News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

ToTBellHop

I would be upset that I’m going on a sold-out night, but at least I won’t have to contend with bloggers and their obnoxious commentary on night 1. “Like, oh my god, GUYZZZZ! We’re like back in the Magic Kingdom!!!! Happy HalloweeeEEEEeeenn! Look at this adorable cupcake I’m holding and please don’t comment on my weird looking nails. Smash that ‘like’ and ‘subscribe’ button, okaaaAAAaaay?!?!”

Squishy

I would be upset that I’m going on a sold-out night, but at least I won’t have to contend with bloggers and their obnoxious commentary on night 1. “Like, oh my god, GUYZZZZ! We’re like back in the Magic Kingdom!!!! Happy HalloweeeEEEEeeenn! Look at this adorable cupcake I’m holding and please don’t comment on my weird looking nails. Smash that ‘like’ and ‘subscribe’ button, okaaaAAAaaay?!?!”
Last year's 2nd date was also sold out but it wasnt that crowded, unless the capacity is higher for this year?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Last year's 2nd date was also sold out but it wasnt that crowded, unless the capacity is higher for this year?

Proposal #1 - Higher party ticket prices
Proposal #2 - Higher party attendance

Bob and Josh:

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

But, in all seriousness, while they likely increased the number of tickets available slightly, I am not expecting a ton of sell outs this year. I would be very curious to hear from anyone who goes multiple times, particularly if one night is a sell out and at least one other isn't, to find out what crowds are like for each.

tanc

How many treats were you able to buy in one night? I remember back in 2019 stuff sold out super fast. Is it any better these days?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Proposal #1 - Higher party ticket prices
Proposal #2 - Higher party attendance

Bob and Josh:

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

But, in all seriousness, while they likely increased the number of tickets available slightly, I am not expecting a ton of sell outs this year. I would be very curious to hear from anyone who goes multiple times, particularly if one night is a sell out and at least one other isn't, to find out what crowds are like for each.

It does seem that they cut the numbers down that was the nightmare of 2018/2019. Those parties were unbearable when they sold out.

TheMaxRebo

It does seem that they cut the numbers down that was the nightmare of 2018/2019. Those parties were unbearable when they sold out.

Definitely - and I was glad to see that. I mean, it stinks to pay more now but not like they were cheap in 2019 and I would rather pay $40 more but get reasonable crowds than pay a little less but feel like I struggled to get to the stuff I wanted because too crowded

Hopefully they maintain last years max crowd level

tanc

Yeah if the crowds are better, it's going to be awesome. When I went to the first night it opened back in 2019, it was hell compared to 2013.

Are the parties having less people than before? Are they back to 2013 levels?

TheMaxRebo

Yeah if the crowds are better, it's going to be awesome. When I went to the first night it opened back in 2019, it was hell compared to 2013.

Are the parties having less people than before? Are they back to 2013 levels?

I believe last year the reports were definitely less than 2019 levels but probably not as low as 2013, somewhere in between - but enough of an impact made things much more enjoyable than in 2019

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I believe last year the reports were definitely less than 2019 levels but probably not as low as 2013, somewhere in between - but enough of an impact made things much more enjoyable than in 2019
Indeed. Just watch the live PoV blogs for those nights and it's obvious that last year's parties weren't like the overcrowded 2019 parties.

One could also wait for the first party night which is sold out and check out the live blogs to judge for oneself whether one considers it crowded or not.

Fido Chuckwagon

Indeed. Just watch the live PoV blogs for those nights and it's obvious that last year's parties weren't like the overcrowded 2019 parties.

One could also wait for the first party night which is sold out and check out the live blogs to judge for oneself whether one considers it crowded or not.
2019 was an oddball year because they sold the party annual pass and they miscalculated (I believe) how many parties those passholders/bloggers would go to (basically all of them).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Paying $149+/person just to be able to purchase “special” food items for another (likely) $12+ a pop. Yes. Well done. Maybe throw them another hundred per so you can have a couple of glasses of wine and some lame desserts. Really drive home how great of a job they’re doing.
Yeah, it's ridiculous, but better than $10 hot dogs and $5 popcorn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom