Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

WDWFREAK53

I'd prefer virtual queues. Just show up, check in, and wait to be buzzed in. I feel that Volcano Bay does this rather well.
You’re apparently the only one.

It would make the walkways more mobbed than they already are.
It could be done in a way that the new attraction could be designed with an area for the virtual queue like Jimmy Fallon. The idea of physically standing in a line seems so archaic. Have the areas be like little lounges with games, a bathroom, and maybe have it be a pre-show of sorts.

justintheharris

It could be done in a way that the new attraction could be designed with an area for the virtual queue like Jimmy Fallon. The idea of physically standing in a line seems so archaic. Have the areas be like little lounges with games, a bathroom, and maybe have it be a pre-show of sorts.
It is a good idea but I feel like Universal and Disney have somehow magically linked the mediocre popularity of the Jimmy Fallon ride with the queue. The queue may actually be nicer than the ride itself.

Goofyernmost

I was surprised. I avoided it due to the reviews (stupid of me) but we rode in August and really liked Fallon.

FnF was indeed awful...
I went there in September and agree that Fallon, although not the best thing I ever rode, was acceptably interesting. I couldn't check out FnF because the day that I concentrated on Universal Studio's it was down all day.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Disneyson

I wonder if the ride will feature any continuity/throwbacks towards the Mickey Mouse shorts they're based on. I'm sure Gubbles, Mickey's poor constantly-in-danger fish will swim around in the ocean someplace. And I wonder if they'll make clever Disney in-jokes as the shorts themselves do (Cinderella in the French short, Reference to Walt Disney's model train set in the Tokyo short, Matterhorn gags in the Alpine short, Potatoland-style jabs, etc.)

The plot really seems to me a rip from Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - the only main difference being that you're pulled away from a fiery inferno at the end instead of into it. I wonder if there will be any semblance of transitions that make any sort of sense in the attraction... and if anyone will really care?

Lastly, it doesn't seem like Donald gets in this one, because according to rumors even Daisy and Pluto have featured roles. Is that just a lack of info, do you think, or is Mickey trying to take back his starring role after being robbed in Philharmagic?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom