Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2016

Disneykings

You can't understand why any families paying a fortune to attend a Halloween party in the Magic Kingdom in costume might want to take their kids trick-or-treating? I doubt people are concerned with the absolute value of the candy and more in the incalculable value of taking your kids trick-or-treating in The Most Magical Place on Earth.

I agree, its all part of the magic. With the added bonus for us being British and from an area where trick or treating does not happen. Our daughter is fascinated by the idea of collecting sweets, or candy as she always corrects me. She hates sweets, we left our bags for our mouse keepers to eat along with there tips. Its just another experience for her to treasure.

Lirael

I'm going for the first time, since ticket prices for mid September remained reasonable.

Trick or Treating isn't done in my country, so even if its just "getting bad candy" I'm going to try participating (if they allow adults to do it, which it seems they do)

And if I'm paying nearly 80 dolars per person, I'm going to do everything I'm entitled to.

Disneykings

I'm going for the first time, since ticket prices for mid September remained reasonable.

Trick or Treating isn't done in my country, so even if its just "getting bad candy" I'm going to try participating (if they allow adults to do it, which it seems they do)

And if I'm paying nearly 80 dolars per person, I'm going to do everything I'm entitled to.

We all got given bags last time, adults and children. We filled two out of three bags and only went to 4 candy stops. You get a handful eat time.

ToTBellHop

On average how long do you wait per candy stop?
We go right to the candy trail that starts in Storybook Circus at 7 pm and don't wait at all. Plus you get to stop at 3 stops and get a good deal of candy. That deposits our very-excited children in Tomorrowland with candy, we are done trick-or-treating by 7:15 pm and free to enjoy the other festivities (including the dance party right there in Tomorrowland that allows them to dance with Mike and Sully).

jaklgreen

Again no availability this year for a party of 1(or 2). Last year was the same thing that they were only selling tables for 4 and when I went to the party they had a bunch of empty tables that they did not sell because they refused to put just 1 or 2 ppl at them. So basically they left them empty instead of selling me a ticket.

mergatroid

Again no availability this year for a party of 1(or 2). Last year was the same thing that they were only selling tables for 4 and when I went to the party they had a bunch of empty tables that they did not sell because they refused to put just 1 or 2 ppl at them. So basically they left them empty instead of selling me a ticket.

You sure it's not a hygiene issue you're known for :)

Only joking, seems a rather harsh policy!!!!

jaklgreen

You sure it's not a hygiene issue you're known for :)

Only joking, seems a rather harsh policy!!!!

Well, I just called them and of course the agent was no help. But he did say it didn't look right. There was plenty of spots left and you can pretty much book for any amount of people from 3 people up, but you can not book for 2 or less. He said to email Disney.

mergatroid

Well, I just called them and of course the agent was no help. But he did say it didn't look right. There was plenty of spots left and you can pretty much book for any amount of people from 3 people up, but you can not book for 2 or less. He said to email Disney.

From a business perspective I can understand them not wanting empty seats (less money) by having lots of 1's & 2's at tables. However I'm surprised they don't put in the small print that if there's empty chairs at your table that other party guests may be placed there allowing more people to book and not discriminating against singles or couples? My wife and I have sat with some really odd strangers over the years at some of the fast food restaurants at Disney.

EpcotCenter82

I needed a table for one and asked the CM if I made a reservation for 3, could she then modify the reservation and remove two people. She didn't know but said "Let's try it" . . . . . and it worked! The only downside is that your credit card is initially charged for 3 people and then is credited back for the other 2. The credit may not show up on your card for several days. I checked MDE several minutes after making the reservation and it was there for only one person.

NelleBelle

Forked out the $105 for each of my family of 4 for 10/31 yesterday :eek:. This will likely be our last party if the prices continue to rise this incredibly fast. We would've loved to have gone in Sept/early Oct but we figured since we are going on a DCL Halloween cruise, might as well make it a Halloween trip to the World as well. The hard part will be trying to fit my 2 kids with costumes that "coordinate" with mine and the hubby's without them getting suspicious as the cruise and trip to WDW are going to be a complete surprise (I hope)! So excited that the adults can dress up :D

jaklgreen

I needed a table for one and asked the CM if I made a reservation for 3, could she then modify the reservation and remove two people. She didn't know but said "Let's try it" . . . . . and it worked! The only downside is that your credit card is initially charged for 3 people and then is credited back for the other 2. The credit may not show up on your card for several days. I checked MDE several minutes after making the reservation and it was there for only one person.

That's crazy that we have to do that. If I decide to book, I might try that.

mergatroid

Forked out the $105 for each of my family of 4 for 10/31 yesterday :eek:. This will likely be our last party if the prices continue to rise this incredibly fast. We would've loved to have gone in Sept/early Oct but we figured since we are going on a DCL Halloween cruise, might as well make it a Halloween trip to the World as well. The hard part will be trying to fit my 2 kids with costumes that "coordinate" with mine and the hubby's without them getting suspicious as the cruise and trip to WDW are going to be a complete surprise (I hope)! So excited that the adults can dress up :D

Indeed

wink1.jpg

JustInTime

Table for what? Desert party? Confused because it seems you are jumping into a conversation without replying haha :)

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
One thing to remember is that the special Halloween parade is only shown during the party - never during any normal park day. If you like parades that is. The Christmas parade is shown during regular park days the last few weeks of December, so not as much an exclusive as the Halloween parade.

JustInTime

I assumed the poster was referring to the Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package - at least that's what I was responding to in my previous post.
It just helps to use the quote feature so the thread remains organized. I was scared the member was saying 2 people couldn't get into the party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom