Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2016

JohnD

I would assume they require a MNSSHP band to see event-exclusive M&Gs, no? It wouldn't be hard to do.

I really don't know. If they're meeting outside and you're already in the park, you would need to get your party band STAT so that you could quickly get in line for a 4pm M&G. Maybe someone can confirm. But this could be something that would offset the previous poster's concern about party goers being able to access FP+ during party hours. Maybe regular guests could get in line for early M&G. But probably only one at 4pm sharp as the lines fill up. Once you're done with that M&G, good luck on any other. The lines would already be too long to see another one before 7pm.

asianway

I really don't know. If they're meeting outside and you're already in the park, you would need to get your party band STAT so that you could quickly get in line for a 4pm M&G. Maybe someone can confirm. But this could be something that would offset the previous poster's concern about party goers being able to access FP+ during party hours. Maybe regular guests could get in line for early M&G. But probably only one at 4pm sharp as the lines fill up. Once you're done with that M&G, good luck on any other. The lines would already be too long to see another one before 7pm.
you could see them - but you need a band to meet them

WhatJaneSays

HHN started tonight. An event which is almost all newly imagined every year.

I have no idea how they stay in business

If by "newly imagined" you mean: how can we reuse 75-90% of our infrastructure from years past and make it look new and different with 1 new house and minimal re-dressing of sets.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Halloween Horror Nights but I've been almost every year since it's inception and the pattern of houses, props, zones, and themes are very predictable. Is it mostly "new" every year? More so that MNSSHP, sure, but I almost always get my dollars worth out of MNSSHP and only about half the time out of HHN.

(As an aside: I'm actually not sure how HHN doesn't get shutdown some nights with the amount of escalating bad behavior I've seen in the last 5-8 years.)

RSoxNo1

Just a quick thank you.
I didnt realize i could set fast passes for the 4pm entrance.
i now have two set for September 23rd for splash mountain and little mermaid.

Anyone that has gone... how is the line for pirates?
every time we go i take a picture of my son at the seat and table and i didnt want to miss that and schedule a fast pass for it.
14355671_1973727909520870_5104444758333770689_n.jpg
14355050_1973727922854202_5087106696922542159_n.jpg
Am I the only one that didn't know this was a thing?

Jon81uk

From what I've read the queue is starting around 4pm, but the characters don't come out until 5pm or 6pm. I've also read that only those with a band will meet the characters, the most regular guests can do is get a picture from afar of other guests stood with the character.

huwar18

Those three FP+ are no longer available to those who have paid to be there during the day from 4-7 when they are ceremoniously booted out (or gloved out as it may be). It needs to be recognized that while not having as much impact as the early close on so many nights during party season, non-party goers get that shaft here too.

I see your point...However, I redid my fastpasses yesterday and most of the rides are still available. It is probably because it is a slower year than normal. The only ride that was out was Peter Pan. I think Disney allows the people going to the party to reserve fastpasses because the website/system cannot tell if they are only using a special ticket that day. Technically , I could use a regular park ticket and my special event ticket on the same day.

mgpan

you could see them - but you need a band to meet them

Yes, any party activity requires a band regardless of if it actually happens during the party of before it. Cast members "guard" these pretty severely. This includes purchasing party themed merchandise if you were so inclined. It is a difficult situation, you can't really have or perhaps just don't want to have a "holding area" for so many guests that doesn't allow access to attractions (e.g. Main Street or Wishes backstage exit, although i believe Universal manages to have a holding area for HHN early entrants), and it's not fair to those paying extra $$$ to have to share party exclusives with day guests. But the day guest should not have reduced FP+ availability and longer wait times during a time they've paid for either.

If a wristband can be used to only allow access to certain things from 7- midnight for the party goers, could a wristband be issued to day guests ticket holders and be required for access to attractions and non-party exclusive M&Gs from 4-7?

This would allow for the early access/crowd control for MNSSHP, party guests could also begin to enjoy early M&Gs and exclusive shopping, while not impacting day guests access during those three hours.

JohnD

I see your point...However, I redid my fastpasses yesterday and most of the rides are still available. It is probably because it is a slower year than normal. The only ride that was out was Peter Pan. I think Disney allows the people going to the party to reserve fastpasses because the website/system cannot tell if they are only using a special ticket that day. Technically , I could use a regular park ticket and my special event ticket on the same day.

Yes. If you only had a party ticket, technically you could reserve all three FPs before guests for the party are allowed to enter at 4pm which wouldn't do you any good, of course.

brb1006

Go back 10 years+

2003 Stromboli, Foulfellow, Ratcliffe, Big Bad, Olie and Zoe, Goliath Gargoyle, Phoebus, Quasimodo, Clopin, Esmerelda to name a few.
2004 Sora, Mr Walrus, Quasimodo and Esmerelda, etc

In years past the Company made an attempt to change it up. Now it's the same year after year.
Would it take some work to get a few out that don't normally appear? It comes down to taking the easy route.
Wait Mr Walrus was at WDW in 2004?

PorterRedkey

Yes. If you only had a party ticket, technically you could reserve all three FPs before guests for the party are allowed to enter at 4pm which wouldn't do you any good, of course.

We have decided to go to MNSSHP while we visit Universal, so this will be our only time in the parks this trip. So what I did was scheduled a FP+ for the Jungle Cruise at 5:00, since it will be closed during the party.

Kuzcotopia

What does "sold out" on 10/31 mean about crowds? I realize lots of people will be there but hopefully still lower than some peak periods of normal attendance at MK.

I'm going in the 31st. It's my first time at one of these things.

Wondering about how many tickets as well. . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom