Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2016

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Question. We are attending this year, but will be driving over from Uni for the party on October 21st. Read through the new costume policy - wasn't in place when we went last year. Will they let us in at 4:00 in costume? Some of us let their APs expire (not me!), so they don't have a park ticket for that say, just the Halloween party ticket. Hoping we don't have to enter at 4:00 in street clothes, store our costumes in a locker and then change into them after 7:00pm. Thanks.

MagicHappens1971

Question. We are attending this year, but will be driving over from Uni for the party on October 21st. Read through the new costume policy - wasn't in place when we went last year. Will they let us in at 4:00 in costume? Some of us let their APs expire (not me!), so they don't have a park ticket for that say, just the Halloween party ticket. Hoping we don't have to enter at 4:00 in street clothes, store our costumes in a locker and then change into them after 7:00pm. Thanks.
They will let you in at 4 with your costume.

JustInTime

The Orange/Vanilla swirl is at sunshine tree terrace. Candy corn soft serve is at sleepy hollow refreshments. They are two different products.
trust me, it may not be the case now, but the "candy corn" ice cream was half orange flavored half vanilla. Very pointless. And it was available in fantasyland at storybook treats. :)

JohnD

costume question for the party- I have a costume I have worn to multiple parties, but not to one since the guidelines changed- It's a prince outfit that has a cape that goes to just above the knee. The adult section states no cape below the waist- I didn't know if this was actually followed or just additional searches could happen...some of the costumes i've seen allowed thus far this year seem far more "covering" and was curious (before I spend the time to dig it out and prepare it). Thanks!

e1860fdab44d86c209a8c58ebbb64dd5.jpg

asianway

trust me, it may not be the case now, but the "candy corn" ice cream was half orange flavored half vanilla. Very pointless. And it was available in fantasyland at storybook treats. :)
I can vouch they used to sell orange soft serve in Adventureland at one point so they certainly had the product on hand

brb1006

eeyoremum

From the prospective of villains, she was unfortunately be disappointed. Villains are scary and this is "Not So Scary." Don't want to offend the kids. :eek:

There is a great show on the castle stage where she will see some villains, but not meet them. Also there are villains in the parade. Other than that, the event lacks much else in regards to villains. In fact it lacks much else other than the same character units one can meet on most days at the MK. The ones that are more rare (Jack & Sally, 7 Dwarfs) will have very long lines.

They actually had a great time. She loves Nightmare before Christmas and was happy to see Jack and Sally.

They both said character interactions at the party and in general where excellent.

WDWYankee15

They actually had a great time. She loves Nightmare before Christmas and was happy to see Jack and Sally.

They both said character interactions at the party and in general where excellent.
I am glad to hear this. However regrettably she doesn't know what she missed. It is this sentiment that most here are upset with. The continued watering down of quality and "show" from what we know they are capable of and once prided themselves in. On top of that the continued price increase at the same time as cuts.

It is unfortunately your daughter that the company will point to as an example of as a "see we can keep raising prices. People will come. They will have a great time and tell everyone they did."

I am not criticizing you or your daughter. I am truly happy she has a great time. I am just stating facts and my opinion on the state of affairs. I also think her great time would have bee an amazing time, at a much cheaper cost, just a few years back.

eeyoremum

I am glad to hear this. However regrettably she doesn't know what she missed. It is this sentiment that most here are upset with. The continued watering down of quality and "show" from what we know they are capable of and once prided themselves in. On top of that the continued price increase at the same time as cuts.

It is unfortunately your daughter that the company will point to as an example of as a "see we can keep raising prices. People will come. They will have a great time and tell everyone they did."

I am not criticizing you or your daughter. I am truly happy she has a great time. I am just stating facts and my opinion on the state of affairs. I also think her great time would have bee an amazing time, at a much cheaper cost, just a few years back.

No offence taken. It is actually my son's girlfriend. Her family has gone much less than we have. My son had fun too but has said:

No more POP Century it has changed since the last time we stayed there

No more dinning plan. He likes the food but said it would have been better to take the room discount.

He enjoyed the party because she did (ah...young love) but he said it was nothing like the P&P Party we attended years ago

EvilQueen-T

These rules don't seem all that restrictive considering there was chatter of Disney outright banning anyone over the age of 14 from wearing costumes of any type this year. Much ado about nothing, imo.

I can see where people are getting frustrated with trying to follow the rule tho because if you watch on a regular park day you'll always see people that are wearing their cosplay costumes and a lot of them are pretty spot on. The only part of their rules I don't really see why they have it is the length of a dress. Women wear full length maxi dresses, religious related dress etc... all the time.

EvilQueen-T

During the party are they still having various characters including villains coming out during the dance party in the diamond horseshoe review? We haven't been to the MNSSHP since 2014 and they had a mix of them then...just wondering if this has been cut.

ToTBellHop

Ah the days of parties being the go to place for entertainment, rare characters and a free photo. It's sad how people just settle.
People have different preferences. Personally, seeing my kids Trick-or-Treat in the MK, riding HM, and seeing Boo to You, Spelltacular, and Hallowishes is worth the money. The loss of characters is unfortunate, but I wouldn't be waiting in a two-hour line to meet a rare character anyway.

Maybe we shouldn't over-simplify and imply that all party-goers are buffoons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom