Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We are planning our second trip to WDW this October and we are going again. We did MNSSHP twice the first trip and we will be doing that again this time. My family loves the atmosphere, the meet and greets, just about everything included with MNSSHP. The only part of the party that doesn't matter to my family is the candy. For my family (4) it is still worth the cost in our opinion... But someday, that may not be the case, the prices have risen quite a bit since the last time we went (2015).

Tessaf, A moment ago Edit Delete Report
Why do I have a hot "edit" button on this post???

build_it

Quick question, how quickly do tickets sell out to these? Trying to balance paying for these with other things, and trying to see how fast they typically go. We are looking at the dates mid October.

Biff215

Quick question, how quickly do tickets sell out to these? Trying to balance paying for these with other things, and trying to see how fast they typically go. We are looking at the dates mid October.
Typically the closer you are to Halloween the more quickly they sell. Last year I believe only one or two sold out in advance IIRC. The higher ticket prices certainly have something to do with that. We'll be there in late August so we'll catch those, but like you, I'm holding out on buying for a little while since there's no advantage to buying early. I just hope those dates don't get extra interest from the late summer crowd, but I highly doubt they'll sell it out given how far from Halloween it is.

Kman101

Hallowishes, parade, Spelltacular?

While great, and they are, the fireworks and parade are long overdue for an overhaul. Spelltacular isn't worth it alone but I'd like to see it in person so I'm actually considering it. I saw the same parade and fireworks nearly ten years ago ...

ToTBellHop

While great, and they are, the fireworks and parade are long overdue for an overhaul. Spelltacular isn't worth it alone but I'd like to see it in person so I'm actually considering it. I saw the same parade and fireworks nearly ten years ago ...
Oh I agree. That's what's keeping us away. We saw it all two years in a row. We will try MVMCP this year for the first time. We will only willingly pay $400 for an evening so many times if nothing ever changes.

raymusiccity

:greedy::greedy::greedy: Disney isn't' stupid, after all.

Next year they're updating their pricing structure for a new celebration. Announcement coming soon for a contest to name the new parade! It will run Aug 15 through Jan 5.
santa-poking-out-carved-pumpkin-14684381.jpg

Jeremy P

Although Disney has stated that HalloWishes and Holiday Wishes will be returning this year, one of the CM's who worked on HEA stated on Twitter that discussions are being held about these shows but no decisions have been made yet. My assumption (like others have stated) is that it will be next year before these shows change over but I suppose there's always a possibility. Not trying to stir the pot, just wanted to add that info in for anyone who was curious.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
So it looks like in addition to Splash not being open for the MNSSHP, 7DMT and BTMM will also be closed. Makes me regret I purchased tickets for 8/26. I'll probably try to balance it out by bringing out buckets of candy.

ChrisM

Will we still be getting HalloWishes as the party fireworks show or is that being re-worked with the debut of HEA?

Bairstow

So it looks like in addition to Splash not being open for the MNSSHP, 7DMT and BTMM will also be closed. Makes me regret I purchased tickets for 8/26. I'll probably try to balance it out by bringing out buckets of candy.

Ouch!
Is that for the entire run of the party or just August?

MM311

Where did you hear about this? Even as greedy as WDW can be, I can't imagine they would have both of these closed for the party, especially whith Splash closed, but I guess crazier things have happened... Hopefully it's just a mistake

IanDLBZF

When I spoke to Disney earlier today they said they will be operating.....

Someone else also spoke to Disney today and was adamant they will running and its an error on the website.
Yeah, sounds more like a website error than anything else. Contacted Disney via email to clarify.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom