Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2016

DisneyGigi

How magnanimous of you. Thanks for the permission to not attend. I was concerned about the possible repercussions. And yes, idiots throwing money at Disney for crap offerings has given Disney carte blanc to do as they please.

Enjoy your Halloween/Labor Day Celebration.
I have for years! :) Thank you so much for the well wishes, will enjoy myself in May too, but not paying for the after hours stuff. Booked Club Villain instead. ;)

Disneyhead'71

I have for years! :) Thank you so much for the well wishes, will enjoy myself in May too, but not paying for the after hours stuff. Booked Club Villain instead. ;)
BTW, MNSSHP isn't the crap event I was referring to. That's the $150/3hr thing. MNSSHP is well done and a lot of fun. I just disagree with starting it so early. Seeing pumpkins in August, well they might as well be Christmas Trees. I grew up where you had a back-up Eskimo costume just in case. 106 with the heat index is the exact opposite of Halloween.

ToTBellHop

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I actually don't mind the Halloween decorations appearing in August. Outside of the jackolanterns, most of the theming is found in locations across America starting in September. I also happen to love MK's Halloween decorations (in some ways better than Christmas). Disney would be foolish not to offer lots of parties. They are very well-regarded and I think still a reasonable value given the impeccable entertainment and lighting/fog in the park.

Planning on bring two little Miles-from-Tomorrowlands this fall!

As for complaints about September weather, it's Florida. It was 90 degrees last week. It was 90 degrees for our MNSSHP last October. Dare I say, Floridians are used to hot Halloweens. It's the atmosphere that counts.

Disneyhead'71

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I actually don't mind the Halloween decorations appearing in August. Outside of the jackolanterns, most of the theming is found in locations across America starting in September. I also happen to love MK's Halloween decorations (in some ways better than Christmas). Disney would be foolish not to offer lots of parties. They are very well-regarded and I think still a reasonable value given the impeccable entertainment and lighting/fog in the park.

Planning on bring two little Miles-from-Tomorrowlands this fall!

As for complaints about September weather, it's Florida. It was 90 degrees last week. It was 90 degrees for our MNSSHP last October. Dare I say, Floridians are used to hot Halloweens. It's the atmosphere that counts.
Why not start them June 2nd?

Maybe we can get Universal to do HHNs all year. I love HHNs.

ToTBellHop

Why not start them June 2nd?
. Disney has a whopping four event nights before Halloween Horror Nights starts. Y'all need to chill. I'm not one to use the old, "if it doesn't affect you, move on" line but in this case it fits. If you are visiting the first half of September and your fragile soul can't handle seeing the Headless Horseman, visit MK on one of the 11 nights out of 15 that do not feature him and have plain old Wishes. Shield your eyes and protect your children from the flickering jackolanterns, though. You may see a threatening cornstalk or shifty hay bale as well.

DisneyGigi

Complaining about crap charges is one thing, but
BTW, MNSSHP isn't the crap event I was referring to. That's the $150/3hr thing. MNSSHP is well done and a lot of fun. I just disagree with starting it so early. Seeing pumpkins in August, well they might as well be Christmas Trees. I grew up where you had a back-up Eskimo costume just in case. 106 with the heat index is the exact opposite of Halloween.
This is a MNSSHP thread, maybe complain about the other there. Nobody asks you to dress up in 106 degrees. It is optional just like the After Dark Parties, it happens early Septmember a lot. :) I know, I have been.

Lirael

I understand not being amused with halloween in September. But personally I'm thrilled since I've only ever been to wdw in july and december-february so I've never had the chance to see the halloween stuff before :D

DisneyGigi

I understand not being amused with halloween in September. But personally I'm thrilled since I've only ever been to wdw in july and december-february so I've never had the chance to see the halloween stuff before :D
The Halloween/Fall decorations go up regardless of the party start date, always late August. Last year's party started the 15th, we were there, 8-28-9-7, they went up by Sunday, like the 30th of August. Why the fussing over Halloween makes no sense to me?

Lirael

The Halloween/Fall decorations go up regardless of the party start date, always late August. Last year's party started the 15th, we were there, 8-28-9-7, they went up by Sunday, like the 30th of August. Why the fussing over Halloween makes no sense to me?
I was speaking of decorations+parties

mousehockey37

At this point, if it's only increased 15 dolars I'll be satisfied ;). Thanks

Just for a glimpse... These are the adult prices:

2013 Sept - $59/Advanced, $65/Day of, $56/AP&DVC
2013 Oct - $62/Advanced, $67/Day of, $58/AP&DVC

2014 -

Advanced Purchase
Advance Sales Pricing is available for all events except 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/30, & 10/31. For events on these dates, only Same-Day Sales Pricing applies.

September nights
Ages 10+ - $62 + tax
Ages 3 to 9 - $57 + tax

October nights
Ages 10+ - $67 + tax
Ages 3 to 9 - $62+ tax

Same Day Purchase
September nights
Ages 10+ - $68 + tax
Ages 3 to 9 - $63 + tax

October nights
Ages 10+ - $71 + tax
Ages 3 to 9 - $66+ tax

Premium Night
October 31 2014
Ages 10+ - $77 + tax
Ages 3 to 9 - $72 + tax

2015:

September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27; October 1
Advance: $68 (plus tax) for adults; $63 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
Day of the Event: $74 (plus tax) for adults; $69 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)

October 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, November 1
Advance: $74 (plus tax) for adults; $69 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
Day of the Event: $79 (plus tax) for adults; $74 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)

Halloween
$87 (plus tax) for adults; $82 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)

This is just for reference.

draybook

In all fairness, the first party of last year sold out. We were there, it was insane. Of course, the late Labor Day is why they had to start the parties later than normal. Glad to see them back on track.

prfctlyximprct

BDF7839D-EDBD-4AF8-9030-23D6251C6BAE_zps24oa7qfo.jpg

Dizknee_Phreek

Hmm. I have mixed feelings. I've only been to the Halloween party once, back in 2008. I had an absolute blast (despite it raining for about half of it) as Halloween is my favorite holiday. I think it would be fun to do it again. And the day of the party during our visit is Sept. 8, which is our anniversary. But, tickets just to get into the parks are already so costly. Do I really want to add an extra nearly $200 to what we're already paying? My biggest concern, though, is that I was crossing my fingers for slim(ish) crowds right after Labor Day. Will the earlier party dates cause larger crowds during the week?

Tony the Tigger

Hmm. I have mixed feelings. I've only been to the Halloween party once, back in 2008. I had an absolute blast (despite it raining for about half of it) as Halloween is my favorite holiday. I think it would be fun to do it again. And the day of the party during our visit is Sept. 8, which is our anniversary. But, tickets just to get into the parks are already so costly. Do I really want to add an extra nearly $200 to what we're already paying? My biggest concern, though, is that I was crossing my fingers for slim(ish) crowds right after Labor Day. Will the earlier party dates cause larger crowds during the week?

Sept 8 is our anniversary, also! Spent at WDW at least every other year.

Tony the Tigger

Awesome!! This will be our 4th anniversary, but our first trip to WDW together :) I haven't been since 2008, and my husband hasn't been since 1998. We're super excited, to say the least!

Our 4th was particularly memorable, if only for the stunning dinner with wine pairings at the Flying Fish Cafe. Absolutely blew us away, and although we've had many great meals on property, our second best dinner was again at the Flying Fish last year (then our 8th year.)

The main reason I'm leaning Christmas rather than Halloween is hubby is type I diabetic, so...the whole candy thing...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom