Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween 9/14 worst one ever

marinoalulema

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I have been to the MNSSHP a couple of times now, we went for the first day this year on 9/14 and I have to say, it was the worst one EVER
I was dressed as Jack Skellington and we arrived shortly after 7pm, it poured down for over 2 hours, Main Street was totally flooded with about 6 inches of water

Parades were canceled, there was only 1 firework show which was constantly postponed, there was only one show in front of the castle and it was too mobbed to even get close to see the villains afterwards, trick and treat stations were moved around but not all of the markers showing where they are were not relocated
People were walking around in the rain trying to find them only to get more fustrated

Most all rides were shut down for most of the night

I know that there is no way Disney can predict the weather but there were not adequate alternate plans in case of weather. Come one now, this is Florida. We all know it can rain at any minute and there should have been some kind of plan.

Here is an example
Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters were suppose to be in Belle's Story Garden but because of the rain their appearance was canceled.
They should have been moved to Toon Town and put in one of the meet and greet rooms. There are three rooms and one of them was closed. One was suppose to have suprise guests which turned out to be the Queen of Hearts and Mad Hatter. The other room had Suzy and Pearla. That was no suprise at all. They can all be found around the park or at a couple of character meals.

The Tremaine family should have been moved there as well as the character in costume meet and greets that could not be done in the park as well as the characters from the parade that could not perform in the parades.

Finally the weather cleared up and some of the rides reopened but most people just left before 10pm. We did get to go around trick and treating, most stations handed out up to 3 pieces of candy, some stations only gave 1. They could have been a little more generous under the circumstances.

We did get to ride Haunted Mansion just before midnight. All in all, we only got 2 hours that night to actually walk around and enjoy the park.

We left around 1215 and started to walk towards the monorail when we overheard someone asking their companion if they got one of the certificates for a free pass that they were handing out. I followed them back and got myself one. There was one woman handing out the papers if you asked for it. She was in the far off left side of the turnstiles. No one made any announcements, no one was yelling it out. If you were not nosy enought to ask her what she was doing at the front entrance, you did not get the free pass to come back another day.

Weather aside, just taking into consideration of how the situation was handled, out of a ten i would give it a ZERO.

ebarrett

I had reservations for the Magical Fireworks Voyage that same night. IT was cancelled due to the weather. They told us that we were only going to get a 50% refund. We had to argue our point and only group-by-group did some people get a full refund. I agree with you, Disney needs to do a better job of customer service in situations like yours and mine.

TP2000

Why they built a theme park in the middle of a rainy swamp I'll never understand. Honestly, central Florida has some of the worst weather I've ever experienced in my life. :eek:

Ilovewishes

All I have to say is, Imagine how it would be in Britain! When you're supposed to have nice weather, it's cold, wet and miserable! If you know there's a good chance of rain, why not go when it's less likely? :veryconfu

LandBoatride

Why they built a theme park in the middle of a rainy swamp I'll never understand. Honestly, central Florida has some of the worst weather I've ever experienced in my life. :eek:

On the other hand, why someone would book a non-refundable event for only 5 hours at such a steep price, when they know bad weather is a possibility, I will never understand. The parties are a rip-off, pure and simple. Buy a bag of candy at Wal-Mart for $3 and save the other $50. You can dress up in the park as a pirate, princess, or fugly tourist 365 days a year for 12+ hours in the park instead of just 5 hours.

Just my two cents :)

In all seriousness, I think most on here know that when they complain to Disney enough, they get want they want. In this case, it sounds like some sort of compensation was offered if you pursued it. Could they have handled some things better? Probably so. On the flip side, does it say on every ticket pourchased that it is non-refundable, regardless of weather? Yes. Buyer beware, take some personal responsibility.

I went to a local college football game this season, and due to thunderstorms the game wasn't even finished. My $40 face value ticket was not refunded. Life deals lemons, make lemonade or make a sour face. Your choice.

DAWGFAN

Sorry to hear you guys had a rough night. My family loves the parties as well and it has been our experiences in the past that whenever we went to the first night nothing seems to work the way it is suppose to if at all and the parades and fireworks are usually late. We have come to the conclusion that it takes Disney a night or two to work out the challanges each year when the parties start so we no longer try to make it until after 4 or 5 parties have past. I am glad to hear you found the passes for a free night but Disney does not advertise or annouce anything like this you have to ask around and it never hurts to ask.

Laura

Premium Member

You need to do some more traveling then. :lol:

Try visiting a place with 3-6 feet of snow on the ground from October to April.

Central Florida had some of the BEST WEATHER I've experienced in my life. :shrug:

cooleo

You need to do some more traveling then. :lol:

Try visiting a place with 3-6 feet of snow on the ground from October to April.

Central Florida had some of the BEST WEATHER I've experienced in my life. :shrug:

I agree. Ii have been in many a Florida rain showers & short of a Tropical System, none of them have ever come close to the monsoons we every summer afternoon here in Louisiana. Not to mention the rest of the year. After all, if the weather is so bad in Florida, Why did they nickname it the "Sunshine State"? :lol:

Ella's Mommy

They did have the parade and just before it started I was able to get a curbside seat. As for the rides everyone I went to was open. And my mom and aunt were getting HANDFULS of candy. We only stopped at three station and they both had half a bag of candy each. The weather was horrible but when u get lemons u make lemonade. I think disney did a great job considering the heavens opened up and dumped crazy amounts of rain.

GOOD JOB DISNEY:sohappy:

minnie2000

Did Disney give out free passes for a day at a park, or free tickets to another MNSSHP?

We'll be there at the end of October, and I am not sure whether to get tickets or not. I don't mind getting rained off if I get the chance to go another night.

CrashNet

If you read the back of the ticket, it says "rain or shine." They can't build a giant bubble over the park to keep the rain out. It happens and its unfortunate, but its the gamble you take.

wdwmomof3

We have never gone to one of these for this very reason but I was just wondering if you could buy the tickets at the gate to avoid this problem. You could check the weather and then decide what to do. :shrug:

We were at Disney the day that this happened to the OP and the weather did get bad that night. We were at Epcot and the lighting was very bad so we left before the storm hit. I was a little disappointed in our trip because we missed wishes, the kiss goodnight & illuminations because of storms at night but we still had a GREAT time. Things happen that are out of our control and you just have to roll with it and don't let it get you down. :)

ThinkTink721

Maybe one day w/ technology they will be able to build some sort of clear dome over the entire park so that rain, etc. won't even matter.
If they wanted to expand the park, they could just make smaller domes off of the main one.
:shrug:

raven

Did Disney give out free passes for a day at a park, or free tickets to another MNSSHP?

We'll be there at the end of October, and I am not sure whether to get tickets or not. I don't mind getting rained off if I get the chance to go another night.

Yes. They gave out vouchers to gusts as we were leaving the party for a free entry into the MK on any day 365 days from the time it is issued.

JWG

I have to hope this was somewhat in jest. One of the few places that has better weather is southern Cal and last I checked Disney was already there, too.

It's a risk to do the special events, you never know what may happen. At the high cost you have to hope they're prepared for handle it but at the same time there's only so much you can do at an outdoor park. Maybe they should move the event to Epcot, but kids don't like Epcot, they like the Magic Kingdom...

Someone mentioned on another thread, just because it rained doesn't mean Disney didn't still incur all of the expenses of being open (staff, consumables, etc.).

Jerm

We left around 1215 and started to walk towards the monorail when we overheard someone asking their companion if they got one of the certificates for a free pass that they were handing out. I followed them back and got myself one. There was one woman handing out the papers if you asked for it. She was in the far off left side of the turnstiles. No one made any announcements, no one was yelling it out. If you were not nosy enought to ask her what she was doing at the front entrance, you did not get the free pass to come back another day.

Weather aside, just taking into consideration of how the situation was handled, out of a ten i would give it a ZERO.

Rain or Shine! You should be happy you got what you did, they do that as a way to STOP people from whining cause they didn't read the tickets. They could say "TOO BAD" and you would have no legs to stand on. Here is a hammer, some wood, and some nails... now build a bridge and get over it.:ROFLOL:

Stitch69

I have been to the MNSSHP a couple of times now, we went for the first day this year on 9/14 and I have to say, it was the worst one EVER
I was dressed as Jack Skellington and we arrived shortly after 7pm, it poured down for over 2 hours, Main Street was totally flooded with about 6 inches of water

Parades were canceled, there was only 1 firework show which was constantly postponed, there was only one show in front of the castle and it was too mobbed to even get close to see the villains afterwards, trick and treat stations were moved around but not all of the markers showing where they are were not relocated
People were walking around in the rain trying to find them only to get more fustrated

Most all rides were shut down for most of the night

I know that there is no way Disney can predict the weather but there were not adequate alternate plans in case of weather. Come one now, this is Florida. We all know it can rain at any minute and there should have been some kind of plan.

Here is an example
Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters were suppose to be in Belle's Story Garden but because of the rain their appearance was canceled.
They should have been moved to Toon Town and put in one of the meet and greet rooms. There are three rooms and one of them was closed. One was suppose to have suprise guests which turned out to be the Queen of Hearts and Mad Hatter. The other room had Suzy and Pearla. That was no suprise at all. They can all be found around the park or at a couple of character meals.

The Tremaine family should have been moved there as well as the character in costume meet and greets that could not be done in the park as well as the characters from the parade that could not perform in the parades.

Finally the weather cleared up and some of the rides reopened but most people just left before 10pm. We did get to go around trick and treating, most stations handed out up to 3 pieces of candy, some stations only gave 1. They could have been a little more generous under the circumstances.

We did get to ride Haunted Mansion just before midnight. All in all, we only got 2 hours that night to actually walk around and enjoy the park.

I am sorry but i think you are making too much out of this. Disney cannot control the weather and why should they have to give you a free pass?? Haunted Mansion was down for rehab...alot of people go not knowing that .....should they get their money back>NO! :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom