Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
A friend that works at WDW version has mentioned that WDI out there teased that DL version would have an added scene but they wouldn't disclose what or where. They could be mentioning the different queue for all we know.
The building shape is totally different so whatever it is it literally can not be a clone, although it can feel like one.

Giss Neric

A friend that works at WDW version has mentioned that WDI out there teased that DL version would have an added scene but they wouldn't disclose what or where. They could be mentioning the different queue for all we know.
I do hope so. Problem is they made a ride from an existing showbuilding so I'm sure they had to modify a lot. With a new building being built from ground up, they have more freedom.

I do hope they improve on the 2.5D aspect of the ride more in Disneyland. It was all hyped up with the ride in Studios but we only ended up seeing it once towards the end and not throughout the ride.

Also, get rid of that tornado scene. Waste of space.

The Aracuan Bird

I think if the ride was a tribute to the early Disney Cartoons that would have actually preceded films in movie theatres, it could have been better. More animatronics. More detailed sets. Some of the Golden Age Hollywood stars even made cameo appearances in the shorts. Maybe they could’ve for the ride as well.

Instead, it’s based on the TV cartoons. Which kind you, are pretty good. But why is a TV show cartoon being played in the Chinese Theatre? Immersion is broken before the ride even starts.

The Aracuan Bird

I think the opinions out of the West Coast will be glowing, Disneyland truly is stacked. If you want to visit a park, go to Disneyland. It has it all.
For sure. It’s a net gain D Ticket Dark Ride, and saves a Classic Disney inspired land that could’ve been on the chopping block for more Star Wars. What’s not to love there?

CastAStone

Premium Member
In the defence of Pirates, the sky color on the wall matches the color of the ceiling. Railway goes from Blue wall to Black ceiling. It’s not the end of the world, but it’s the little things that go the long way.
Pirates (at WDW) is indefensible and I genuinely don’t understand why people enjoy it. But that’s for another thread.

The Aracuan Bird

Pirates (at WDW) is indefensible and I genuinely don’t understand why people enjoy it. But that’s for another thread.
Pirates Lite has its own problems, no doubt. But the skybox immersion isn’t one of them. Sure, if you stare at the ceiling and inspect it, you realize you’re in a building. But with Mickey, you can see the disconnect between the sky and ceiling just through your peripheral vision.

91JLovesDisney

I’m sure it could if you’re looking for it but Pirates feels much more like I’m in a warehouse to me.
Maybe warehouse was the wrong word.. just feels kinda temporary..? I get what you're saying with potc feeling likes its in a warehouse (because it is) but it also still feels complete - you can't look behind you and see a metal wall, it's much more immersive.

For that matter it doesn't real feel like there are walls, except perhaps in the Wicked Wench scene (battle scene).

UNCgolf

Because it's a quality ride?

Sure, it's not as good as the one at Disneyland, but most people haven't experienced both. It's still one of the 15 or so best rides currently existing at WDW. It was my favorite ride at MK as a kid (although I liked multiple EPCOT attractions more).

UNCgolf

Maybe warehouse was the wrong word.. just feels kinda temporary..? I get what you're saying with potc feeling likes its in a warehouse (because it is) but it also still feels complete - you can't look behind you and see a metal wall, it's much more immersive.

For that matter it doesn't real feel like there are walls, except perhaps in the Wicked Wench scene (battle scene).

I think warehouse is the right word, and it's a problem with all trackless rides. They all kind of feel like you're in a warehouse. Rise gets by with it better than others because gigantic rooms fit the aesthetic of the IP, so it's not incongruous.

The Aracuan Bird

I think warehouse is the right word, and it's a problem with all trackless rides. They all kind of feel like you're in a warehouse. Rise gets by with it better than others because gigantic rooms fit the aesthetic of the IP, so it's not incongruous.
FAE9369F-560C-4129-AED0-0B0FF802666A.jpeg

But it can be done.

UNCgolf

Yeah, that part of Pooh's Hunny Hunt is the best one I've seen (via video; haven't been there in person) in terms of not feeling like you're in a huge warehouse. Rise also doesn't really feel like that (as I said), but that's due to the nature of the IP itself.

Even Pooh, though, has some of that warehouse feel in the Heffalumps and Woozles room. I don't think I've seen one (outside of Rise, maybe) that doesn't have at least one area with a warehouse feel.

yensidtlaw1969

I’m sure it could if you’re looking for it but Pirates feels much more like I’m in a warehouse to me.

Pirates Lite has its own problems, no doubt. But the skybox immersion isn’t one of them. Sure, if you stare at the ceiling and inspect it, you realize you’re in a building. But with Mickey, you can see the disconnect between the sky and ceiling just through your peripheral vision.
Indeed, The Aracuan Bird - Pirates at WDW has its problems for sure, and the Sky isn't as well-resolved as it is at Disneyland, but between Pirates and Runaway Railway one has a clearer issue with ceilings than the other:

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 4.05.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 4.06.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 4.10.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 4.09.21 PM.png

Pirates is like "There's not too much to see if you look up", where Railway is more like "Please don't look up".

The Aracuan Bird

Indeed, The Aracuan Bird - Pirates at WDW has its problems for sure, and the Sky isn't as well-resolved as it is at Disneyland, but between Pirates and Runaway Railway one has a clearer issue with ceilings than the other:

View attachment 554719

View attachment 554720

View attachment 554721

View attachment 554722

Pirates is like "There's not too much to see if you look up", where Railway is more like "Please don't look up".
Exactly what I was trying to get it.

91JLovesDisney

View attachment 554719

View attachment 554720

View attachment 554721

View attachment 554722

MMRR didn’t even try - they could have projected onto the ceiling, or darkened the projections towards the top so there’s not a blaring line.

CastAStone

Premium Member
I guess my point is, what are you doing looking up? There’s so much to see! Pirates is a small scene and then a bunch of dark followed by a medium scene and a bunch of dark, MMRR is an all-encompassing scene with vibrant color and frenetic energy followed immediately by another all-encompassing scene with vibrant colors and frenetic energy - why are you staring at the ceiling? (The ceiling works wonderfully when they do incorporate it into the waterfall scene)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom