Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween 9/14 worst one ever

Cynderella

We were there that night and I must agree it was HORRIBLE. I felt a little gyped because of the rain because I mainly go to meet the different characters. I've never been to the Halloween party because we ususally come the end of Nov and go to MVMCP. So I was super excited to see this one and it was a little disappointing not seeing it in its fully glory because I have heard its better than the christmas party. I do understand it's not Disney's fault it poured cats and dogs. But I was pretty miserable with soaking wet shoes and walking through 4 inches (literally!) of water in tomorrowland. We did get to see the fireworks which were awesome and Im sure they are better in non rain. I was quite pleased to get the free ticket voucher because like I said I did feel a little gyped and that was a VERY nice (& not expected) Disney thing to do.

Cynderella

Not to be mean but people do not get sick because of "weather" ...of my many pet peaves that myth ranks high on the list.

Haha agreed! My grandmother would always tell me I was going to get sick with a wet head when we would camp in the fall. I never got sick!

Lauralee

Not to be mean but people do not get sick because of "weather" ...of my many pet peaves that myth ranks high on the list.
Well, my brother sure did.

Back to the topic, Disney did their best for the most part. They kept most of the rides open, except for the ones that were dangerous.
My only problem was they had characters at the back of the long line at Cosmic Rays, and kids were sliding all over the place to run and get to them. Then one of the characters started dancing when I walked by and I slid and almost twisted my ankle. The characters left after that, so I think Disney did alright, considering the crowd and weather.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. I do agree that some indoor "Plan B's" would be a good idea in view of the fact that weather can always be an interference.

shoppingnut

I know what the ticket states which was my reason for posting the way I did. That does not give them god rights. If I get a bumper sticker on my car that states "I'm not responsible for hitting someone, will that make me exempt?

This is an unusual Circumstance, we are not talking about a light rain. People could get hurt by cramming into Cosmic Rays. I'm sure the place exceeded the capicity allowed.So we disagree :shrug:

Have you ever looked at the back of a ticket for a sporting event, it says that if you are hit by a ball or anything of that nature they are not liable and when purchasing the ticket you didn't read it or think it applied to you, well it's just tough luck, you accepted it when you bought it and it's perfectly legal.

They have to put what they put on the ticket to protect themselves from the unsavory characters in our society who are truly out there to cheat them. For instance, if they didn't put "rain or shine" they'd have a people trying to get another ticket or refund for a light drizzle.

Computer Magic

Have you ever looked at the back of a ticket for a sporting event, it says that if you are hit by a ball or anything of that nature they are not liable and when purchasing the ticket you didn't read it or think it applied to you, well it's just tough luck, you accepted it when you bought it and it's perfectly legal.

They have to put what they put on the ticket to protect themselves from the unsavory characters in our society who are truly out there to cheat them. For instance, if they didn't put "rain or shine" they'd have a people trying to get another ticket or refund for a light drizzle.
You can't compare being hit by a bat and being rained out of an event. If you get rained out before a complete baseball game you get a refund. We are splitting hairs here. It sounds as if Disney gave a ticket because it was so bad.

I do agree with you second paragraph. So many people would try a cheat the system or not show up becuase it was drizzling. This didn't sound like a light drizzle. Disney does have to provide a service, that is what you paid for. The question is what qualifies as a service or how much of the event has be to running for a service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom