Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

fradz

Jeff from ED92 published a new rumor regarding DLP's Disneyland Park. He himself is a bit doubtful about it, but I thought I'd share regardless.
A mini land, ressembling DL's Toon Town, would be coming between Discoveryland and IASW. The zone would mainly feature the Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway ride, and meet & greets.

The zone highlighted below is about 19.000 m² (GMR showbuilding is roughly 6.000 m²).
Quoting & linking just to highlight said location
(Between IASW & Discoveryland)

ToTBellHop

Oh please, let's not go THERE again. The true and total budgets for these attractions are only known by a very small number of people (High-level Finance/Accounting, and Corporation executives). Any other source (besides an executive on-the-record or financial disclosure) is conjecture and rumormongering. Just keep that in mind with any number you see on here...

THAT said, released documents have shown that clones are much cheaper to build than the first version of any attraction. Universal, in particular, has released information that confirms this.
Perhaps YOU shouldn’t go there again.

Would this be cheaper to clone? Only if they already have a warehouse to put it in with an adequate facade and preexisting queue. The situation in DHS is somewhat unique. Still, for Disney, it’s a cheap E-ticket, easy to place in a box, and should prove popular due to its quality and the fact that it’s a Mickey Mouse ride. Kind of a slam dunk.

I’ve been asked to not release absolute numbers here (for those who believe me), but more than Everest, less than Rat. Not that this should be a huge surprise.

Epcot_Imagineer

Is MMRR experiencing any of the same bugs that ROTR is trying to solve on both coasts?
This is actually a very good question I have been meaning to ask some of the insiders. Trackless technology is something Disney has been heavily featuring in some of their most recent attractions and I am wondering if each of these ride systems is similar, in that they are using similar technology that belongs to WDI, or if each contractor is bringing their own form of trackless tech.

plutofan15

Perhaps YOU shouldn’t go there again.

Would this be cheaper to clone? Only if they already have a warehouse to put it in with an adequate facade and preexisting queue. The situation in DHS is somewhat unique. Still, for Disney, it’s a cheap E-ticket, easy to place in a box, and should prove popular due to its quality and the fact that it’s a Mickey Mouse ride. Kind of a slam dunk.

I’ve been asked to not release absolute numbers here (for those who believe me), but more than Everest, less than Rat. Not that this should be a huge surprise.

Legit question, forgive me if it comes across wrong. How do you have absolute numbers on costs? Are you or a family member a Disney employee?

olie64

Legit question, forgive me if it comes across wrong. How do you have absolute numbers on costs? Are you or a family member a Disney employee?

Im going to take a wild guess here and he will not tell you. Or maybe had has a good friend that works for Disney. It not uncommon to have people tell friends things from work they aren't suppose too.

Epcot_Imagineer

I don't mean to speak for the insiders, but its never really described how they have numbers. It is assumed they have connections somehow or another to either Disney employees, WDI, contractors, etc. You don't have to believe anything the insiders say; they are just usually correct in what they post here in accordance with what is announced officially by the company. A caveat of them providing info is they are usually very vague and cryptic (I'm looking at @marni1971) in the information they provide to protect their sources and not reveal too much. Tigerlight is known for not believing a good amount of what the insiders say (particularly about price), but most everyone else believes the insiders so they kind-of bash on the naysayers.

ToTBellHop

Im going to take a wild guess here and he will not tell you. Or maybe had has a good friend that works for Disney. It not uncommon to have people tell friends things from work they aren't suppose too.
It’s more than one friend and sometimes info conflicts for whatever reason. Sometimes they are very clear that “this is for your ears only.” Budgets are often tightly held. But between Everest and Rat, I think, is a good enough ballpark for our discussions.

olie64

It’s more than one friend and sometimes info conflicts for whatever reason. Sometimes they are very clear that “this is for your ears only.” Budgets are often tightly held. But between Everest and Rat, I think, is a good enough ballpark for our discussions.

I figured. I get the for your ears only sometimes as well. I believe you for sure.

RSoxNo1

Three figures. Quite a bit more than Everest. Quite a bit less than Tron.
Does it crack $200 mil?

I mean realistically let's say it would have cost $75 mil more for this to have been a Voyage of the Little Mermaid replacement with an additional $75 mil going into a major update to GMR. Considering how poorly and inefficiently they spend money I'd think this would have been a much better operational benefit at the cost of an additional $150 mil.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom