Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

The Aracuan Bird

Then perhaps they should have built new instead of tearing out a ride that had substance? 😉

It really doesn’t move the needle much for me as a ride. The total-immersion/what-the-f-is-going-on-all-around-me isn’t terribly appealing to me. Looking at one thing but miss 8 other things, or having to “Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel!” your way through a scene isn’t fun, it’s overwhelming, and it’s sensory overload.
A Mickey Mouse ride is completely capable of having substance. It’s Mickey Mouse!

They had the opportunity to create a timeless classic that would last for generations. Instead, they made a good attraction with some cool technology that might last 20 years. Maybe in the next incarnation.

rle4lunch

A Mickey Mouse ride is completely capable of having substance. It’s Mickey Mouse!

They had the opportunity to create a timeless classic that would last for generations. Instead, they made a good attraction with some cool technology that might last 20 years. Maybe in the next incarnation.
Let's face facts, even crappy rides at Disney last 20 years. Lol.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I suppose this is a broader discussion, but when do we think the pre-show is coming back? I really don’t want to ride it unless I’m getting the full experience. I’m going in November and I’d be shocked if it wasn’t back by then.

Also what’s the consensus on plexiglass?
There were 1 2 3 4 5 6 stickers on the floor in the preshow area today that the staff wasn’t using. Not sure why they couldn’t do what they do on ROTR preshow but maybe the room is just that small.

UNCgolf

Went on this today finally, twice actually, and I am not sure why people hate on it or call it a D ticket. It’s ambitious, brilliant (in the visual sense), well executed, and very fun. I also miss TGMR but MMRR is great.

I think most complaints are because it replaced TGMR. I don't think there would be many negative comments if it had been built as an actual addition.

I personally think calling it a D ticket is right, but that's not really a negative. I'd also call Ratatouille a D ticket.

The Aracuan Bird

Went on this today finally, twice actually, and I am not sure why people hate on it or call it a D ticket. It’s ambitious, brilliant (in the visual sense), well executed, and very fun. I also miss TGMR but MMRR is great.
Off the top of my head, the locations are pretty generic, and the sets aren’t intimate, so it gives off a “warehouse” feel. The ride looks good, but it seems like they prioritized technology at the expense of the overall experience. Song is catchy though.

91JLovesDisney

Off the top of my head, the locations are pretty generic, and the sets aren’t intimate, so it gives off a “warehouse” feel. The ride looks good, but it seems like they prioritized technology at the expense of the overall experience. Song is catchy though.
Having the show scenes not really integrate into the floor makes it feel very temporary, unlike rides like Splash Mountain where you're completely immersed, ceiling and floor and all.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is the Disneyland version going to be a carbon copy? They could add a scene or two since the show building looks larger than the one at Studios.
Rumour has it yes, I was told not to expect anything new ride wise. My DL info isn’t as detailed as Orlando. I did think their queue would certainly add to the building though.

They get a plus point already though for being a new build whilst the DHS launch bay and animation / cubicle complex still rots.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Having the show scenes not really integrate into the floor makes it feel very temporary, unlike rides like Splash Mountain where you're completely immersed, ceiling and floor and all.
The projections very much do in spots and the walls come alive all over the place. The ride vehicles are enormous, I’m not sure how much one could have done with the floor.

Anyway that feels like picking nits to me, the whole thing pulled together was great and my kids were giggling messes the entire time. 10/10.

Movielover

The projections very much do in spots and the walls come alive all over the place. The ride vehicles are enormous, I’m not sure how much one could have done with the floor.

Anyway that feels like picking nits to me, the whole thing pulled together was great and my kids were giggling messes the entire time. 10/10.

While I am sour over GMR no longer existing, and having not able to experience the new ride myself yet, I can't argue against you and your kids enjoying the new ride just as intended. Do I wish it was in a different spot? Yes. Do I hate that people are enjoying it? heck no, its entertainment and you clearly got the most out of it! I can't wait to ride it myself.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
There were 1 2 3 4 5 6 stickers on the floor in the preshow area today that the staff wasn’t using. Not sure why they couldn’t do what they do on ROTR preshow but maybe the room is just that small.

Maybe they're getting ready for it? My original post/thought had to do with the explosion fog having to be turned off due to covid. And having that off they couldn't disguise the screen opening up.
Those numerical stickers have been in place since the reopening. Guests stood on them in family groups before being allowed into the train queue. A CM called each number to allow for spacing. The pre-show was not shown of course.

Protocols have been modified on each of my visits (July, August, November, February and April.)

91JLovesDisney

Great ride, but you admit it does feel a little warehousey, right? That’s all I was saying :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom