News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

JustInTime

They need to be able to ask for proof of disability like they do at DLP.

It isn't in the slightest bit offensive for the people that genuinely need DAS.
I have to DAS now. First time in my life. But there’s definitely shame attached to using it. But I’d be more than happy to supply medical proof. Seems like a no brainer.

Cliff

Glad to hear your wait was so short!

The issue with overestimating wait times to this degree is that it doesn't give guests enough information to make decisions in their own best interest.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who would've waited up to 30 minutes to meet Jack and Sally, but balked when they saw it was 60. So they didn't get the experience they would've chosen for themselves, because of bad information.
I suspect the purpose of the 2x-5x over- exagerated publically posted wait times is "not" to help the guests plan their day. It's to show the rest of the outside world that the park is massively jam packed and attendance is strong.

I have even read that if a guest asks a castmember if a wait is really 60 min as publically posted...the cast member MUST say that it is...even if they know its really 10 min.

Can any cast members here confirm or deny this?

How clever!

Last edited:

adam.adbe

I suspect the purpose of the 2x-5x over- exagerated publically posted wait times is "not" to help the guests plan their day. It's to show the rest of the outside world that the park is massively jam packed and attendance is strong.

I have even read that if a guest asks a castmember if a wait is really 60 min as publically posted...the cast member MUST say that it is...even if they know its really 10 min.

Can any cast members here confirm or deny this?

How clever!

That doesn't even make sense. Anyone with flexibility, seeing average waits of an hour or so, is going to question whether they should just wait for a quieter month, or maybe worse from Disney's perspective, go elsewhere.

You're reaching here.

[ETA: the only thing long wait times might do is drive Genie+, but even there, most people are wise to how badly G+ works when the parks are slammed]

TheMaxRebo

Which confirms DAS is still being abused.

I am sure there is some abuse and probably more now than in the past

but also think there is more legitimate use of it - I know a number of people that absolutely qualify to use it but in the past they felt they could get by using the included FP+ but now that it no longer exists they are using DAS rather than pay for G+

Thepuma

but also think there is more legitimate use of it - I know a number of people that absolutely qualify to use it but in the past they felt they could get by using the included FP+ but now that it no longer exists they are using DAS rather than pay for G+
The disability thing is also abused back in the UK. In one of the parks recently we were waiting in a 2 hour queue..we noticed this other queue that was a walk on....20 people walking up and got on immediately- someone in front of me asked what that line was and the lady in the group of 20 said "one of my boys has ADHD" - So all 20 were allowed to jump the disabled queue. It's just wrong. If there is a genuinely disabled person then allow them and their carer, not 20 able bodied individuals.

I guess the same happens at Disney?

Ayla

How convenient for them.

TheMaxRebo

The disability thing is also abused back in the UK. In one of the parks recently we were waiting in a 2 hour queue..we noticed this other queue that was a walk on....20 people walking up and got on immediately- someone in front of me asked what that line was and the lady in the group of 20 said "one of my boys has ADHD" - So all 20 were allowed to jump the disabled queue. It's just wrong. If there is a genuinely disabled person then allow them and their carer, not 20 able bodied individuals.

I guess the same happens at Disney?
it does though I think there is a limit to how many in your party, but it is more than the individual that has the condition (but less than 20)

Thepuma

it does though I think there is a limit to how many in your party, but it is more than the individual that has the condition (but less than 20)
As I say, 2 people is fine of course it is.....but 20 was just a clear p1ss take.

I also don't think all disabilities need to have access to the Disabled queue. I don't agree that a naughty child with ADHD should be allowed to skip a 2 hour queue.

MagicHappens1971

As I say, 2 people is fine of course it is.....but 20 was just a clear p1ss take.

I also don't think all disabilities need to have access to the Disabled queue. I don't agree that a naughty child with ADHD should be allowed to skip a 2 hour queue.
Disney's policy is 6 guests (total) max for a DAS pass. It's the pass holder + 5, even if the party is 10 people total. DAS holder's also do not "skip" the queue, they wait in a virtual queue for one attraction at a time and use LL to enter the queue, at their return time.

Trekkie101

This site is mentioned on the MNSSHP survey

:)

Attachments

• IMG_0511.png
    IMG_0511.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 135

abaker1975

Absolutely believe there should be some medical letter/reason to be able to access this service. I don't blame the people that really need the access but the lowlife selfishly abusing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom