News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

Everything new in the updated Mickey's 'Boo-To-You' Halloween Parade at Walt Disney World​

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_52618.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_52619.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_52622.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_52625.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_52626.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_52628.jpg
The entire villains section is looking great!! I also like they ditched that ugly gazebo that led the parade for years.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Was on the fence about getting tickets for my September trip but now excited I did! Will be a fun time! Anyone know how long the wait was for Tron during party hours (assuming you can score a BG)?
I was group 128, which was the first group called at 6:09. It was a walkon, and my train was sent out with just 5 people on it.

My friends were group 176, they were called about 9:15, and they had about a 20-minute wait.

WorldExplorer

Every new villain thing is taken from the Cursed Cavalcade from Villain Night, right? Except Flotsam and Jetsam?

Moving the stuff here was smart.

Thoughts on the Cavalcade float being used?

Too bad Minnie, Daisy and Clar. didn't get their own Soundtrack.... I thought I read somewhere the they were supposed to be in the finale?

Eeeeeehhhhhh...I know they reuse the gazebo a lot, but I'm not sure this was too much better. The gazebo kinda looked like a decorated porch, which I thought was cute matched with characters that're in costumes. Now it's nothing.

And with the female characters all on the top portion of the cavalcade float it made it feel more weird that they were all silent because that's normally where the central character is since they're visible longer.

Neither's really the best choice, but I kinda liked the gazebo more.

Right!? I was presuming they would be farther back this whole time. Maybe something broke and this was a last second fix. But the cavalcade float was decorated, so...

Br0ckford

We have tickets for October 15. Was just meh about, (wife really wanted it) but the pics and some you tube videos have me glad we bought them. Now to figure out a costume.

MagicHappens1971

I just watched through the video of the parade, it's nice to see that they made the effort to refresh the parade. It's a fan-favorite for sure, and with nothing new on the horizon this was a welcome change, in my opinion.

I will say that I think it's a little odd that they didn't add dialogue for the characters they added. Especially Ursula as she lead the Villains unit, thought she should've said something... lol

Will be interesting to see if they make any changes to Once Upon a Christmastime as well.

On the same note, I do enjoy both MVMCP & MNSSHP, however I think as many others have said that these events really do need a whole new refresh if they wanted to attract more repeat visitors. But it's not like they are having a problem selling tickets anyway. I think MK needs a whole new parade fleet

Animaniac93-98

The entire villains section is looking great!! I also like they ditched that ugly gazebo that led the parade for years.

The gazebo was a relic nearly as old as the mirrored castle float. That along with Clara Cluck's barn and and the HM staircase float are all leftovers from the long gone Easter Parade.

Every new villain thing is taken from the Cursed Cavalcade from Villain Night, right? Except Flotsam and Jetsam?

I think the Ursula figure is what's left of SpectroMagic.

I like most of the changes to Boo to You this year. I'm fine ditching Buzz and the Incredibles in rental cars with more villains.

I still miss the Hundred Acre Wood section from years ago and do prefer the older hoedown with the cowboys/girls and Clarabelle.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Gotta love that lower attendance!!!

I posted several vlog videos that show it wasn't that crowded.

The crowd waiting to get in right at 4p happens for every party night. The space can't hold several thousand people (which, once in the park, spread out sparsely).

If you have an AP, get in before 3p to avoid that crush. If you don't have an AP, wait til 4:30p and that crowd will be gone.

Animaniac93-98

I think Disney has put more effort into changing this event in recent years. The castle show was replaced in 2015, the fireworks in 2019, they added ride overlays, made changes to the parade (including a newer pre-parade), etc.

The problem is the event is suck with the same parade/fireworks/caste show combo where even if those things are revised, that's basically the bulk of the party. If they really wanted to do something different they could try a maze like HKDL, or a spooky Riverboat ride.

What's really lackluster in comparison to previous years is the M&G line up. Not much different than during regular MK hours.

Squishy

The gazebo was a relic nearly as old as the mirrored castle float. That along with Clara Cluck's barn and and the HM staircase float are all leftovers from the long gone Easter Parade.

I like most of the changes to Boo to You this year. I'm fine ditching Buzz and the Incredibles in rental cars with more villains.

I still miss the Hundred Acre Wood section from years ago and do prefer the older hoedown with the cowboys/girls and Clarabelle.
It's not the same costume, it's a clone of the recent DLR version that was brought over for villains after hours.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
No, I agree.

Despite the extra tech and puppetry, the show is brought down by its poor music and story choices.
I remember seeing it during the debut season and feeling like I was hallucinating. Everyone around me was cheering and having a grand time, meanwhile I'm over here about to pull my hair out seeing princess ballroom scenes in what's supposed to be a Halloween show.

Meeko77

I agree - I miss Clarabelle being in the hoedown scene; Horace Horsecollar used to be part of that YEARS ago, and I feel it makes more sense having a cow and a horse in a hoedown than Goofy (no offense to Goofy). Glad the Country Bears and Clara Cluck are still included.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom