News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

brb1006

I just watched through the video of the parade, it's nice to see that they made the effort to refresh the parade. It's a fan-favorite for sure, and with nothing new on the horizon this was a welcome change, in my opinion.

I will say that I think it's a little odd that they didn't add dialogue for the characters they added. Especially Ursula as she lead the Villains unit, thought she should've said something... lol

Will be interesting to see if they make any changes to Once Upon a Christmastime as well.

On the same note, I do enjoy both MVMCP & MNSSHP, however I think as many others have said that these events really do need a whole new refresh if they wanted to attract more repeat visitors. But it's not like they are having a problem selling tickets anyway. I think MK needs a whole new parade fleet
I'm guessing they couldn't find a new voice actress for Ursula after Pat Carroll's passing.

MagicHappens1971

I'm guessing they couldn't find a new voice actress for Ursula after Pat Carroll's passing.
In my opinion it was probably a budget thing as they didn’t do it for Minnie, Daisy and Clarabelle as the Sanderson Sisters.

Much easier & cheaper to throw some CMs into some new costumes than get actors into sound booths and record and edit the Boo To You soundtrack to accommodate the new snipets.

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
In my opinion it was probably a budget thing as they didn’t do it for Minnie, Daisy and Clarabelle as the Sanderson Sisters.

Much easier & cheaper to throw some CMs into some new costumes than get actors into sound booths and record and edit the Boo To You soundtrack to accommodate the new snipets.
They did record totally new lines for Goofy for this year's parade. It is very odd, though, that they didn't bother doing ANYTHING with Mickey and Minnie's float and instead just removed Minnie's lines...didn't even fill the space where they used to be. I get the feeling that was a VERY last minute decision.

They are clearly not interested in building any new floats (remember the rumor about the 50 float chassises? lol) but besides the awkwardness with Mickey talking alone on the lead float I think this is the best we could get with likely VERY minimal budget.

The loss of the relatively new Buzz/Incredibles section is sad but the Buzz float is decades and decades old and needed to be put out to pasture, and the Incredibles hovercrafts were sent to Paris. Their camaro from last year was embarrassing to say the least. New villains stuff was great but come on couldn't we get face Queen of Hearts???

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
They upgraded the finale pyro this year from last. Instead of some light fans behind the castle, we have full on color-approriate comets this year (comes from the FL roofs).

Impressive upgrade and the show is always a pleasure to see.
Good spot. There are likely to be some variations over the season as we often see as product supply changes.

brb1006

The gazebo was a relic nearly as old as the mirrored castle float. That along with Clara Cluck's barn and and the HM staircase float are all leftovers from the long gone Easter Parade.

I think the Ursula figure is what's left of SpectroMagic.

I like most of the changes to Boo to You this year. I'm fine ditching Buzz and the Incredibles in rental cars with more villains.

I still miss the Hundred Acre Wood section from years ago and do prefer the older hoedown with the cowboys/girls and Clarabelle.
The small house float that Olaf's on (formerly used for Scrooge and Geppetto) and the float with Elsa and Kristoff are just as old as Clara Cluck's barn.
DSC_0173.JPG

very-merry-once-upon-a-christmastime-parade-2022-15.jpg

Both floats date back to the mid to late 1980s.

Also that Ursula figure appears to be a different variation of the one from the Frightfully Fun Parade at Disneyland.

brb1006

They did record totally new lines for Goofy for this year's parade. It is very odd, though, that they didn't bother doing ANYTHING with Mickey and Minnie's float and instead just removed Minnie's lines...didn't even fill the space where they used to be. I get the feeling that was a VERY last minute decision.

They are clearly not interested in building any new floats (remember the rumor about the 50 float chassises? lol) but besides the awkwardness with Mickey talking alone on the lead float I think this is the best we could get with likely VERY minimal budget.

The loss of the relatively new Buzz/Incredibles section is sad but the Buzz float is decades and decades old and needed to be put out to pasture, and the Incredibles hovercrafts were sent to Paris. Their camaro from last year was embarrassing to say the least. New villains stuff was great but come on couldn't we get face Queen of Hearts???
At this point, The Queen of Hearts deserves to fully become a face characters after years of being mute (similar to the Mad Hatter). I remember being pleasantly surprised when first seeing this from the Club Villain event at DHS a few years back. A shame they only use the face character version of The Queen for special events (such as Villain Night years back and Pride Night at Disneyland very recently.)

DisneyDebRob

Anything moving down main street at night, with lights is a plus. Watching the parade from the first night of the party just reminds me of how badly they need an evening parade again. There is no reason at all not to have one.
I’ll take a few hundred people waving flashlights to background music at this point.

Disstevefan1

I posted several vlog videos that show it wasn't that crowded.

The crowd waiting to get in right at 4p happens for every party night. The space can't hold several thousand people (which, once in the park, spread out sparsely).

If you have an AP, get in before 3p to avoid that crush. If you don't have an AP, wait til 4:30p and that crowd will be gone.
Yes, I know this. Yes, in looking at the You tubers, actually it does appear they are limiting the party tickets to an actual number instead of overselling them like the old days.

TTA94

Anything moving down main street at night, with lights is a plus. Watching the parade from the first night of the party just reminds me of how badly they need an evening parade again. There is no reason at all not to have one.
I’ll take a few hundred people waving flashlights to background music at this point.

Yup. It’s sad Boo To You and Once Upon A Christmastime are the only parades that run in the evenings.

Cliff

Yes, I know this. Yes, in looking at the You tubers, actually it does appear they are limiting the party tickets to an actual number instead of overselling them like the old days.
DIsney knows that everybody is monitoring public attraction wait times and they are watching to see how many of these special events are sold out.

It is VERY much in Disney's best interest to display long wait times as much as possible and to "sell out" EVERY night of these special events.

Everybody is watching these things to try and guage how well Disney is doing....and Disney KNOWS this. ;-)

TsWade2

I'm so glad Horace Horsecollar is back in the parade with the Country Bears. That totally makes it up for discontinuing the Brer characters

Ayla

IMO, that Queen of Hearts in the parade was a man. Men move very differently than women.

Thumper 32

JesseMoreira

Hello, New to the forum. I had a question for anyone who may know. Does Disney sell last minute tickets on the day of? I will be landing tomorrow, and did not get tickets for the halloween party on August 15th amd hoping there is some how I can.

Thanks in advance!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom