Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2016

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Some valid points there, fair dues. If it's effecting crowds then fair enough and may need taking into consideration when debating the issue. Being British (my apologies) I have little knowledge of 'Labor Day' other than it's a holiday you celebrate, if it clashes around Sep 2nd and effects crowds then that's probably not good.

I'd agree that I don't really want to hear Christmas music till December, however it wouldn't bother me if a separately ticketed event played it in November as that wouldn't effect me. I suppose it's an interesting argument as really what dates are deemed valid are a 'judgement call' and many people will judge it differently? For instance if one says start the Halloween event 7 days before the 31st then somebody will say "why not 6 days before" or "what's wrong with 8 days before".and we go from there. Throw in some common sense and we have a rather intriguing debate don't we :)

Anyhow Mrs Merg and I are going this year for the first time ever. We were in two minds when we thought there was no dressing up for adults, but now that's been resolved we've decided to go. I'm a little wary that it's not going to be that much different to the Magic Kingdom at night whenever the event isn't on, but we're giving it a try and we'll see what we think..
You and Mrs Merg will no doubt have great time. While I may not agree with the company having parties so early, Im excited for your first Halloween Party. I also like your suggestion of having a separate ticketed event. That would make more sense to me. I look forward to hearing about your experience at MNSSHP!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I see nothing wrong with the halloween parties being offered in September & October. They Halloween party is billed as a fall event September & October is designated as fall at Disney. As for not wanting Christmas in November I think you are in the minority because most guests seem to love it. Even on here people ask when do the decorations go up so they can begin trip planning. Yes it does make them money by offering the parties early but demand also requires it.
Thats kinda my whole point I guess. Just because demand requires it, does not always mean it is the best option, or that they should do it. Demand has required more attractions in HS for years now, yet they did nothing and even now that they have decided to do something, it will be around 2021 when its complete. The company has given back so little over the last 10 years in terms of what demand required and when they do give back, its in the form of an up charge event...and so many people applaud that effort, which is probly a good reason as to why they have not added more attractions where needed.

mergatroid

You and Mrs Merg will no doubt have great time. While I may not agree with the company having parties so early, Im excited for your first Halloween Party. I also like your suggestion of having a separate ticketed event. That would make more sense to me. I look forward to hearing about your experience at MNSSHP!

Thank you very much, we'll do our best to enjoy it and let you know :)

Still deciding on costumes at the moment. In England people don't make such an effort when it comes to fancy dress as you Americans do (or Halloween in general). One thing we've noticed when leaving the MK on days of MNSSHP is the very high standard of costume worn by those arriving for the evening, there are many absolutely superb costumes. I can't imagine how much some must spend on their costumes, they obviously take great pride in how they look.

We've found a site that sells various costumes (including many Mrs Merg wouldn't wear in public ;)) and will probably buy them from there and bring them over when we come. At the moment we're favouring either a doctor and a nurse (the respectable kind of nurse) or two Roman style costumes for us to wear. We won't look as good as most of the other people I'm sure but we'd like to make a bit of an effort at least.

Mike Nolan

Thank you very much, we'll do our best to enjoy it and let you know :)

Still deciding on costumes at the moment. In England people don't make such an effort when it comes to fancy dress as you Americans do (or Halloween in general). One thing we've noticed when leaving the MK on days of MNSSHP is the very high standard of costume worn by those arriving for the evening, there are many absolutely superb costumes. I can't imagine how much some must spend on their costumes, they obviously take great pride in how they look.

We've found a site that sells various costumes (including many Mrs Merg wouldn't wear in public ;)) and will probably buy them from there and bring them over when we come. At the moment we're favouring either a doctor and a nurse (the respectable kind of nurse) or two Roman style costumes for us to wear. We won't look as good as most of the other people I'm sure but we'd like to make a bit of an effort at least.
Some of us start as early as... now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom