Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party!

forevermickey

Original Poster
We received our tickets( cards) for MNSSHP today! I have never been and we are excited. I would love to hear if you have attended and what you liked and or didn't about this event. If you wore a costume and what it was!!:sohappy:

FLmom

We received our tickets( cards) for MNSSHP today! I have never been and we are excited. I would love to hear if you have attended and what you liked and or didn't about this event. If you wore a costume and what it was!!:sohappy:

We've gone every year for the past 9 yrs, every year my girls dress up in costume but hubby and I do not. My girls have been everything under the sun last year my youngest was a peacock princess and my oldest was vampire. In previous years it's been everything from a "Pink Lady" to Kim Possible (that one was a huge hit I hand made it and she wore a wig) to a fire fighter. This year is the first year my oldest who is 15 does not want to go with us she likes US HHN much better now after attending her first time last year.

Until this year the only time we went to the MK was at the holiday party's because it was the only way I could afford it. We lived further away and hiring a farm sitter for any more then one feeding is too expensive. Now we finally live closer so have AP's and are going about once every two weeks but we are still excited about the holiday party's.

forevermickey

Original Poster
We've gone every year for the past 9 yrs, every year my girls dress up in costume but hubby and I do not. My girls have been everything under the sun last year my youngest was a peacock princess and my oldest was vampire. In previous years it's been everything from a "Pink Lady" to Kim Possible (that one was a huge hit I hand made it and she wore a wig) to a fire fighter. This year is the first year my oldest who is 15 does not want to go with us she likes US HHN much better now after attending her first time last year.

Until this year the only time we went to the MK was at the holiday party's because it was the only way I could afford it. We lived further away and hiring a farm sitter for any more then one feeding is too expensive. Now we finally live closer so have AP's and are going about once every two weeks but we are still excited about the holiday party's.

Thanks! What is US HHN? How awesome that you get to go to Disney that often!

FLmom

Thanks! What is US HHN? How awesome that you get to go to Disney that often!

US HHN is Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights not my cup of tea I prefer MNSSH much more. I didn't even answer all your questions, I think what we always liked about it in the past is because of the limited entrance it's never been so packed that we couldn't see the parade and get on rides without a wait. I used to like the little things they did like that free photo but that hasn't happened for well I'm not sure how many years I'd have to dig out our photos and see when they stopped. My girls always loved the idea of trick or treating in the park and that was something they looked forward to all year long.

gwhb75

We've been twice, and will be going again this year. My kids dress up, my wife and I don't, but there are lots of adults that do. It's a great night. Lots of trick-or-treating and character meet and greets with villains. The parade is really good (probably the best one they have). Make sure you stake out a spot early for the parade so you don't miss the headless horsemen. A really good fireworks show too. Overall it is a great hard ticket event and, in my opinion, worth the money.

JillC LI

Our family of 4 went in 2009 and loved it. Check out my profile for a pic of our coordinating Hitchhiking Ghost costumes. It was great to be able to get into the park at 4pm for the 7pm party. (We left our costumes and makeup in a locker until just before 7pm to change.) The parade and fireworks were really special. It was definitely a blast. We left at 11:30pm to avoid the mass exodus.

Texas84

Watch for the shows at the Mansion and Pirates. With the construction this year there might be less candy spots.

We have gone last 2 years and will be back this Oct. Have gone as pirates and my DD usually goes as Alice or Rapunzel this last year. I will be going as Mother Gothel this year with her as Rapunzel. We even have Pascal dressed up in a Rapunzel dress for this year. Can't wait!

Mukta

I have gone a few times. There is nothing about the party that I don't like. The only small thing is that the candy isn't as good as it used to be.

There are a ton of great things about the party. The parade is remarkable, the fireworks are amazing and the villains stage show is a ton of fun. I attend the party in September and the park is empty after 10 pm. There is a great 'ghost' at the Haunted Mansion. She is hilarious.

Last time I dressed as the devil and my mom went as an angel. We wore our own clothes and just wore horns and a halo. Both costumes together cost less than $10.

The year before that, my friend and I went as fairies. Elaborate costumes with make up and all. It was tons of fun.

I have also attended the party without a costume. It is more fun in costume.

DisneyBergh

We got our tickets about a month ago! We are so excited for our first MNSSHP! DW and I are thinking about costumes but can't come up with any simple yet fun ideas. The only let down was that the tickets were generic Mickey and Donald. I thought maybe they would have a Halloween theme, but no such luck :(

forevermickey

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!! This makes me even more excited!!... Are there any attractions open and do any of you ride them during this event?

Mukta

Thanks everyone!! This makes me even more excited!!... Are there any attractions open and do any of you ride them during this event?

Just about all of the attractions are open, but I don't ride most of them. I ride the Haunted Mansion, but I spend most of the party enjoying things unique to the party. Taking pictures with characters, trick or treating etc.

Sirenia

I've only been once. My best friend and I decided to take her kids. I was Oogie Boogie, and they dressed as Lock, Shock, and Barrel. I'm planning to attend this years party again, though I'm not sure what my costume will be yet...I'm sure it will end up being alot of sewing and such.

We loved the parade and fireworks...and the characters that you don't normally see. The Queen of Hearts was the highlight of the night for us :D We weren't impressed with the candy stations, we went to two and skipped the rest...the kids didn't want to carry candy. We had fun at the dance parties...but it was just way too hot to dance for long.

Heres a pic of all of us
264330_1817107552860_1395265384_31542598_5424936_n.jpg

Emyli Mouse

Not So Scary!

I've gone three times and have always dressed up. A lot of people who don't dress up have orange and black shirts that say "This is my Halloween costume." Makes me laugh every time. We always go in early and I love the looks people give me because I'm all dressed up!
The first year I dressed as a doctor (I'm a nurse, so super easy). The past two years I've dressed as a witch and painted my face green. The workers always get a kick out of that because most are young theatre majors and I look like Elphaba fromn Wicked. It's a blast.
They give you a bag to put candy in, but we've brought candy buckets many times. These are harder to fit in the stroller when the kids are done carrying them.
Closer to the end of the night, you can just keep going back through the candy lines when the lines are short. The best stations to hit up were on the Tomorrowland walkway that connects Toon Town with Tomorrowland, but that will all be closed. :(
It is usually not that busy and Disney does a great job of getting people out of the parks who are not staying for the party. Don't miss Happy Hallowishes!! The fireworks last year were AMAZING. And the atmosphere at night is the best part about the whole thing. Places are more deserted due to the limited attendence and it just feels spooky.
I have always had a blast, the lines are shorter, the park more open, and I recommend it to everyone! Have fun!

MissM

Love and I went on Halloween night back in 2005 maybe? I loved it and have wanted to do it again. (And we planned on doing it this year but with the medical bills...*sigh* probably not this year.)

He dressed up as John from Carousel of Progress (circa 1920's) and NO ONE got it. So annoyed. I got this big, gothic ballgown cheap at Ross and paired it with black angel wings. There's still a pic in my profile too of that. (used to be my main avatar pic for awhile.)

My advice is no matter what your costume is, WEAR COMFY SHOES! Trust me on this one. You're still at Disney and you will still be doing a LOT of walking. I wore sneakers with my ball gown. And I was so glad I did. I wasn't the only one either so it didn't stand out at all wearing comfy shoes with the costume. My other advice: don't wear wings. LOL They were a pain and I had to keep taking them off to get into ride vehicles.

I SO want to go again though. Totally jealous but have fun! :D

Rlevy33663

Loved it!

I went for the first time this past Halloween. Everybody's right - the parade was awesome and the fireworks were very cool. Main Street just has a very different feel with pumpkins all over and ghosts projected onto the buildings. Most people were dressed up and it was so much fun to see all the costumes. There were also hardly any waits for the rides. My friend went as an Avatar and I was Annette Funicello (figured this would be the only place that people would get it). It was also the Food and Wine at Epcot, so between those two special events it was one of my favorite trips ever. Have fun!! :)

Thomas morrow

The party is awesome from atmosphere in the park to the parade,especially the headless horseman, the fireworks, the villians show and the "candy trick or treat candy ooowwie gooie halloween treats". Last year we had our picture taken with all seven Dwarfs and the year before we had one taken in front of Cinderella's carriage. Lots of good picture opportunities. My wife and i dress up and we are both in our late 40's. Its fun to be a 10 year old again. We ended up with 2 big bags of candy.

Disneydreamer23

This will be my first year going! I will be going to MNSSHP Oct 31st and Universal HHN Oct 30 and Mickeys x mas party on nov 8th im PUMPED!!!!

JillC LI

THAT is awesome! This year will be my first year to MNSSHP....can't wait!:sohappy:

Thanks! We got so many compliments on those costumes, especially near the Haunted Mansion. We bought a fabulous Photopass picture that had a ghost appear in the background driving a carriage. Don't miss that Photopass area near the HM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom