I can tell. Agree with @TheMaxRebo regarding the number of trails to fill the bags.

TheMaxRebo

We did this event about 2 years ago....we looked at doing it this time but the price has practically doubled...we just can't justify the cost now.

I just don't know how families afford it.

The pricing has definitely gone up but the # of people / tickets sold has come down quite a bit since when you last went - so it is definitely a trade off.

Pay more but lower lines, less crowding, easier to see entertainment, etc

DCBaker

Premium Member
The next Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party date to sell out is October 5.

Dates still available -

Sept. 28
Oct. 3, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29
Nov. 1

Figments Friend

ETA some pics:
View attachment 742578 View attachment 742579

This years giveaway Treat Bags have this design on the reverse side of the above ‘Let’s Boo This’ graphic.
So they are two sided, one different design on each side.
And yes, just like last years 50th edition these are nice quality and sturdy totes.
🙂

IMG_2121.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom