Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2016

BaconPancakes

People have different preferences. Personally, seeing my kids Trick-or-Treat in the MK, riding HM, and seeing Boo to You, Spelltacular, and Hallowishes is worth the money. The loss of characters is unfortunate, but I wouldn't be waiting in a two-hour line to meet a rare character anyway.

Maybe we shouldn't over-simplify and imply that all party-goers are buffoons.
Thank you. I couldn't care less about meeting a "rare" character and standing in some huge line, wasting precious park time. Frankly I find it odd that people are willing to stand in those lines, but to each their own.

Nmoody1

Thank you. I couldn't care less about meeting a "rare" character and standing in some huge line, wasting precious park time. Frankly I find it odd that people are willing to stand in those lines, but to each their own.

At the risk of getting the 'disney is a business' line, back in the day when the parks used to close at 5pm and the party started at 7, there wasn't 2 hour lines to meet rare characters - because tickets were limited. There wasn't the crowding along the parade route. Because these days the parties host crowds and crowds of people. Park time at the parties isn't precious... You can do 'the park' any day of the year.

It's all relative. I appreciate you spend the party as you wish, same as others should appreciate those that want to meet 'premium' characters at a premium ticketed event.

Bocabear

AMEN! Disney has done their best to get people all whipped up about meeting the characters to hide the fact that they were not investing back into the parks... That is the main reason that they have stagnated... I would be happy if characters went away completely and new attractions were built...

BaconPancakes

Park time at the parties isn't precious... You can do 'the park' any day of the year.
Yeah if you live in Orlando maybe. The party will be my only time in the park for the year, so yes my time there is "precious." The last thing I would do would be waste time in a character line.

mm52200

People have different preferences. Personally, seeing my kids Trick-or-Treat in the MK, riding HM, and seeing Boo to You, Spelltacular, and Hallowishes is worth the money. The loss of characters is unfortunate, but I wouldn't be waiting in a two-hour line to meet a rare character anyway.

Why can't we have both? Just because you don't enjoy meeting rare characters doesn't mean it justifies taking it away for the people who do enjoy that...

wdwfan22

For those complaining about the lack of premium characters, they never advertise that the party will feature hard to meet characters. In fact the exact wording is ... Meet many of your favorite Disney Characters, some dressed in their own special Halloween costumes. On any party night there are more then 30 characters available.

asianway

For those complaining about the lack of premium characters, they never advertise that the party will feature hard to meet characters. In fact the exact wording is ... Meet many of your favorite Disney Characters, some dressed in their own special Halloween costumes. On any party night there are more then 30 characters available.
We're simply comparing it to the effort put forth 10 years ago

brb1006

AMEN! Disney has done their best to get people all whipped up about meeting the characters to hide the fact that they were not investing back into the parks... That is the main reason that they have stagnated... I would be happy if characters went away completely and new attractions were built...
Try explaining that to the Japanese Disney fans.

Looking at you Tokyo Disneyland.

brb1006

Why not both?

BaconPancakes

Nice try though sweetie

tumblr_inline_n9y54vlmrt1ri460d.png

wdwfan22

Doesn't mean they shouldn't make an effort to bring out some rarer characters when these premium events. Though I don't know why I am even engaging with you, you defend every entertainment cut Disney does.

And they have, because you have the chance to meet Lotso, Jack & Sally as well as the seven dwarfs. Just because you don't approve of the line up doesn't mean it's a bad character line up.

wdwfan22

Certainly not bad by any means, just weak (imo). I get the event is called "not so scary" but I don't see why they can't have more Villains and less day characters meeting. I'd pay the price increase if that was the case.

I have often wondered that myself. The only thing I can come up with is that they still have to offer a variety of the every day characters to avoid complaints that Mickey or Donald was not available during the party. I'm sure Face characters are also harder to come by as well.

asianway

And they have, because you have the chance to meet Lotso, Jack & Sally as well as the seven dwarfs. Just because you don't approve of the line up doesn't mean it's a bad character line up.
Lotso - Ill give you that one
Jack and Sally - meet daily at Disneyland during HalloweenTime
Dwarfs - used to be a big deal, but then they started doing them back to back. And added to the Christmas parties. They are a huge labor suck that are now out no less than 60 days a year.

wdwfan22

Lotso - Ill give you that one
Jack and Sally - meet daily at Disneyland during HalloweenTime
Dwarfs - used to be a big deal, but then they started doing them back to back. And added to the Christmas parties. They are a huge labor suck that are now out no less than 60 days a year.

Disneyland isn't Walt Disney World though, and they are daily there because of Haunted Mansion Holiday. They don't need to be daily at Magic Kingdom. The Dwarfs are still a big deal. Not every guests goes to both the Halloween & Christmas parties. For quite a few guests it's a once in a lifetime shot. There has to be a balance of every day characters as well as those special rare meetings.

asianway

Disneyland isn't Walt Disney World though, and they are daily there because of Haunted Mansion Holiday. They don't need to be daily at Magic Kingdom. The Dwarfs are still a big deal. Not every guests goes to both the Halloween & Christmas parties. For quite a few guests it's a once in a lifetime shot. There has to be a balance of every day characters as well as those special rare meetings.
So whats their excuse(since you seem to have more than an Entertainment VP) for not having Mickey and the gang in Halloween outfits all day at WDW as they do at DL? Goofy at the Halloween Party doesnt even have a unique outfit.

Any idea why they do not allow fast passes during the event. Kinda frustrating to pay all that money and have them actually take that option away. I realize the lines maybe shorter but I want to spend as little time in line as possible so I can experience more of the events.

WDWYankee15

Any idea why they do not allow fast passes during the event. Kinda frustrating to pay all that money and have them actually take that option away. I realize the lines maybe shorter but I want to spend as little time in line as possible so I can experience more of the events.
Staffing.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm all for no FP during events. It is much nicer to be able to just freestyle it and not be locked down to a schedule. Most rides are walk on, with the majority hanging on Main Street for the entertainment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom