News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
How worth it is the dessert party if I want to try every dessert? Going to two parties so I was thinking about trying the dessert party out.
It gets you a seat and the usual assortment of pastries and alcohol. Nothing special other than you're not in the mosh pit. You don't see the first parade (its distant and even a 300 mm zoom doesnt help), but if you hang out after the fireworks, you can watch the second parade.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The options appear to be vastly improved this year. Well done, WDW.
Paying $149+/person just to be able to purchase “special” food items for another (likely) $12+ a pop. Yes. Well done. Maybe throw them another hundred per so you can have a couple of glasses of wine and some lame desserts. Really drive home how great of a job they’re doing.

Last edited:

JustInTime

Paying $149+/person just to be able to purchase “special” food items for another (likely) $12+ a pop. Yes. Well done. Maybe throw them another hundred per so you can have a couple of glasses of wine and some lame desserts. Really drive home how great of a job they’re doing.
So if/when you go you don’t plan to eat? I’m going to eat when I go regardless because I’ll get hungry. So what’s your point? Seems like you just want to be mad and nitpick over every single thing to me. :)

JohnD

JohnD

How worth it is the dessert party if I want to try every dessert? Going to two parties so I was thinking about trying the dessert party out.
The party within the party? I admit to having done a dessert party during regular hours but that's because the park is very full and I want a good spot. I also usually do the "after" party to allow people to leave the park while I indulge and relax. But doing the dessert party within the Halloween Party I don't think is worth it. There are already fewer people compared to regular hours and you're using up valuable time which you could be using doing other things such as M&Gs, stage show, and Boo to You Parade.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So if/when you go you don’t plan to eat? I’m going to eat when I go regardless because I’ll get hungry. So what’s your point? Seems like you just want to be mad and nitpick over every single thing to me. :)
I guess using some common sense and eating before going to the party and having a snack later in the evening so you can maximize your party time makes too much sense. They could also offer some of those non-dessert food items during the day and make money hand over fist instead of putting them behind a $149+ paywall. Silly me. Apparently that makes me "mad". :rolleyes:

JustInTime

I guess using some common sense and eating before going to the party and having a snack later in the evening so you can maximize your party time makes too much sense. They could also offer some of those non-dessert food items during the day and make money hand over fist instead of putting them behind a $149+ paywall. Silly me. Apparently that makes me "mad". :rolleyes:
It absolutely does. But by all means, keep planning my trip from your couch.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Some of the treats will be available for purchase during the day.

These parties are not cheap, so I agree with you about maximizing time. Imho, eating before the party is a good strategy, that's what I did last year, and that's what I plan to do this time around, too. If I get the munchies while at the party, I might get some popcorn or a treat, and that's it. But that's just me, to each their own.

JohnD

I hardly ever buy these treats but because they are party-specific, I might purchase one or two. I definitely wouldn't do an ADR during the party. But grazing on on one or two of these would be enough to suffice for my dinner. It's no different than visiting food booths in Epcot.

TheMaxRebo

According to the Walt Disney World website, the next Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party date to sell out is August 15.

and to compare to last year, that equivalent party (the 2nd of the year, first that is the "cheapest" price vs opening night) was also the 2nd to sell out and it sold out on July 28th - so we are 3 days ahead of last years pace

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You would just complain he didn’t send you two credit cards.

You have to have a backup, just in case the first one gets maxed out.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom